Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Nice ornaments yall. ;)

I am a little concerned about the Saints. Run-stuffing DT-Hollis Thomas was suspended the rest of the regular season(4 games) for steriods. Long story short; it was an inhaler(steriod) for his asthma. He had already appealed? 3 more starters WR's Colston(high ankle sprain) and Horn(groin) are questionable for the game. And DE-Will Smith(sprained knee) doubtful. The Saints could use these players vs. the Cowboys. Hopefully the back-ups will step-it-up.

I don't believe Nate really owns that ornament. I think he's just trying to mess with my head.

Oh no, I seriously own that ornament. I think I got it during the 2000 or 2001 season, can't remeber exactly.

But you're right, Richy. The Saints have alot of injuries and holes right now, especially at wide reciever. We will need players to step up, and I think that we will see that. Many Saints players are former Cowboys, and they will have something to prove to their old team and fans, just as Coach Payton will. I know Sean Payton will have the team ready to play, just as Parcells with have the Cowboys ready to play. It will come down to who wants it more, that simple.

But like Brian said, it should be a great game. And as a true football fan, I can appreciate that, win or lose.

Oh no, I seriously own that ornament. I think I got it during the 2000 or 2001 season, can't remeber exactly.

Oh, I believe you! :)

But like Brian said, it should be a great game. And as a true football fan, I can appreciate that, win or lose.

Yes... going to be awesome. This game will keep my attention better than any others all season.

Some interesting information for you guys

Saints vs Cowboys (1998)

Winner: Saints

Saints vs Cowboys (1999)

Saints vs Cowboys (2003)

Saints vs Cowboys (2004)

In the last 9 seasons, the Saints and the Cowboys have played each other four times. The Saints have won, four times.

Some interesting information for you guys

Saints vs Cowboys (1998)

Saints vs Cowboys (1999)

Saints vs Cowboys (2003)

Saints vs Cowboys (2004)

In the last 9 seasons, the Saints and the Cowboys have played each other four times. The Saints have won, four times.

Now, now, let's not get too cocky. :D

There is a first time for everything.

Still not saying I'm 100% certain of this game, because I'm not. There are just too many uncertainties, and this is a very good matchup. It's going to be interesting to say the very least.

Well, just about every "expert" on the planet is giving the game to Dallas already. In fact, the Saints shouldn't even bother showing up. :rolleyes:

I think Dallas is a very good team, but they are also over-hyped. Tony Romo is good, but it's absolutely stupid to have people on ESPN saying he's going to the Hall of Fame after he's played only a few games. What if Romo throws 3 interceptions and no TD's next week, and his team loses? Is he still the "most amazing QB in the league" then? Or that Parcells was a genuis for taking Gramatica and cutting Vanderjagt. What if Gramatica misses some big field goals next week, and costs the Cowboys the game? Is the decision to pick him up still absolutely genius? :dontknow:

The Saints play better as the underdog, in fact, in every big game that they have won this year, they were the underdog. I'm hoping we can pull out a W at Dallas, but the injuries are killing us. It looks like Reggie Bush will be fine and Will Smith will play. Marques Colston practiced today, and participated in single drills yesterday, so he may play, but we won't know until gametime. Joe Horn is out, it's not official, but he won't play. Losing Hollis Thomas was a big loss, but hopefully our D-line can step up.

When a team is 8-4, leading their division by 2 games, and is still getting absolutely no respect from the national media, all it does is add fuel to the fire.

Well said Nate :thumbsup: This year alot of people(media) have jumped-off the Panther NFC Championship bandwagon and jumped on the Cowboys. The Saints are begining to get a little more respect; but we know the Cowboys have always been "America's So-Called Team".

Yeah genius status could only be temporary when Grammatica starts missing some FG's.

Weren't the Saints underdogs to the Ravens??

What's the latest on DE-Will Smith?? His impact on the field will be missed as much as any. I hope Colston does not hurry back too soon. I would him rather be fully over the high-ankle sprain %100 for the playoffs than to reaggrevate the injury to linger-on the rest of the way.

Henderson and Copper need to be more consistent; both have big-play potential. The suspension of DT- Hollis Thomas Sucks!!!

Edited by richyb83

Yep, it looks like the nation isn't buying into the "expert's" predictions that Dallas will win by 48,987,843,765,234,729,147,235.1 points. :lol:

:lol: I don't buy into that either.

I know it's going to be a very close game, and one I'm going to be glued to tomorrow night. Actually it's 12:01 am now, so I suppose that would be TONIGHT. :)

After Sunday night you are going to have to move that thing to the back of the tree!!! :D

Post of the week! :lol: Very well said, jcasey! It's nice to see a Saints fan representing the SBC area as well.

It's going prime-time to the front, bay-bee! And in the event of a big win, I will purchase a big Dallas star and top my tree with it.

And in the event of a big win, I will purchase Reggie Bush and top my tree with him. :D

I felt like Reggie was finally going to have a big game last week, and I was right, very right. I have that same feeling this week again, and I hope that my gut is correct yet again. :thumbsup:

Good luck on getting Reggie to stick the peak of your tree up his rear, Nate. :lol: I'd say that's going to be a bit harder than you think, especially if his team were to win.

Here's an article from today's Shreveport Times that goes a bit into the division of Northwest Louisiana between Cowboys and Saints fans...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../612100349/1002

It's just aggonizing having to wait this long for kickoff! :shok:

It's hard to wait until noon on Sundays to begin with, and when the Saints play at 3:30, that seems unbearable. But this, this just isn't funny! And we still have another 135 minutes to go! :angry:

Absolutely brilliant playcalling by Sean Payton on that drive. From the reverse on 4th and 1 to handing the ball to Karney on 3rd and goal for the touchdown. That, is a huge reason why the Saints are 8-4, Payton is an offensive genius.

Now, lets go defense! :thumbsup:

The MOST BLATANT FACE MASK...NOT CALLED?????? wt----Come on'.....

I know Richy, that one really got me ticked off. That was a clear 15-yard facemask, and no call was made. He practically took Reggie's helmet off, and with the "safety-first" mentality of the ref's these days, I don't know how they missed that. :dontknow: