Dallas from N Oak Cliff

ROBTEX

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics! Should look even better as more of the Victory projects fill in.

Thanks! :)

Yes, the Victory infill will make a HUGE difference...especially One Victory Office Tower at 633 feet & 44 stories, One Victory Residential Tower at 600 feet & 45 stories, Cirque at 28 stories, and The House at 26 stories! :thumbsup:

How about pictures of the neighborhood though? I really like Oak Cliff - even though suburban relatives of my wife's always equates Oak Cliff with 'the hood'.

I don't have any pictures of the neighborhood. I was at the hospital for pre and post surgery dr. appts. and snapped these shots. I don't live in Oak Cliff, but when I'm feeling better and have the time, I will go out & take some photos. Parts of Oak Cliff are the most beautiful areas in the entire Dallas region. One part of Oak Cliff near Dallas Methodist is one such area...big, beautiful homes perched on low hill tops, surrounded by HUGE oak trees. :wub: People who refer to Oak Cliff, in general, as "the hood" are speaking out of ignorance because they obviously don't know much about Oak Cliff. :angry: Oak Cliff, per se, is basically the entire southern half of Dallas...huge area. Yes, there are some very scary areas of Oak Cliff...but there are also some areas that I can only dream of ever living in. Some of the most beautiful old mansions anywhere in the country are found right there in good old Oak Cliff!

I also meant to mention that those whitish apartments in the foreground of several of my photos are fairly new. Just a little to the east, they are also renovating the beautiful, nearly century-old Lake Cliff Tower into upscale residential. The view of downtown from Lake Cliff is awesome, too! :)

Last time I drove westbound on Woodall Rogers I noticed that there were at least 7-8 large cranes visible from the highway in the downtown area and just north of downtown...that's something I don't remember ever seeing in the few years I've been in the Dallas area. Seems as if development is really starting to pick up in the DT area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived