Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

I wish the Hornets could have won this many games last season while in New Orleans.

LSU played a alright game vs.Florida ; but they seemed to wear-down,once again ,late in the game. The three guys off the bench for LSU gave good contributions ! But Darrel Mitchell has played the FULL-40 minutes 7 of the past 8 games; I realize he has a non-stop motor, but geez ,you figure he's got to wear down some ?

LSU should dust themselves off , and play a SOLID game vs. Miss.St Wed.nite on JPSports.

^One major problem for LSU was Tyrus Thomas getting into fould trouble early. We could have really used his rebouding, shot blocking, and shooting skills late in the game. And the fact that Florida has a deep bench helped them out tremendously.

How incredible are the Hornets? Thanks for letting us borrow them! ;) There have been three or four exciting buzzer-beater wins, it's so fun to watch the crowd react to them. I still haven't made it to a game. :(

They're ahead by 20 right now against Portland. Amazing win streak, and they've been doing a lot of it without CP3.

^Yea, It really is great to see the Hornets playing so well this year, especially considering the year they had last year. I have purchased my tickets for the three Hornets games coming up here in New Orleans, and I can't wait to see them play! :D

Here is some interesting info. The top ten leaders in attendance for regular season college baseball games in 2004. :D

2004 National Attendance Leaders

(regular season games only)

Team Attendance

1. LSU 284,328

2. Mississippi State 211,277

3. Arkansas 186,588

4. Texas A&M 182,866

5. Texas 163,242

6. South Carolina 159,142

7. Alabama 146,110

8. Mississippi 122,382

9. Clemson 116,781

10.Rice 116,269

Here is some interesting info. The top ten leaders in attendance for regular season college baseball games in 2004. :D

2004 National Attendance Leaders

(regular season games only)

Team Attendance

1. LSU 284,328

2. Mississippi State 211,277

3. Arkansas 186,588

4. Texas A&M 182,866

5. Texas 163,242

6. South Carolina 159,142

7. Alabama 146,110

8. Mississippi 122,382

9. Clemson 116,781

10.Rice 116,269

South Carolina is either expanding or building a new bigger stadium, I forget which it is, but I'm hoping they'll move on up. I know Arkansas has now passed up Mississippi State to be number two in the conference. I'm hoping we can maybe try to give you guys a run for your money. :D

LSU Men's Basketball clinches SEC West tonite with a 77 -66 victory at Vanderbilt . The Tigers are now 11-2 in SEC play. Up next Kentucky in Baton Rouge at 2:45 on CBS !

Great job LSU! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the Kentucky game this Saturday, I'm sure it will be a good one.

Yes NCB , you were right , it was a good one !

LSU showed serious "heart" , trailing by 5 at the half; going on a 10-0 run early in the 2nd...and finally winning 71-67 over Kentucky! Playing w/o Thomas,who was injured with high ankle sprain right before the half-time ;sitting almost entire second-half ; Davis found a way,28 pts./16 rebs.Despite early foul trouble and getting many of his shots blocked.Weighing 310 it is hard to get elevation on those taller players.Darrel Mitchell is playing on a tweaked ankle...Tasmin got his eye poked early...I was concerned Kentucky's depth would play a factor too ! 20 WINS for the season now !!! There is plenty of Basketball left to play. Sit Tyrus Thomas for the SC game Tuesday nite;there is no need to prolong his injury! He needs to be 100 % healed for "March Madness".

LSU wills itself to another tough road victory vs. So.Carolina 64-61 ! They are now 13-2 in the SEC , 21-7 overall ! Glen "Big-Baby" Davis had 24 pts./ 10 rebs. Freshman Tasmin Mitchell (playing in agony w/ back spasms) was the difference , coming up big with 20 pts ! They really needed him , bec. LSU played without Rookie of the Year Canidate Tyrus Thomas, who has a high-ankle sprain(Sat.vs.Ky).His return is not known , they really need him for the NCAA Tournament in two weeks . Those injuries are hard to heal ; will he be close to 100% for March Madness ??? LSU does not need to bring him back too quickly. The only Senior ,Darrel Mitchell is basically playing on one-leg and alot of heart , with an ankle he badly twisted a few games back . They need some good rest . The last regular season game is this Sat. at home vs. Ole Miss @ 3:00 on JPSports.

Edited by richyb83

^Yep, with some help from Kentucky after they beat Tennessee last night, and LSU beating South Carolina, LSU clinched the SEC in mens basketball.

I'd also like to add that the LSU Lady Tigers clinched the SEC in womens basketball as well, and this is the first time in the history of the SEC that one school has won the outright regular season title's in men's and women's basketball in the same season. Congrats to the entire LSU basketball program! :yahoo:

^Yep, with some help from Kentucky after they beat Tennessee last night, and LSU beating South Carolina, LSU clinched the SEC in mens basketball.

I'd also like to add that the LSU Lady Tigers clinched the SEC in womens basketball as well, and this is the first time in the history of the SEC that one school has won the outright regular season title's in men's and women's basketball in the same season. Congrats to the entire LSU basketball program! :yahoo:

Wow, I didn't realize that.

^I didn't realize it until last night. Though I'm glad I found out about that little fact.

It's certainly been a great year for the LSU athletics program. Also recently, LSU moved up into the top 5 winningest college sports programs in the country since 2000, and the winning percentage of the entire sports program just continues to climb. :thumbsup:

The HORNETS return back to New Orleans tonite to play the L.A. Lakers !

I hear there is supposed to be a sell-out crowd !!!

Yep! :D

The entire building is sold out, there aren't even any standing room tickets left! :thumbsup:

There are nearly 17,500 tickets already sold for the Hornets vs Nuggets game next week, which is expected to be a complete sell-out as well.

After a fantastic game tonight in front a sell-out crowd of over 17,500 in the New Orleans Arena, the Hornets fell 107-113 to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Hornets lead through parts othe 3rd and 4th quarters, but Kobe Bryant was just to much to handle towards the end of the game. Though as everyone has said, this was much more than a basketball game. :thumbsup: