Sign in to follow this  
wolverine

Ann Arbor Meetup?

It seems like there are some forumers that can't make it to the Detroit meetups because of distance reasons or because of other inconveniences. I was wondering if any of you thought this would be a great idea to have one in Ann Arbor because there is a ton to do.

There is also alot of great places to take pictures. There's a lot of historic architecture and a collection of buildings of what Albert Kahn called "his greatest work." We could have a great dinner at any of the restaurants downtown or go to any events if anything is going on. It's up to you guys.

Anyone interested?

I'd be interested...haven't been over that way for a while. Actually I think the last time I was there was when I picked you up so we could go to Detroit.

Well, at least I don't have to get a ride anywhere.

Would be tough on Friday and the weekends, though, since I work.

Well, Fridays or Saturdays would probably work best for me, though I could do something on a Wednesday afternoon if need be. Sundays typically don't work all that well, since I have breakfast in Detroit in the morning, and then do all the work I've procrastinated on after that.

Same here Allan, I tend to procrastinate until Sunday. Technically a Saturday would work best for me. An afternoon on a Friday would be kind of rushed, especially for those who have classes or work.

Now we need some more representation.

GRap forumers?

Michi, LMichigan...?

Oh yah. That would be fun. I've never really explored Ann Arbor except the university and the two main streets.

I have a really really really messed up semester currently and so I can only commit at spur of the moment I'm afraid. If anything formulates, I'll try to keep myself posted. An afternoon away from the books might be just what I need on a particular day. :)

So do we want to set up a date sometime for this? I figured we'd wait after the excitement of the Superbowl got done with. Shall we do this sometime in March?

That might work for me. My final critique is May 2nd, so I might be able to spare an afternoon....

Jsut keep in mind nearly the entire university will be moving out, so parking might be a bit difficult. The downtown ramps shouldn't be filled though. I'm sure we'll work things out. The best would be for you guys to park right in front of Couzens Hall where it's cheap. There's free parking on the side of the building because the meters haven't been installed yet, just poles.

I just realized that I have a Preservation Wayne meeting next Saturday at 12:00, so the earliest I could join you folks is probably 3:30 or so....

I definitely can't come in the morning, since I have another very important meeting that pertains to a conference in Washington D.C. that I am being required to attend.