Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

I figured it was about time to start a sports thread for Louisiana. This will be the place to talk Hornets, Saints, Zephyr's, LSU, Tulane, ULL, LA Tech, or any sports/teams in Louisiana. :thumbsup:

P.S. "The Future of Professional Sports in SE Louisiana" thread will be used mainly for updates on the futures of the Hornets and the Saints in New Orleans.

Edited by NCB

I figured it was about time to start a sports thread for Louisiana. This will be the place to talk Hornets, Saints, Zephyr's, LSU, Tulane, ULL, LA Tech, or any sports/teams in Louisiana. :thumbsup:

P.S. "The Future of Professional Sports in SE Louisiana" thread will be used mainly for updates on the futures of the Hornets and the Saints in New Orleans.

Yeah I thought something not strictly dedicated to pro sports might be nice. Although aside from LSU I can't say I know about much else in that category.

Edited by Mith242

I have the first question. :D Have you heard any news of LSU expanding their baseball stadium? I'm pretty sure LSU has been top in the SEC in attendance for baseball if not the nation. But Arkansas has been coming on strong and is second only to LSU. I've heard of two expansions that could possibly push them past LSU around the 2010 time period.

I have the first question. :D Have you heard any news of LSU expanding their baseball stadium? I'm pretty sure LSU has been top in the SEC in attendance for baseball if not the nation. But Arkansas has been coming on strong and is second only to LSU. I've heard of two expansions that could possibly push them past LSU around the 2010 time period.

Construction recently started on a completely new baseball stadium that I believe is supposed to be finished in '09 or '10 at LSU. It will be one of the largest on-campus college baseball stadiums in the country. Tickets have been bought up to fill the entire stadium for the first two or three seasons after it is constructed, and there is still a very long waiting list for tickets. :D

Edited by NCB

Construction recently started on a completely new baseball stadium that I believe is supposed to be finished in '09 or '10 at LSU. It will be one of the largest on-campus college baseball stadiums in the country. Tickets have been bought up to fill the entire stadium for the first two or three seasons after it is constructed, and there is still a very long waiting list for tickets. :D

Ah, this is all news for me. I wonder how the expansions at the one here in Fayetteville will compare then. Our baseball stadium is relatively new. This could be a nice rivalry between the two schools in this sport.

Ah, this is all news for me. I wonder how the expansions at the one here in Fayetteville will compare then. Our baseball stadium is relatively new. This could be a nice rivalry between the two schools in this sport.

Yea there doesn't seem to be much of a rivalry between LSU and Arkansas in baseball when compared to football or basketball. That would definately be a fun and interesting rivalry. LSU's biggest rival in baseball now, and who will be forever, is Tulane. And because both LSU and Tulane have great baseball teams, its a fantastic rivalry on the field and off. :D

BTW Rod, I don't know how big Arkansas' baseball stadium is supposed to be after the expansion, but I believe that LSU's new stadium will be the 2nd or 3rd largest in the country.

Edited by NCB

^I think he was a great choice. He is great with young quarterbacks, which is what the Saints will be drafting in the NFL draft, he has a no nosense attitude and discipline is something that the Saints have been lacking for years.

I'm looking forward to seeing the coaching staff he chooses, and how the season starts out for him. :good:

I pinned this topic because I thought it would be nice to have another non-Katrina related and laid back topic at the top of the forum. Plus, I think this topic will start to get pretty active as LSU basketball just started SEC confrence games, LSU baseball will start up soon, and there is plenty of news coming out of Saints camp with the hiring of Sean Payton as head coach. :D

I pinned this topic because I thought it would be nice to have another non-Katrina related and laid back topic at the top of the forum. Plus, I think this topic will start to get pretty active as LSU basketball just started SEC confrence games, LSU baseball will start up soon, and there is plenty of news coming out of Saints camp with the hiring of Sean Payton as head coach. :D

What the, when did you become a moderator? :D

Yea there doesn't seem to be much of a rivalry between LSU and Arkansas in baseball when compared to football or basketball. That would definately be a fun and interesting rivalry. LSU's biggest rival in baseball now, and who will be forever, is Tulane. And because both LSU and Tulane have great baseball teams, its a fantastic rivalry on the field and off. :D

BTW Rod, I don't know how big Arkansas' baseball stadium is supposed to be after the expansion, but I believe that LSU's new stadium will be the 2nd or 3rd largest in the country.

2nd or 3rd college baseball stadium? To be honest I would have guessed they were already in that area. I haven't seen any numbers on the expansion of Baum Stadium here in Fayetteville. But someone stated it being one of the biggest college baseball stadiums when it's all said and done. I'm not sure if that's speculation or fact. But with Arkansas being the newcomers to the SEC they still haven't really established any real big rivals in hardly any of the sports.

2nd or 3rd college baseball stadium? To be honest I would have guessed they were already in that area. I haven't seen any numbers on the expansion of Baum Stadium here in Fayetteville. But someone stated it being one of the biggest college baseball stadiums when it's all said and done. I'm not sure if that's speculation or fact. But with Arkansas being the newcomers to the SEC they still haven't really established any real big rivals in hardly any of the sports.

LSU's current baseball stadium, Alex Box Stadium, is in the top 10 or 15 largest on campus college baseball stadium's in the NCAA. I'm pretty sure that the new stadium will be the second largest on campus college baseball stadium in the NCAA.

I think the LSU vs Arkansas rivalry in football is great. "The battle for the golden boot" has become one of the biggest games of the year because of the rivalry for LSU, and I'm sure it's the same way in Arkansas. :D

LSU's current baseball stadium, Alex Box Stadium, is in the top 10 or 15 largest on campus college baseball stadium's in the NCAA. I'm pretty sure that the new stadium will be the second largest on campus college baseball stadium in the NCAA.

I think the LSU vs Arkansas rivalry in football is great. "The battle for the golden boot" has become one of the biggest games of the year because of the rivalry for LSU, and I'm sure it's the same way in Arkansas. :D

I know the LSU game in football has become a big thing for us but I guess for some reason it swasn't as big of a deal to LSU. I thought LSU already had some long standing rivalries. It's hard sometimes to start new rivalries, espcially if your team hasn't had a lot of success like Arkansas' football team in the SEC.

I know the LSU game in football has become a big thing for us but I guess for some reason it swasn't as big of a deal to LSU. I thought LSU already had some long standing rivalries. It's hard sometimes to start new rivalries, espcially if your team hasn't had a lot of success like Arkansas' football team in the SEC.

The LSU-Arkansas game has become very big for LSU, and has become very popular for the fans. The LSU-Arkansas game in '03 drew over 92,200 fans to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, which now is the third or fourth highest attendance in the stadiums history, and was the second largest before the expantion of Tiger Stadium was completed this season.

LSU has a very interesting QB situation brewing between 3 quality players ! Matt Flynn is no longer under the radar screen. A field general with good running ability...showed great poise in the Peach Bowl's 40-3 rout of the # 2 ranked D Miami Hurricanes ! Jamarcus Russell is rehabbing his dislocated shoulder,and has a maybe more serious problem with his throwing wrist. HS A-A Ryan Perrilloux who originally committed to the Texas Longhorns,hopefully is not second guessing that decision with the early departure of Vince Young. He would have probably been the starting QB this coming season;now what does he do behind 2 QB'? He's got Vick/Young running ability;and great arm..could have played basketball or baseball for LSU too !

Arkansas has to be elated that QB-Mitch Mustain(Springdale H.S) ,one of the top QB's in the country in H.S this year has given his pledge back to the Razorbacks !

LSU has a very interesting QB situation brewing between 3 quality players ! Matt Flynn is no longer under the radar screen. A field general with good running ability...showed great poise in the Peach Bowl's 40-3 rout of the # 2 ranked D Miami Hurricanes ! Jamarcus Russell is rehabbing his dislocated shoulder,and has a maybe more serious problem with his throwing wrist. HS A-A Ryan Perrilloux who originally committed to the Texas Longhorns,hopefully is not second guessing that decision with the early departure of Vince Young. He would have probably been the starting QB this coming season;now what does he do behind 2 QB'? He's got Vick/Young running ability;and great arm..could have played basketball or baseball for LSU too !

I can't wait to see what Ryan Perrilloux can do. From what college scouts watching him at LSU practices have said, he could become one of the top running and passing QB's in the country. :thumbsup: