Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

I think the team will rebound nicely. We still had a chance to win it at the end of the game which is amazing considering how horribly the offense performed today. I can definitely see an 11-5 team going into the playoffs as the players were seriously pissed off about losing today.

Also...once the playoffs start, you can forget about the regular season. It's like a whole new season starting up at that point. I still think the Saints will play the Bears in the NFC championship game. I won't go beyond that for now.

I think the team will rebound nicely. We still had a chance to win it at the end of the game which is amazing considering how horribly the offense performed today. I can definitely see an 11-5 team going into the playoffs as the players were seriously pissed off about losing today.

Also...once the playoffs start, you can forget about the regular season. It's like a whole new season starting up at that point. I still think the Saints will play the Bears in the NFC championship game. I won't go beyond that for now.

No, not the bears :cry: if we beat them the saints will be going to the superbowl

No, not the bears if we beat them the saints will be going to the superbowl
Alot of would depend on the amount of pressure the Saints put on Grossman?? And the Saint O-Line rising to the challenge. The Bears have had a few key injuries on D...and back-up QB Tim Rattay exposed them for 3 TD passes in the 4th qtr. yesterday. Chicago would be the slight favorite with home-field advantage.

I'm hoping to see LSU just throttle Notre Dame.

If you see LSU bring their "A" game they should. I am predicting the Tigers to trounce Notre Dame 38-20. This is will probably be the last game for two Juniors..QB J Russ and 1st Team AA D-Linemen Glen Dorsey who will be going Pro. I feel sorry for Brady Quinn.

The Saints lead the Giants 13-7 at halftime in New Jersey. This is a big game for both teams, as the Saints need to win to keep their position as the #2 seed in the NFC, and the Giants need to win if they want to get into the playoffs. Reggie Bush is having another great game, with 81 rushing yards and 23 yards recieving at the half. :thumbsup:

The Saints get the ball first in the second half.

Make that 27 unanswered points. :D

After that 9 yard TD run by Deuce McAllister, the Saints lead the Giants 27-7 early in the 4th quarter.

Congrats to Deuce McAllister, who today got his 4th career 1,000 yard rushing season. And congrats to Reggie Bush as well, who today got his first 100 yard rushing game of the season. :thumbsup:

And that's it, Saints win in a blowout, 30-7. New Orleans is now 10-5, and will play their last game at home next week against Carolina. Great game, Saints! :yahoo:

Now, lets go Eagles! If they beat the Cowboys tommorow night, the Saints automatically lock up the #2 seed in the NFC. But really, all they need to do is win.

And that's it, Saints win in a blowout, 30-7. New Orleans is now 10-5, and will play their last game at home next week against Carolina. Great game, Saints! :yahoo:

Now, lets go Eagles! If they beat the Cowboys tommorow night, the Saints automatically lock up the #2 seed in the NFC. But really, all they need to do is win.

The Eagles will not win tomorrow.

But congrats to the Saints for today's win.

Congrats to the Saints! An incredibly entertaining 10 win season so far!!!!! Who would have thought that after only 3 wins last year?? Falling behind early, then crushing the Gaints!

Take away the 55 yd TD and Eli Manning only throws for 19 yards :huh: Bush looks better and better each week.

And yes Nate, congrats to Duece for getting another 1,000 yard season after serious knee surgery last season.

Hopefully the Saints can get the passing game clicking a little better next week vs. the Panthers; in time for the playoffs.

I predict the Cowboys to edge the Eagles 24-20.

Edited by richyb83

^That would definately be a very interesting matchup! Though the Superbowl is a long way off, and the Saints need to focus on winning next week at home against Carolina, and wrapping up that #2 seed, and the playoff bye week that comes with it.

Though, there's nothing wrong with the fans celebrating an NFC South Championship, playoff berth, and a 10 win season! :yahoo:

Brees would get to play against the team that let him go, that would make for a nice storyline.
Hey, I forgot about that part! Yes, that would be quite an interesting match up indeed.

Though the Superbowl is a long way off, and the Saints need to focus on winning next week at home against Carolina, and wrapping up that #2 seed, and the playoff bye week that comes with it.

Exactly. The Saints should concentrate on that part now, and then think about the playoffs.

Best of luck to you guys in the playoffs.

Though, there's nothing wrong with the fans celebrating an NFC South Championship, playoff berth, and a 10 win season! :yahoo:

No there isn't. I know my team would have wanted one. ;)

Dallas- 0

Philly- 10

5:00 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter

I'm trying to say this with as little bias as possible, but the playcalling at the end of that long Dallas drive, right at the goal line was absolutely pathetic.

• 1st down- run...gets nothing
  • 2nd down- run...gets nothing
  • 3rd down- run...loses yards
  • 4th down- run...loses even more yards, turn the ball over

Hey, we ran it 3 times for nothing, so on 4th down, why don't we run it again! :rolleyes: I don't know who calls the plays for the Cowboys, but that sucked. Especially after a nice 70 yard drive by Dallas.