Rebirth of Downtown Chattanooga (2006 and on)

Museum Bluffs Phase II is being developed to help with the lost units up on Cameron Hill. Are there plans to add more in the lower price range to help fill the void that the Cameron hill demolition caused?

All but 32 of the units have already been sold by auction. The prices for some of the units were pretty reasonable, starting at $95,000. However, since it was an auction, I don't know whether anyone was successful in getting a unit for that price.

First time poster! Was downtown on Saturday checking out the progress of Museum Bluffs Riverside. Great weather and the building looks beautiful IMHO and fits in perfectly with it's surroundings. I really enjoy reading this forum and keeping up with downtown Chattanooga. Keep up the good work!

CIMG0252resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0292resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0250resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0270resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0294resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0259resize640x480.jpg

Dont want to over do it, but here are a few more pics of my downtown time last Saturday. Thanks for the WELCOME!

I think Lookout Mountain in the background looks cool! Like how it looks against the city skyline, especially the angled Aquarium roof! Museum Bluffs Riverside fits right in!

CIMG0263resize800x600.jpg

Pretty blue sky and the white clouds seem to outline the buildings perfectly. Just noticed that!

CIMG0293resize640x480.jpg

Cranes EVERYWHERE!

CIMG0262resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0258resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0302resize640x480.jpg

CIMG0276resize640x480.jpg

Edited by bozooka

• 1 month later...

I have no idea where Palmetto 8 is. However, the northshore project is on frazier ave., next to a gas station, across the road from 417 Frazier. The Greenlife Grocery is supposed to be on Manufacturers Rd IIRC, which intersects with Frazier Ave/Cherokee Blvd just NW of Market St.

Edit: BTW, 417 Fraizer has been "started", they've leveled the old building and have excavated the basement. Seems like I have a picture somewhere I might post tomorrow.

The Greenlife Grocery is set to be across from the One North Shore project; approx 200 units with 6 floors of condos above a retail level, views of the river, concierge and doorman service, and what looks like other hotel-like amenities. I was told that it is based on the metropolis in mid-town atlanta. Construction is supposed to begin in the 4th quarter of 2006.

Now that my daughter is a Chattanooga resident, I visit this beautiful city quite often. My latest trip included a visit to North chattanooga and the Theater where I saw a very professional and well presented community theater play. It is a wonderful resource in a great location.

Chattanooga does things right and in my mind is poised to become the next boom town in the South. It's just such a great place to live and work. Sure hope you get the Toyota plant!

The Greenlife Grocery is set to be across from the One North Shore project; approx 200 units with 6 floors of condos above a retail level, views of the river, concierge and doorman service, and what looks like other hotel-like amenities. I was told that it is based on the metropolis in mid-town atlanta. Construction is supposed to begin in the 4th quarter of 2006.

Welcome to the forum, Bestiosus, and thanks for the update. This is going to be an exciting project for Chattanooga anf the Northshore area. Are you from Chattanooga?

• 2 months later...

Terrific pictures! That's a nice looking tush on that last one. :lol:

LOL! I agree! Seriously though, Chattanooga is absolutely gorgeous. I've been visiting the city since I was a little boy when my grandmother lived there, so naturally, I have very fond memories of the place. It's got to be one of the most underrated cities in the nation. It really is a true gem and a perfect balance between urban and nature. It kind of reminds me of a smaller, more diverse, slightly less developed Portland, Oregon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Do they have any towers planned 20 stories and up?

There are rumors of a couple of projects in Chattanooga of 18 to 20 stories, but nothing is definite. Try out this link:

New Tallest for Chattanooga

Also, I heard of a possible 18 story mixed use project at the corner of 4th and Chestnut. Only time will tell if either one of these rumors will materialize.

There are rumors of a couple of projects in Chattanooga of 18 to 20 stories, but nothing is definite. Try out this link:

New Tallest for Chattanooga

Also, I heard of a possible 18 story mixed use project at the corner of 4th and Chestnut. Only time will tell if either one of these rumors will materialize.

I've heard the same, for the same location.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Downtown Chattanooga retail gets a boost as Warehouse Row lands J.Crew, Anthropologie

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/31/downtown-retail-gets-a-boostwarehouse-row-lands/?breakingnews

Great news for Downtown Chatt. Warehouse row is an awesome place with the majority of the tenants being local retailers, with the exception of these two retailers and chain restaurant Tupelo Honey, which opened a couple months back.

Here are a couple of pics of Warehouse Row - it consist of 7 early 1900's buildings all connected

Exterior

ypppsjehs59aoh7t.jpg

Interior

120313cWAREHOUSEROW310_t618.jpg

• Like 1

Publix to open on North Shore

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/31/beer-board-gives-final-approval-publix-open-north-/?breakingnews

Great news for Downtown Chatt. This is literally right across the river from downtown. Unfortunately, the city had to compromise on an urban design for a suburban design which erally sucks, even though this location is an up and coming urban walkable neighborhood. It was either compromise or risk Publix walking away. Good news though, this Publix has spawned several new apartment/townhome development nearby.

Whole foods already has a location on the North shore of Chatt not too far from the Publix.

The Publix is located where the green #2 is bottom right hand corner, and the whole foods is located where the white outlined box is in the below pic

2-NS-Aerial-with-Traffic-Counts.jpg21829021_SA.jpg21894032_BG1.jpg

Edited by nashmoney
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just the latest in a string of new developments.   Boutique hotel at the old Walnut Street Bridge at the edge of the city's Arts District.. 

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/aug/30/90-room-boutique-hotel-planned-for-downtown/

Boutique-Hotel_t618.jpg?ba5b5b122dd3d37c

More apartments and more apartments downtown.  These will be in a renovated Fleetwood Coffee building, not far from Warehouse Row.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/aug/13/more-apartmentsplanned-in-downtown-fleetwood/

0608_WEB_d_SwiftWings_1_t618.JPG?ba5b5b1

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/aug/05/developers-building-or-pursuing-plansto-add-more/?business

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3