3. Michigan

4. Florida

5. LSU

6. Louisville

7. Wisconsin

8. Boise State

9. Arkansas

10. Notre Dame

LSU jumps up 5 spots in the BCS rankings this week after that big win over Arkansas. That is fantastic news, and it looks like we have a good shot at making a BCS bowl as an at-large bid no matter what happens in the SEC Championship. The Rose Bowl looks most likely right now. Keep your fingers crossed! :D

I know this is a bit late but I haven't had a chance to comment yet. Yes it was a wild Arkansas-LSU game. I kept telling everyone LSU was the one team I was the most worried about. Unfortunately I was right. Congrats to you guys though. I'm just hoping we can actually keep the rivalry going a bit by actually winning some of the games. You guys have had a lock on the 'boot' for a while now. As far as LSU getting a BCS bid if I heard correctly the SEC can only get two. It would seem to me if Arkansas lost in the SEC Championship then LSU would very likely get the other one. I'm not sure if they would get one if Florida lost. I think Arkansas would have to beat them pretty badly to really drop them down enough.

I'm not sure if they would get one if Florida lost. I think Arkansas would have to beat them pretty badly to really drop them down enough.

Well, Florida at that point would maybe go to the Orange Bowl. But the loser of the SECCG in recent years has never gotten a BCS bid, no matter what the score was.

You can also look at it this way: If a #8 ranked Arkansas team beats a #4 ranked Florida team, then Florida will have the same record as LSU, but will most likely fall in the BCS behind LSU, which is ranked #5.

I don't know Florida seems to be well respected in the polls despite the fact they haven't been winning big over any of the teams they've been playing. I'm not saying it will happen but if Florida lost a close game to Arkansas I could see some people leaving them ranked high enough to cause LSU problems in trying to get a BCS bowl. But hey I certainly have no problems with Arkansas and LSU getting the two BCS bids for the SEC. :D

Well, LSU wants the Gators to beat Arkansas. If that happens, we're practically a lock for a BCS bowl, either the Orange or the Rose. If Arkansas wins, we still have a good shot at the Rose, but not as strong as the first scenario. Either way, it's very good that LSU is ranked so high at #5 in the BCS right now, because they have a much better shot than most expected they would. That win over Arkansas was huge for the Tigers.

Now, do I think Florida will win? Honestly, no. But it all comes down to how they can control McFadden and Jones. If they can keep them somewhat in check, they will win the game. Florida's offense is good enough to move the ball on Arkansas, and if the running game isn't doing well, Arkansas' offense is almost non-existent. It looks like Casey Dick will be starting for the Hogs again, which I just don't get. :dontknow:

Well, LSU wants the Gators to beat Arkansas. If that happens, we're practically a lock for a BCS bowl, either the Orange or the Rose. If Arkansas wins, we still have a good shot at the Rose, but not as strong as the first scenario. Either way, it's very good that LSU is ranked so high at #5 in the BCS right now, because they have a much better shot than most expected they would. That win over Arkansas was huge for the Tigers.

Now, do I think Florida will win? Honestly, no. But it all comes down to how they can control McFadden and Jones. If they can keep them somewhat in check, they will win the game. Florida's offense is good enough to move the ball on Arkansas, and if the running game isn't doing well, Arkansas' offense is almost non-existent. It looks like Casey Dick will be starting for the Hogs again, which I just don't get. :dontknow:

Ugh, yeah don't get me started on the QB. :rolleyes: Anyway yeah I think for LSU a Florida win would work out better. But I like Arkansas' chances against Florida better than against LSU. I think their defense will have a harder time stopping the running attack. Overall I think that's the main way to shut down Arkansas. Although it was a bit ironic that we still ended up with a decent running game against LSU and still lost.

I think that LSU will get a BCS bowl game no matter what the outcome of the SEC Champiionship is. If #4 Florida loses, then there's no way that they will be able to stay ahead of LSU who is right behind them at #5. I know that the BCS is a flawed system, but I'm just basing my opinion on logic.

Looks like the SUGAR BOWL could be LSU vs. Notre Dame.

UCLA just beat Usc 13-9!!!!!!!

Florida just might vault Michigan with an impressive showing vs. Arkansas. They lead 17-7 at the Half!

Ohio State- Florida for the National Championship

Michigan/USC - Rose Bowl

LSU Beating USC might not be a sweet since they just lost to UCLA. I wanted LSU to play USC if USC Won; that would have been impossible since the Trojans would have been in the Championship game.

Edited by richyb83

This is what will probably happen with LSU in the BCS:

Florida #2

LSU: Sugar Bowl

Michigan #2

LSU: Rose Bowl

I'm very hesitant to say that either will happen, considering just how screwed up the BCS is. But it looks like if you want LSU to play either Notre Dame or Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, you want Florida to jump Michigan into the #2 spot. If you want to see LSU play USC in Los Angeles, then you want Michigan to move up in the polls to become the new #2.

Would LSU be playing USC in the Rose Bowl, because I heard that's where they'll be going now that they lost their chance at playing for the Natl Championship.

Rose Bowl- USC

Sugar Bowl- Notre Dame

Capital One Bowl- Wisconsin

Those are the matchups that LSU would face in the three bowls that they are most likely to be in. Though after Arkansas' loss tonight, the Capital One Bowl looks less likely than a BCS Bowl. But then again, this is the BCS we're talking about.

