UP - GR

Rizzo

Now we are seeing more and more projects being proposed in the city, and also some insiders droping hints like crazy on thoes very developments. There has been some thoughts from Dad about the possible nixing of plans by companies planing developments because of the speak that goes on here at the forums. Do you think this can happen, that UP - GR can actually hurt development or stop it entirely?

UP talk: Maybe more of this: :ph34r: can actually make this: :yahoo: Then later we find out that because of the "hints," our project went away, now we have this: :cry: and we get this: :angry:

Thoughts?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we are seeing more and more projects being proposed in the city, and also some insiders droping hints like crazy on thoes very developments. There has been some thoughts from Dad about the possible nixing of plans by companies planing developments because of the speak that goes on here at the forums. Do you think this can happen, that UP - GR can actually hurt development or stop it entirely?

I don't think it's as big of an issue as has been discussed. If plans get posted they got out somehow. Don't think that some of this info isn't "leaked" intentionally. If the plans were put up by smuggling them out of someone's office that's a different story.

I know plenty of stuff that is going on in this town, a fair bit of which some people on this board would wet their pants over. The reason that it doesn't get said isn't because I want to harbor a secret. Some of it is contractual with clients. I won

I don't think so. I think we all do a good job of only talk about things that have been "reported" in one of the media outlets, and walking that "fine line" like Yankee Fan said. By the time the media outs something, it's usually well down the path to a done deal. There is so much going on in this town that is not talked about here, because we lack penetration in certain areas :ph34r:

I don't think it's as big of an issue as has been discussed. If plans get posted they got out somehow. Don't think that some of this info isn't "leaked" intentionally. If the plans were put up by smuggling them out of someone's office that's a different story.

I know plenty of stuff that is going on in this town, a fair bit of which some people on this board would wet their pants over. The reason that it doesn't get said isn't because I want to harbor a secret. Some of it is contractual with clients. I won

I mean contractual basis, or breaking contract by expounding information to the public. I really don't think anyone on this forum would break the rules. But sometime down the road, can we expect to see the village idiot to appear? However, I don't agree that UP - GR can harm developments in the city.

Here are my thoughts on the subject:

1. Typically, people who are "in the know" are people who have gained the trust of those involved and have been given certain information because they have proven over time that they know how to handle the information and what they can and cannot do with it. To be aware of large projects or developments well ahead of time puts you in a select group of people who are granted access to more than just information: they are usually involved in the active discussions occuring at the time. Anything less than that is simply harmless speculation.

2. If, for some reason, a person slipped up and wrote or said more than they should have about a project or development to UP, the press, or anyone for that matter, I think that the only real fallout would be for that individual and not UP. As I said above, the group of people that know certain details about a particular project is typically a limited number. It would be fairly easy to figure out who had slipped because the proof would be in the details of the information leaked. It would be their reputation and trust that would suffer.

I cannot see UP suffering any backlash because of an individual's error.

Just my thoughts.

I know plenty of stuff that is going on in this town, a fair bit of which some people on this board would wet their pants over.

Why don't you just take your toys and go home if you don't want to share with us other kids. :P In all seriousness, I don't think I've seen anything posted here that wasn't taken from a media outlet. Why wouldn't we be able to discuss information that is already public knowledge? Nobody in "the Know" has revealed anything confidential, which is the way it should be.

Except via an occasional PM :ph34r:

It's all harmless fun. :D I think the added attention given to downtown FAR outweighs any particular developer losing a couple bucks or not snatching an opportunity when it comes. Any good developer in the area is in WAY deeper than we are here.

Except via an occasional PM :ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r:

I think we all keep our mouths shut when they have to be. I hear things that come with the disclaimer of "nobody knows this yet" a lot.. that's a good indicator that I should bite my tounge for a bit... :whistling:

I have been aware of a variety of projects before they got announced, but am under contract to not say anything. There is no way I would jepardize my job to simply be the one with the scoop. Also, I can hardly imagine a scenario where a developer would scrap a project because someone leaked a drawing...Maybe a project would go south if they were trying to buy the property in secret or something, but that is not a common way of doing business. relax

I'd have to say that if you were a person in the "know" and you just came into some info and wanted to be the forumer with the scoop and decided to reveal details that were confidential, maybe you are in the wrong line of business...

Archived