Happenings

• 2 weeks later...

The 2007 Colombian Independence Day festival will be held on July 22 in Falls Park on the Reedy. Get your cameras ready... :camera:

Went downtown yesterday for this and was disappointed that nothing was going on! When I got home, I clicked through the link and saw that it was actually at Vaughn's at East North street. Why in the world did they change it from downtown? I thought it was great last year!

I am not sure why they changed it so late. Oh well, I was unable to go anyway this year because of work. Main Street, Falls Park, RiverPlace, and the Peace Center were perfect venues for this festival last year. :(

In other good event news:

The 2007 Big League World Series is underway in Easley. You can catch the championship game on ESPN August 4.

The ABA BMX Redline Cup East 2007 Championship will be in Greenville September 14-16. That is the same weekend as Southern Exposure and Art in the Park.

The SC Council of Teachers of Mathematics will hold its 2007 annual conference in Greenville on October 24-26.

Yes the track is at Southside Park in Simpsonville, but Greenville is the host city. I used to frequent that track when I was into BMX bike riding. It is a great sport to get the whole family involved with. The owner of Southside BMX has been one of the best riders in the nation in his age group for years. :)

Who: You and your closest friends and family

What: Perseid Meteor Shower

When: Sunday, August 12th at 10:00pm through Monday, August 13th at 4:00am

Where: Anywhere where you have an open view of the skies with little light pollution hindering your view of the stars

Why: Because it's a New Moon on Monday (no Duran Duran jokes, please)

More Details

Edited by RestedTraveler

Who: You and your closest friends and family

What: Perseid Meteor Shower

When: Sunday, August 12th at 10:00pm through Monday, August 13th at 4:00am

Where: Anywhere where you have an open view of the skies with little light pollution hindering your view of the stars

Why: Because it's a New Moon on Monday (no Duran Duran jokes, please)

More Details

This is really cool! :good:

Thanks for posting this RT!

Anybody have any info on the Greenville Blues Festival? Looks like it will be in September at Bi-Lo Center. My question, is this a one night concert with a few artist and Bi-Lo decided to name it "Blues Festival" or is this a legit, weekend long event with multiple groups performing? :dontknow:

Anybody have any info on the Greenville Blues Festival? Looks like it will be in September at Bi-Lo Center. My question, is this a one night concert with a few artist and Bi-Lo decided to name it "Blues Festival" or is this a legit, weekend long event with multiple groups performing? :dontknow:

I believe it is just the one night. Not much of a line-up, in my opinion.

Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover Live" event is coming back to Greenville August 23, 6:30-9:30 at the Bi Lo Center (www.DaveRamsey.com, click on "See Dave Live!") :yahoo:

His event came to the mega-church off of Haywood Road last year and was fantastic. My wife and I have been listening to his show for two years (AM 660, 2pm-5pm, also on XM/Sirius) and he has COMPLETELY changed our lives. Debt that we had planned to pay off in 2 years was gone in a few months, and now we are getting ahead rather than pedaling to catch up.

His live event is entertaining, informative, inspiring, and the time flies. Not what you might expect in a financial seminar.

P.S. This is not "get rich quick." As he puts it, his is not a microwave method; it is a crock-pot.

A great event at Connollys to benefit the Humane Society. Yappy Hour! :)

I was at last year's "Yappy Hour" and it was a great party -- Connolly's was full! No idea where all those people came from, but it was a cool mix of ages and professions; all dog lovers, I guess. Saw a lot of people I knew and met some new ones. I'll definitely go back. And as I recall, the silent auction had some really great items. Plus, it's a great cause, and in this heat, nice to have a "Downtown Alive meets Main St. Jazz" kind of event in the a/c!