Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

• 2 months later...

BIG WIN for the Saints tonight in chilly Philly...26-24!! :tough:  Hard to believe this was the Saints 1st Road Win in the Playoffs in franchise history! UP Next....The Battle in Seattle vs the Seahawks!

LSU got a big time commitment Thursday from one of the Nations Top HS Football Players...RB Leonard Fournette (St.Augustine/New Orleans) who chose LSU over Alabama

• 6 months later...

Just about 38 Days til LSU kicks off the season vs. Wisconsin in Houston

A Strong Freshman Class set to arrive on campus led by....

L to R....WR Trey QUINN(Barbe HS)...ALL -TIME National H.S. Yards Receiving Record (6,566)...WR Malachi DUPRE(John Curtis HS) #1 Ranked H.S. WR in the Nation...& RB-Leonard FOURNETTE (St.Augustine HS) #1 Ranked RB in the Nation

10489646_866333553394005_308143678234387

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Proud of the New Orleans Pelicans for beating the defending Champ San Antonio Spurs to reach the playoffs as the #8 seed over the OKC Thunder....

Their reward?? The #1 Seed the Golden State Warriors in Oracle Arena; where they had an incredible 39-2 W/L record during the regular season!  Pelicans down 1-0 so far in the series losing Saturday 106-99; after a slow start; played a nice 4th quarter  &...playing the Warriors tough tonight in Game 2 at the half...but down 55-52.

• 1 month later...

College Baseball fan or not...tonight is the Biggest Baseball Game the state of Louisiana has seen since 2001

#1 ranked/2-national seed (51-10) LSU vs. UL-Lafayette (42-21) tonight at 7:00 in the Baton Rouge "Super Regional"

Not only is the state of Louisiana talent rich in football...but baseball as well! :tough: LSU looking for it's 7th CWS Championship! & the Rajun Cajuns just missed Omaha by one game last season!

http://www.lsusports.net/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4133492&db_oem_id=5200

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I wanted to say that while I sympathize with the people of Florida now....their flagship university's administration embarrassed them in a huge way this week.     That's a one-two punch to the citizens of the sunshine state that they did not deserve.

They are acting like petulant children and are transparently trying to use the storm to avoid playing LSU because of injuries on their roster.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for just seeing this...my Home page goes straight to BR forum...I need to  focus...lol

EXACTLY!!!! Totally agree Cajun! LSU offered to fly to Gainesville & play Sunday or Monday Florida refused.....truth be told Florida never had a PLAN B..so frustrating... now some national media potray LSU as the villian for not giving up Nov 19th home game?? Total crap!   Flood ravaged area could use the $ revenue...WHY should LSU pay for Florida's ineptitude? 

Now LSU plays 3 SEC Games in just 12 days (A&M Thanksgiving)...A November gauntlet...no to mentioned LSU is hosed again ONLY playing 11 regular season games a 2nd year in a row....<_< 

SEC Commissioner Sankey dropped the ball while Foley stalled....everybody knew the Monday/Tueday before Florida could be in the path of a major hurricane....Silve & others  would NEVER let this happen...EX (05'Katrina) LSU forced to play Road game AT Arizona State & on Monday Night in Tiger Stadium vs Tennessee (05' Rita)

While we are on Topic....SEC Headquarters needs to be moved out of Birmingham AL  to  Destin FL...a nicer neutral site

Politics aside ...James Carville had  a nice piece in today in Advocate

Letters: LSU not the villain in saga of Tigers' game with Florida

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_66cf8996-9559-11e6-bfcd-0f81aabebab7.html?sr_source=lift_amplify

• 2 years later...

Congrats to LSU's best coach on campus, Will Wade and the Tigers basketball team. Looks like we will have our first SEC title of the decade providing that we can beat a 0-18 (league play) Venderbilt team. From Waters, to Javonte to Emmitt and Naz, this team is the best team I've ever known to play at LSU. Hopefully we can keep Wade for 2 or 3 more decades at this rate. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just seeing this now for some reason!

INTERESTING TIMING on the Yahoo Release...Wait til March when LSU enters Top 10 &  is about to Win SEC Championship...then BOOM ...Release the story! No accident....now it's LSU vs. the World!

YES Antrell...been a while since i've had this much fun watching LSU!   How about Waters  lay up w 1.6 seconds to get to the SWEET 16!!!  If he doesn't make it to the NBA ; he could always play for the Harlem Globetrotters!  1 - 8 as strong as any!  Waters;  Naz ; KBW  ; Taylor; Mays; NO DROP OFF w Bench ...Smart ; E Williams & Days!

On 3/16/2019 at 10:17 PM, nativetenn said:

What do you think will become of Will Wade?

Seems to be a rift between the fans and the LSU athletic department over Wade's coaching status.

Yeah there's a BIG Rift...the way Duke's LaCrosse situation/ Guilty til proven Innocent has people wondering the handling of this. Then the Les Miles debacle at the end of 15. Caving to Media pressure....wait til April 22nd(subpoena) . "No Comment" would be suffice instead of throwing Coach under the bus.

Hope Wade stays at LSU  ...he's the young basketball version of Nick Saban.

NCAA hypocrites pick n chose ....UNC can  Set up Fake Classes?? NOTHING ...Missouri has a Tutor mess up; they get the hammer dropped!  Then Dickie V plastering LSU but giving his buddies from Louisville; Duke ; KAnsas; Kentucky a Free Pass is not cool at all~!

Edited by richyb83

I can't stand Dick Vitale. He's a blue blood homer. He's the absolute worst when he commentates the Tennessee-Kentucky games. 

Unfortunately, I think Wade is done for good at LSU. He refuses to tell Alleva the truth. He can't try to cover up a federal investigation and not disclose it with his employer without being reprimanded.

That aside, I hope Tennessee, LSU and Auburn advance to the Elite 8 this week. The SEC shall be respected, dangit! The ACC bias is unbearable. 

Go Vols!

16 hours ago, nativetenn said:

I can't stand Dick Vitale. He's a blue blood homer. He's the absolute worst when he commentates the Tennessee-Kentucky games. 

Unfortunately, I think Wade is done for good at LSU. He refuses to tell Alleva the truth. He can't try to cover up a federal investigation and not disclose it with his employer without being reprimanded.

That aside, I hope Tennessee, LSU and Auburn advance to the Elite 8 this week. The SEC shall be respected, dangit! The ACC bias is unbearable. 

Go Vols!

His original meeting was scheduled for 10:30 w Alleva & F King...then Wade got the call Meeting Delayed til 4:30 w NCAA ; then Wade's lawyers advised him not to attend. Sounded like an ambush.   Some BOS's never wanted Wade  hired in first place; rumor(true/not true?) has it they wanted black head coach instead.  Know Wade's chances of returning are slim. But cant give up hope yet.

Lost a lot of respect Dickie V...hypocritical statements over the years .

YES INDEED!!  Not very Often 4 SEC Teams reach Sweet 16!   Thanks for the feedback...Good luck to your team :thumbsup:  Looks like Tennessee did their Best LSU impersonation...Vols up 25 ; went into OT w Iowa.  LSU almost blew 16 pt lead vs . Yale & 15pt. lead over Maryland!  They seem to like Close games only ; can drive us crazy! But it's been a fun ride! They cant take away the memories!

Edited by richyb83

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
So....ugh...whats yall's opinion of Les Miles now?   Fired from Kansas.   
I'd bet that F King Alexander (Former LSU president)  might get the Axe over at Oregon.    Couldn't happen to a worse human being IMO.
I hope it's not true. He was my favorite. But if it is true, looks like LSU will be in trouble for years to come from sanctions.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

On 3/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, Antrell Williams said:

I hope it's not true. He was my favorite. But if it is true, looks like LSU will be in trouble for years to come from sanctions.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

IDK if the sanctions will hit, but there will be some people getting the axe at LSU!