Rebirth of Downtown Chattanooga (2000 - 2005) II

Hankster,

How is the Choo-Choo Holiday Inn holding up?

I've been wanting to come to Chattanooga for years and stay at that hotel. I'm not a huge railroad buff, but I love train stations. We have a train station/hotel where I live called the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel.

A while back I heard that the Holiday Inn was a pretty nice restoration. Have they kept the property in good condition?

Thanks.

It's doing just great. You'll have to call ahead if you want to stay there. It sells out frequently. By the way, the Choo Choo Holiday Inn is located at the southern terminus of the free electric shuttle route. It's an awesomw way to see the entire downtown area. There is never a long wait, and it's free!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks Hankster!

I really have to get to Chatanooga sometime soon. Our newspaper has a story about it in the travel section about twice a year, so it really appears to be a popular place.

It's not a complicated ride from where I live: Just down I-81 to its end, then I-40 for a bit, then I-75.

Three roads and I'm THERE. (Why the heck do I keep dragging my feet then?) 8-)

Hankster, do you have any pics of the Hamilton Place area?

As much as I love great downtowns, I do also like to see pics of a region's prominent commercial areas.

If you have any of those, please let me know if/when you can post them and I'll keep an eye out for 'em.

Thanks

Hankster, do you have any pics of the Hamilton Place area?

As much as I love great downtowns, I do also like to see pics of a region's prominent commercial areas.

If you have any of those, please let me know if/when you can post them and I'll keep an eye out for 'em.

Thanks

I'm not a big suburban fan, so I don't have any pics right now. However, since you have asked, I'll get some and post them for you. I'm goingon vacation tomorrow so it will be at least a week before I'll be able to post them.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...