Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

42 points the Saints scored all came in only two quarters, and Drew Brees managed to throw for 384 yards and 5 touchdowns, without even throwing a pass in the 4th quarter. I see some homers on Cowboys forums saying the Saints really didn't prove anything or beat them that badly, but where I come from, that's called a good old fashioned ass kicking.

Well then mention to the haters and doubters that the Saints could have easily had 49..but kneeled the ball with 3 minutes left inside the 10-yard line.

You are exactly right Nate, this is not the old Saints..as a matter of fact there are 27 new players on this years roster. A New Coach( Offensive genius); New QB (perfect fit in Payton's system) ..And NEW ATTITUDE :thumbsup:

The 77 yard TD run went right thru where Hollis Thomas was..the Cowboys were smart for immediatly attacking the back-up player.

Edited by richyb83

In the past the Saints seem to have been one of those teams that played up to competition but then would also play down to teams and would sometimes lose to some bad teams. Not sure if they're still prone to this with the new coach or not.

You are exactly right Rod. That has been the old Saints story most of the time. But Sean Payton brings an extreme focus to the team. Much like Nick Saban does.

Edited by richyb83

If you have NFL Network, you're being treated to a great Saturday night game between the Cowboys and the Falcons.

Brian, I'm sure you've got NFL Network, right? If not, you're probably at a bar or at a friend's house who does. I know that's where I'd be. :lol:

If you have NFL Network, you're being treated to a great Saturday night game between the Cowboys and the Falcons.

Brian, I'm sure you've got NFL Network, right? If not, you're probably at a bar or at a friend's house who does. I know that's where I'd be. :lol:

Nope, no NFL network and no game. I had a lot of Christmas shopping to get done today. But they won by 10 points, so it's all good.

Ahh, you both have to get Directv! I had cable from the day I was born until Katrina, and now that I've had Directv for the last 16 months, I'm never going back!

We had dinner with my wife's boss and his wife last night, and this exact same topic came up. He had Directv for a couple of years but said he had a few outages. Since being with Time Warner cable he's had none.

Personally, I have no experience with Directv, and my boss says he absolutely loves his. My next-door neighbor has their service and seems to love his as well.

I suppose it all depends on who you ask.

I've had one outage in 16 months, and it lasted for all of 15 minutes. And that outage was caused by a huge storm that knocked my neighbor's Charter Cable out for a full 4 days.

I absolutely love my Directv. Fantastic customer service, better prices, every sports channel, movie channel, HD channel, or news channel available, plus all local channels. It's satelite, so if an outage does occur, it eventually just sync's itself back up, no calling the cable company and having to wait days for service. And of course, the first thing I noticed when I got Directv, much better picture, and that was on an analog TV, not HDTV or anything like that.

And because Directv is a subsidary of Bellsouth, I get a huge discount for having Bellsouth TV, land line service, cell phone service(Cingular), and high-speed internet service.

And of course, you get NFL network! :D

And because Directv is a subsidary of Bellsouth, I get a huge discount for having Bellsouth TV, land line service, cell phone service(Cingular), and high-speed internet service.

This is one fact I had no idea about. I could probably have Directv and get a good rate on DSL to replace my existing cable internet connection. And I use Cingular. Bellsouth, naturally, is my land line dealer.

This is one fact I had no idea about. I could probably have Directv and get a good rate on DSL to replace my existing cable internet connection. And I use Cingular. Bellsouth, naturally, is my land line dealer.

You should definately remember that deal if you ever consider switching to Directv, as it's a great deal, to say the least. I had no idea about it either until I signed up, and as a result I was able to move up from the basic package to the largest and most expensive package available, and still saved money.

Alright guys, for the game today keep up with the New Orleans tradition; turn down you TV and tune your radio to 870am and listen to Jim and Hokie call the game! :thumbsup:

And considering 870 is one of the strongest radio stations in the country, you can hear it just about anywhere within 400-500 miles right now.

I've had one outage in 16 months, and it lasted for all of 15 minutes. And that outage was caused by a huge storm that knocked my neighbor's Charter Cable out for a full 4 days.

I absolutely love my Directv. Fantastic customer service, better prices, every sports channel, movie channel, HD channel, or news channel available, plus all local channels. It's satelite, so if an outage does occur, it eventually just sync's itself back up, no calling the cable company and having to wait days for service. And of course, the first thing I noticed when I got Directv, much better picture, and that was on an analog TV, not HDTV or anything like that.

And of course, you get NFL network! :D

I hate to get this off topic but I didn't realize they had BellSouth there. I thought Louisiana was Southwestern Bell (now AT&T).

I hate to get this off topic but I didn't realize they had BellSouth there. I thought Louisiana was Southwestern Bell (now AT&T).

Actually, I don't think Southwestern Bell is anywhere in Louisiana, nor has it ever been. It's in Texas and Arkansas, but not here. Bellsouth has a very large presense in Louisiana, especially in New Orleans, where they have their own 200 foot high-rise on Poydras Street.

IMG_6736border.jpg

This was an amazingly unimpressive first half from the Saints today. They are losing 13-7 at the half to the Redskins, and the entire team has done nothing apart from one scoring drive. The defense has been even worse, allowing just about anything.

The only positive is the fact that the Saints get the ball first in the second half, and a touchdown would still give them the lead. Hopefully Sean Payton will give them a piece of his mind, and they will come out ready to play. Because this is obviously a huge emotional letdown after the Cowboys game last weekend.

And the Saints lose...

What an absolutely embarrasing and horrible performance by this entire team today. The offense sucked, the defense sucked, the special teams sucked, the coaching sucked, everything...

Wow...

so, have the saints ruined their chance of going to the playoffs? this game has me highly pissed we beat dallas last week and now we lost to the sorry @** redskins.

so, have the saints ruined their chance of going to the playoffs? this game has me highly pissed we beat dallas last week and now we lost to the sorry @** redskins.

Oh no, not at all. Because the Falcons and Panthers lost, the Saints still won the NFC South today, and they're automatically in the playoffs because of that. That just wasn't the way I wanted to get in...

Oh well, hopefully that loss will be a good thing for the team, and they will get back together and finish the season strong, hopefully at 11-5. :thumbsup:

Hopefully they got this bad game out of there system. I would much rather them lose today than do something like that in their 1st playoff game in January. So emotionally "high" vs. the Cowboys to come out so "flat" today vs. Redskins. And Jason Campbell was the QB.....that embarrasing losing to them with him as QB. He never impressed me at Auburn.

Edited by richyb83