Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Where was LSU projected to finish in the SEC West in basketball this year?

I believe they were projected to be one of the top three teams in the SEC West.

LSU has a fantastic basketball team this year, and freshman power forward Tyrus Thomas has been called possibly the best player at that position in the last 30 years.

I believe they were projected to be one of the top three teams in the SEC West.

LSU has a fantastic basketball team this year, and freshman power forward Tyrus Thomas has been called possibly the best player at that position in the last 30 years.

I had a feeling they were supposed to be somewhere near the top of the SEC West but actually hadn't heard it mentioned officially.

Thanks for the LSU Basketball talk !

4-0 in the SEC now !!!! They are very young with 3 starting freshman,but they have a great chemistry.They have a local-flavor, 3 of starters are from BR;the other two are from Denham Springs and St.Martinville. Alot of them grew up playing AAU together.

Maybe they will get off Coach Brady's back ! Some people hate him so much,they refuse to go to the games ;Avg. Attendence 7,000 has been disapionting ! Not fair to the players !

Maybe they will get off Coach Brady's back ! Some people hate him so much,they refuse to go to the games ;Avg. Attendence 7,000 has been disapionting ! Not fair to the players !

Yea coach Brady takes alot of heat for basically anything that goes wrong, anyt time. I think he's still a pretty good coach. And I definately agree about the attendence numbers, they have really been dissapointing, but there was a great crowd at the PMAC today! :thumbsup:

New Orleans Hornets| 20-20 :thumbsup:

SOUTHWEST W L

San Antonio 31 10

Dallas 31 10

Memphis 24 15

New Orleans 20 20

Houston 13 26

If the season ended now, the Hornets would be in the playoffs. This season is definately a major improvement over last season, when the Hornets went 19-65. :D

It's a shame they were only 19-65 while in NO last season.

Now they are in OKC having a much better season .

I had been concerned with the near sell-out crowds there.But, I hear they do sell alot of cheap $10 tickets to get the support. OKC wants to prove they can support the NBA;(Like San Antonio wanted to show they are capable of having an NFL team) . I was pleased that David Stern sounds like they really want to bring the Hornets back to NO.

NCB, what's your take on this ?

Edited by richyb83

***** 5 STAR- RB Commits to L.S.U. today over U.S.C. !

Keiland Williams went to Prep.school Hargrave Military Academy this past season;Played his SR. season in 04' at Northside HS in Lafayette.

He's 6'-0 215-220 lbs. and runs 4.35/4.4 in the 40 yard dash.

He welcomes the competition in College(Plenty of talent at RB at LSU).He is a class act;good guy;very positive.

Leading rusher in 04' for L.S.U,Alley Broussard returns hopefully 100%, after missing this past season with a knee injury.But on a mended knee,Williams could take some of the workload off of him !

NCB, what's your take on this ?

I really think the Hornets will be back in New Orleans, for at least a short time. Just like it would be for the NFL, it would look really bad if the NBA took the Hornets away from New Orleans because of Katrina, and so the Hornets will proabably be back in New Orleans for awhile. I really think one New Orleans teem will stay for a reasonably long time, whether it's the Saints or the Hornets remains to be seen.

***** 5 STAR- RB Commits to L.S.U. today over U.S.C. !

Keiland Williams went to Prep.school Hargrave Military Academy this past season;Played his SR. season in 04' at Northside HS in Lafayette.

He's 6'-0 215-220 lbs. and runs 4.35/4.4 in the 40 yard dash.

He welcomes the competition in College(Plenty of talent at RB at LSU).He is a class act;good guy;very positive.

Leading rusher in 04' for L.S.U,Alley Broussard returns hopefully 100%, after missing this past season with a knee injury.But on a mended knee,Williams could take some of the workload off of him !

That's great! I hadn't heard about this, but that is fantastic news. The #1 defensive player in the nation(forgot the position) recently verbaly commited to LSU over USC and Texas as well. :D

The new Alex Box Stadium

I managed to find a rendering of LSU's new baseball stadium, which will be completed in 2008.

http://www.trahanarchitects.com

^Click on "Architecture" at the bottom of the page, and then click on "08" at the top of the next page, the Alex Box Stadium project will pop up. :D

BTW, if you click on "07" you will be able to see a picture of the finished new west-side upper deck of Tiger Stadium.

The new Alex Box Stadium

I managed to find a rendering of LSU's new baseball stadium, which will be completed in 2008.

http://www.trahanarchitects.com

^Click on "Architecture" at the bottom of the page, and then click on "08" at the top of the next page, the Alex Box Stadium project will pop up. :D

BTW, if you click on "07" you will be able to see a picture of the finished new west-side upper deck of Tiger Stadium.

Interesting design.

Yea it is interesting, though I really like it.

Sorry, I did mean interesting as in I like it. :D Not interesting as in different not quite my style. It looks like it will be another great facility for the SEC. I've also heard that South Carolina is supposed to be getting a nice baseball stadium also.

Sorry, I did mean interesting as in I like it. :D Not interesting as in different not quite my style. It looks like it will be another great facility for the SEC. I've also heard that South Carolina is supposed to be getting a nice baseball stadium also.

Yep, I believe the full cappacity of the new stadium for South Carolina will be around 8,500. LSU's full cappacity(including the massive burm) will be around 11,500-12,000. :thumbsup:

It's also great to see the LSU athletic foundation doing so well with its facilities. A brand new baseball stadium under construction, a 3,000 seat addition and new west deck for Tiger Stadium with a possible 20,000 seat addition and new north/south deck addition planned for the stadium as well, and a complete overhaul of the Pete Maravich Assemby Center which was completed this year. :D

You'd think so with the way they've been playing. I don't know for certain but I think I heard some of those preconference losses were to some good teams.

Yea, LSU lost by one point to #1 ranked UConn, and lost by 2 points to Ohio State, which is ranked high as well. Though the Tigers also lost to North Iowa and Houston at home. :blink: But this is a completely different team, they know how to finish games, and I honestly think LSU can go pretty deep into the NCAA tournament if they continue to play this well.

Yea, LSU lost by one point to #1 ranked UConn, and lost by 2 points to Ohio State, which is ranked high as well. Though the Tigers also lost to North Iowa and Houston at home. :blink: But this is a completely different team, they know how to finish games, and I honestly think LSU can go pretty deep into the NCAA tournament if they continue to play this well.

Well I wish they'd teach the Razorbacks how to close games out. :rolleyes: