Fulton/Market Land

Yankee Fan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to see an amassing of 200 - 300 footers around a general center area then in the center of thoes groupings I'd like to see a couple of 450-500... In my dream I see about 2 ot 3 groupings like that.

Google isn't my friend today, no? ;-( Thats amaaaasing

I don't think 20-25 stories is unreasonable. It is nice that developers continue to build upon the river's edge but in terms of the skyline and the visual environment, a building too tall could really disrupt a view into the city. A larger building in Grand Rapids, away from the river, would really make the skyline something to look at.

The lot is used by amway and courtyard marriott employees and parking for oversized vehicles and tour busses, it probably wont change anytime soon considering they closed 2 of grand plazas 4 parking lots for the JW marriott. I used to work in parking there. I think that lot would be allright for a 20 floor building max but the tallest should be at the huntington bank site

GR8Scott you beat me to it...I wanted to be the one with the information. When did you work in parking at the Grand Plaza? I did vallet parking in 96-97.

Are you guys talking about Market/Fulton, or the city land at Market/Wealthy? I's confused. :huh: The City approved a resolution at the January 10th meeting to move forward on a strategy for the Market/Wealthy land (inlcuding surveys and appraisals). I think they're pretty geaked about this.

I don't think there's anything going on at Market/Fulton. The survey crew may have been there for all kinds of mundane city service reasons: new traffic lights, moving curbs, blah, blah, blah....

• 1 month later...

I find it interesting that the survey crews that I saw over in the area of the "big development" showed up this morning (early, like at 7 am), to survey this land. I wonder what interest they would have in this land. Unless they are thinking of including this in the other development. Although, 131 would kind of cut it off.

I find it interesting that the survey crews that I saw over in the area of the "big development" showed up this morning (early, like at 7 am), to survey this land. I wonder what interest they would have in this land. Unless they are thinking of including this in the other development. Although, 131 would kind of cut it off.

A pretty ambitious option would be to span over 131 :w00t: Otherwise a boardwalk could be extended between the two.

GR8Scott you beat me to it...I wanted to be the one with the information. When did you work in parking at the Grand Plaza? I did vallet parking in 96-97.

I worked there just last summer, so its probably a lot different than when you worked there, a nice summer job though, I still use the Fulton and market lot to park illegally when the gate is up haha

Archived