BTW, Rod, congrats to you and everyone in Arkansas on an awesome season. It was great to see the Hogs do well this year, as I've been an Arkansas fan since as long as I can remember, due to all of my family ties to that state. I think Houston Nutt needs to go, but that's just my opinion. I'm still just thinking back to some of the calls in that LSU game, I was extremely suprised that Casey Dick stayed in the entire game, and I still don't get it. :dontknow:

One other possibilty is the Orange Bowl, one I would like to forget...... LSU vs. #16 Wake Forest (1st ACC Title since 1970). It's not often you will hear me say "No" to the Orange Bowl; in a typical season I would be happy LSU get that invite. Just not this season with a weaker ACC.

I think Florida deserves to play Ohio State in the Championship Game.

If that happens? Then LSU looks Sugar Bowl bound vs. Notre Dame IMO. The Rose will probably opt for the traditional Big10/PAC 10 match-up Michigan-USC. True USC had a tough non-conference schedule but their 2 losses were to un-ranked teams. How much more do they deserve to go to the Rose than LSU??

Guess we will see on FOX Sunday Night at 7:00

Yes indeed, I am proud of Arkansas great season. I feel sorry for the team that faces them in a Bowl game.

Edited by richyb83

That's great news then !! Thanks Nate. WBRZ had said that scenario on the late news; thats when I posted that. They need to know better.

So Nate....who do you think should face Ohio State for the National Title??

Either way ...it could be 2 teams LSU "Loves to Hate" USC or Notre Dame. You gotta love it!!!! :yahoo:

Edited by richyb83

Thanks guys, I admit at the beginning of the season I'd be happy to be at the place we are now. But after that big winning streak it's a bit disappointing to end the season with two straight loses and no BCS bowl. I don't think LSU will have to worry about not playing in anything but a BCS. I'm positive the SEC will get two teams in the BCS bowls.

I hate to get this a bit off topic here but what do you guys think about the chances of Florida playing in the National Championship? Granted I think it will be hard for Florida to jump over Michigan especially since they didn't blow us out in the SEC Championship. But with so many people saying the SEC is the toughest conference how can voters keep leaving SEC winners out of the National Championship? It stings a bit since we just lost to them but I think Florida should play for the National Championship. The SEC is a tougher conference than the Big 10, Michigan already had it's chance and lost. That and I just don't think a team that can't win it's conference should get a chance at the title. Oh and Florida did have the toughest schedule in the nation.

I think Florida actually has a very good chance of playing in the title game. With so many experts saying the same, people saying the same, coaches saying the same, and the entire Southeastern Confrence saying the same, I think if the pressure continues to build on the BCS, they might just finally give. Either way, it's nice to know that LSU will most likely be in a BCS bowl game. Whether it's the Rose Bowl or the Sugar Bowl, well, we'll have to wait until 7pm tonight.

BTW, Rod, do you have any idea of where Arkansas will be playing its bowl game? LSU went to the Peach Bowl last year after losing in the SECCG, but the Cotton Bowl and the Outback Bowl also seem to be options.

I think Florida actually has a very good chance of playing in the title game. With so many experts saying the same, people saying the same, coaches saying the same, and the entire Southeastern Confrence saying the same, I think if the pressure continues to build on the BCS, they might just finally give. Either way, it's nice to know that LSU will most likely be in a BCS bowl game. Whether it's the Rose Bowl or the Sugar Bowl, well, we'll have to wait until 7pm tonight.

BTW, Rod, do you have any idea of where Arkansas will be playing its bowl game? LSU went to the Peach Bowl last year after losing in the SECCG, but the Cotton Bowl and the Outback Bowl also seem to be options.

If I had to guess probably Cotton. They'll take us just about anytime we're available. There's a lot of former Arkansans in Dallas and they turn out in big numbers along with people traveling from Arkansas down there.

I wanted to bring something else up. When Arkansas first joined the SEC for a while they were switching the SEC title game between Atlanta and New Orleans. But they've been having it in Atlanta for quite a while now. I really wish they'd have it in New Orleans if only every once in a while. Just seems to me that the SEC East has an advantage of always being closer to the title game. Have it in SEC West territory every once in a while. Or better yet go back to switching it between the two every year.

Hey Brian and Rod, it looks like you will both be fortunate enough to see my New Orleans Saints play this afternoon! :D

13-FOX-E.gif

Yeah that will make one of my friends happy. He's always complaining that the Saints aren't ever on up here on tv. But it's more Cowboys/Chiefs up around here. But yeah I've got the game on.

When Arkansas first joined the SEC for a while they were switching the SEC title game between Atlanta and New Orleans. But they've been having it in Atlanta for quite a while now. I really wish they'd have it in New Orleans if only every once in a while. Just seems to me that the SEC East has an advantage of always being closer to the title game. Have it in SEC West territory every once in a while. Or better yet go back to switching it between the two every year.

Just about every SEC West coach has brought this up often over the past few years. It would be a simple thing to do, give the SEC West team a bit of a home advantage by having the game in New Orleans, and the next year, give the SEC East team a bit of a home advantage by playing the game in Atlanta. :dontknow:

Who knows, maybe now that the topic as been brought up often in the SEC, we may start to see the SECCG rotate between Atlanta and New Orleans again.

The Saints are leading the 49'ers 14-3 at halftime in New Orleans. A very big half from Reggie Bush, who scored both of the Saints' touchdowns, has been keeping the drives moving. Drew Brees has only thrown for about 100 yards, but if Deuce and Reggie keep moving the ball like this, he doesn't need to do much more than that. Joe Horn and Marques Colston are also out for the Saints, so seeing the offense continue to dominate like this is very impressive.

Keep it up, and GEAUX SAINTS! :D