Ashley, Detroit, Huron Streets + More! (AA)

wolverine

These are from last Thursday. I know I haven't finished the Hayward thread yet, I'll get to updating that later.

Sorry these are big, it won't happen again. Grab a cup of coffee or something if these take long to load.

roomview1.jpg

A view from my dorm room at Couzens Hall. After I took the picture, I decided to go around the city to take more photos.

roomview2.jpg

A view out the other window with the mistake in the distance.

roomview3.jpg

The Detroit Observatory sits perched atop its hill between Couzens and Lloyd Halls. It's hard to imagine this was once in the middle of nowhere.

roomview4.jpg

Wolverine's future place of residence next year.

ashley1.jpg

There goes our 1948 "historic" parking structure

ashley2.jpg

With all the tower proposals the city has been getting, they realized it would be necessary to build a much larger parking structure.

ashley6.jpg

A renovation and addition to this historic building is being completed by JC Beal

ashley7.jpg

Work is continuing on Liberty Lofts. Rumor has it a downtown grocery store is moving into the retail space in the foregound.

ashley8.jpg

Steel is going up for the addition on the right.

ashley10.jpg

A view from William Street.

ashley11.jpg

Looking up Liberty at First

ashley12.jpg

Storefronts on William

ashley13.jpg

Apartment highrises on Wiliam

ashley14.jpg

Panoramic overlooking Main and Ashley corridors.

ashley15.jpg

Some dry architecture.

ashley20.jpg

County building addition

ashley16.jpg

Sign on the side of a downtown liquor store

ashley17.jpg

Kerrytown shops and I think one of the county buildings to the far right.

ashley18.jpg

More Kerrytown

ashley19.jpg

Looking back towards downtown.

ashley21.jpg

Detroit St. Market

ashley22.jpg

Kerrytown Mall

ashley23.jpg

Inside the mall.

ashley24.jpg

Some rowhouses on Detroit St.

ashley25.jpg

Hellz yeah! I love Zingerman Sandwhiches

That's the end.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I came back this morning and they're showing up just fine. Weird. And it was the infamous red X which more often that not on this computer cannot be solved, if I hit refresh and they don't show up (which I did) then try again another day (which I also did.) Worked this time, nice photos. Makes me feel as if you either took them really early or at twilight. But with my lousy understanding of sun positioning and direction I can't figure out which. Ann Arbor has such wonderful density and I'd love to see your future residence in a few years when it's all cozied up.

WS

Archived