Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Well, today's Saints game showed you just how deep and talented this team is. The leading rusher in the NFL was held to 40 yards and 0 touchdowns. Alex Smith was intercepted 3 times, and the 49ers were held to 202 yards of offense. On the Saints offense, our two best recievers were gone, and many other recievers were dropping perfectly catchable balls. How do we respond? Reggie Bush puts up 168 yards of total offense and 4 touchdowns, and Deuce McAllister puts up 136 rushing yards. Hell, Reggie Bush alone outscored the entire 49ers team.

I'll say this Brian, if the Saints offense plays next week like they did today, with Horn and Colston back, you guys won't win. That simple.

I'll say this Brian, if the Saints offense plays next week like they did today, with Horn and Colston back, you guys won't win. That simple.

I'll admit it'll be a great game.

But it'll also be a challenge for both teams

To say the Cowboys won't win would be unfaithful of me. To say they will win, though... well, that would be the truth. :D We'll also have the home-field advantage, not that that always matters.

I'll be a good game and I'm going to have money riding on it.

BCS National Championship

Ohio State vs Florida

Rose Bowl

USC vs Michigan

Sugar Bowl

LSU vs Notre Dame

Orange Bowl

Louisville vs Wake Forest

Fiesta Bowl

Boise State vs Oklahoma

Those are the official BCS bowl selections, just released a few minutes ago.

The SEC has 9 teams(75%) going to bowl games this season; more than any other conference!! :tough:

Usually for bowl games New Orleans hotels get better support from the out-of-state teams. Many LSU fans do not stay in area hotels due to the close proximity. Hopefully more fans will decide to stay awhile and pump in some$ and give the city an economic boost.

Edited by richyb83

Richy, I've always thought the SEC was the premier conference in college football. This year's bowl games help to prove this. I'm glad the Indy Bowl draws SEC teams as well, even if they're not the top teams.

I saw on the ESPN Bowl Selection Special, they were showing Alabama and someone else for the Indy Bowl. Who was the opponent they mentioned??

Alabama plays Oklahoma State in the Indy Bowl! The Indy Bowl is always good exposure for SBC and nice economic boost for the entire region. Both these teams should travel well. Shreveport is a perfect location for a neutral site with the game. Hopefully ESPN will get some nice shots of the skyline and the riverfront before,during, after the game.

Alabama plays Oklahoma State in the Indy Bowl! The Indy Bowl is always good exposure for SBC and nice economic boost for the entire region. Both these teams should travel well. Shreveport is a perfect location for a neutral site with the game. Hopefully ESPN will get some nice shots of the skyline and the riverfront before,during, after the game.

I hope so also, because back in August when we had the Saints - Cowboys game, they did not show the area at all. It made me so mad. During the fourth quarter they showed 1 brief shot from the Boardwalk. I could not believe it! :angry:

Congrats to LSU. :D I was curious are fans happy to be able to see the team play so close or are they disappointed? I read some national article acting like LSU fans would be disappointed because they had their hopes set on the Rose Bowl? I don't know I think I'd be happy to see them play so close and give them an huge advantage in the stands.

Thanks Rod.

Alot of people liked the idea of taking a rare trip to Pasedena. It's always been a Big10-Pac10 matchup until recently. So everyone assumed LSU would be playing Michigan; a great match-up. The Wolverines actually have a couple players from Louisiana. And there is alot of respect for the Michigan program.+ that's Les Miles old school.

Then there is the "bad-blood" with LSU/USC...disrespect from 2003 co-title conrtoversy. USC was talking "Three-peat" last season like they were the only champion. The BCS Crystal Football belonged to LSU. The BCS made the mistake by selecting Oklahoma in the Championship Game that year. Turns out three-peat became "One Pete". They should have not been to the NCG last year..the imfamous "Bush-push"(Leinart into the end-zone) vs. Notre Dame helped them win the game. And after losing to Texas last year, Leinart said the better team lost. He's a punk. LSU wanted to settle the USC deal then and there!

UCLA has a good D-line that put to much pressure on Booty boy. No doubt LSU's stout D-Line would do the same. Just let LSU's two LB'ers get healthy.

Congrats to Arkansas this year too! 9 SEC Teams going to Bowl games this year :tough:

Edited by richyb83

Yeah Notre Dame is one of the most overrated teams year in and year out.

If LSU plays their "A" game?? I predict LSU beats Notre Dame about 38-20. I think LSU knows better than take them lightly. It's weird that around here there might be a little disapointment going to the Sugar Bowl. Usually it's a Bigger Deal!! But local news stations got peoples hopes up going to the Rose. The ticket sales were unbelievable.

But that's how high the level of expectations are after Nick Saban turned the program into a powerhouse. This is actually the 1st time LSU has ever had back-to-back seasons winning 10 games. Les has done a good job; nobody is perfect, not even Nick.

Edited by richyb83

Reggie Bush showed me something yesterday that I have not seen, fight and toughness. For once in his short NFL career, he did not think too much, just reacted to what came to him. Reggie Bush is one hell of a reciever.

Eh, so I see you've been reading SaintsReport.com, huh, Trae? ;)

Great to see the LHSAA Championship's back in the Superdome!!!!!! :thumbsup:

**2A

5:00p.m. Friday

John Curtis (13-0) vs. St.Charles Catholic (12-2)

***3A

8:00p.m. Friday

Lutcher (11-2) vs. Independence (14-0)

*1A

1:00 p.m. Saturday

St.John (14-0) vs. Evangel (11-2)

****4A

4:00 p.m. Sat.

Bastrop (14-0) vs. Shaw (14-0)

*****5A

7:00 p.m. Sat.

Sulphur (11-3) vs. Acadiana (12-2)

John Curtis is ranked #2 and #3 in the U.S. in some publications. They beat then #1 ranked Hoover (Ala) 28-13 on national TV earlier in the season(Sept.)!! JC features the Top Player in the State(Rivals.com) All-Purpose Back Joe McKnight. He is being recruited by many; His top college choices are LSU and USC. He will be on an official visit to USC next weekend(Dec.15th) Heis a "Can't Miss" prospect that I hope stays to play for LSU! >>Reggie Bush has actually gone to a game(more?) to watch McKnight play.

LSU commitment WR-DeAngelo Benton is climbing the charts; plays for Bastrop.

LSU recieved it's 17th commitment; OT-Jarvis Jones 6'-7" 250 from Rosenberg(TX) Lamar Consolidated

Les Miles and LSU look to have another strong H.S. recruiting class for 2007

Edited by richyb83