Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Long drive capped off by a touchdown for Philadelphia:

Dallas- 7

Philly- 23

6:47 remaining in the 4th quarter.

I know the game's not over yet, but with the way the entire Cowboys team is playing, I'm calling this game over. The Cowboys' performance today, as well as the Philly attack on offense and defense, reminds me quite a bit of the Saints-Cowboys game.

And just like that, Romo is picked off again. Philly has the ball, 1st and 10, in Cowboys territory.

It looks like the Saints have wrapped up the #2 seed, and the first round bye in the playoffs! :yahoo:

T.O. is as big a joke as I said he was back at the beginning of the season.

He's out, and this game is proof. He needs not show his face in Dallas again.

T.O.'s hand had nothing to do with the ball that slipped right through his arms. His hand wasn't even in there.

Romo is awesome, and no doubt he'll be a Cowboy next year. Parcells is far past his prime, and as coach of the Cowboys he's proven he's not a miracle worker afterall.

All I can hope for is a better next season, because this current Cowboys team isn't playing worth a damn. Again, they had a golden opportunity but lost it. When you let a team embarrass you like the Saints did a few weeks ago, you deserve to be ridiculed. And this game was yet another embarrassment.

There's a lot of work that must be done for next year, but I still wish someone would buy Jerry Jones out.

There's a lot of work that must be done for next year, but I still wish someone would buy Jerry Jones out.

Honestly, I can't stand Jerry Jones. I've always thought that owners should own, and let the coaches coach, and the players play. Jerry Jones is always down on the sidelines getting involved in things where he can't, and doesn't contribute. He seems to think of himself as the coach, and seems to think he has more expertise in the game of football than Bill Parcells; ala, T.O.

As for the Cowboys as a team, today, they looked like a team that wasn't even headed for the playoffs, much less a team fighting for a #2 seed and a first round bye in the playoffs.

Honestly, I can't stand Jerry Jones. I've always thought that owners should own, and let the coaches coach, and the players play. Jerry Jones is always down on the sidelines getting involved in things where he can't, and doesn't contribute. He seems to think of himself as the coach, and seems to think he has more expertise in the game of football than Bill Parcells; ala, T.O.

Agreed, Jerry Jones has always tried to be the coach. For that, he's the laughing stock of the whole league... but he seems to have no problem with that!? Come on, man, get real. Was Parcells hired to coach or to appear to be coaching. I tend to think the latter. Let's bring in a huge name in football, the Miracle Man, the Big Tuna, and see him turn around the Cowboys like he has other teams. But wait a second, let's add a twist... let's have him do it while Jerry Jones is pulling his strings. Puh-lease.

With all the money Jones has tied up in his team, you'd expect him to take it seriously... but not to the point of playing coach behind the scenes. Unreal!!

As for the Cowboys as a team, today, they looked like a team that wasn't even headed for the playoffs, much less a team fighting for a #2 seed and a first round bye in the playoffs.

No doubt. I honestly expected a hard-played, close matchup. I didn't see much of either, to be honest. It was close for a while, but by the 4th quarter they'd let it slip away from them. Not even a prayer.

On a side note: the Saints deserve to be where they are this season, as do the Eagles. Both are great teams. I've always respected the Saints as Louisiana's team, but I've also always respected the Eagles as one of our NFC East rivals.

Agreed T.O is a joke I don't see a future with him and the cowboys next season. Every team that this guy plays on he acts like it's all about him. Just like espn said last night" he brought down two franchises already and hes about to bring down another. This team should be called T.O and the dallas cowboys. As for parcells I think that he is done and may retire next season.

Just like espn said last night" he brought down two franchises already and hes about to bring down another.

And yet he continues to rake in the BIG bucks because he's nothing more than a side show act. If you're winning games, the fans will watch... it's that simple. I don't watch the NFL or the Cowboys to see a side show, I watch to see good football games.

If I want to see a side show, I'll catch the circus next time it rolls through.

T.O. is an idiot, and I hope we're right about him being out of the picture next season. I suppose that all depends on what Daddy JJ has to say about it... he's been making excuses for T.O. all along!

I have not missed not having NFL Network so far...then again it's hard to miss something you never had in the first place. Large markets like NYC and Houston also do not have NFL Network. Something will probably change in the future. The NFL over-estimated it's clout, now it's causing problems.

I miss the normal names like "Peach" Bowl.....then it became the Chick fil-A Peach Bowl. Now it's just the Chick-fil-A Bowl ...that just sounds stupid. I like Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, Gator, etc. And the old Copper Bowl sounded cool too. But these corporate sponsors with the MPC Computer Bowl, Meinke Car Care Bowl, Insight Bowl, etc just sound silly. Sorry to vent.

Please bring a playoff whether that be a Final 4 or an Elite 8. Rotate the major bowls. This is the only sport that does not decide a champion the right way.

I have not missed not having NFL Network so far...then again it's hard to miss something you never had in the first place. Large markets like NYC and Houston also do not have NFL Network. Something will probably change in the future. The NFL over-estimated it's clout, now it's causing problems.

I miss the normal names like "Peach" Bowl.....then it became the Chick fil-A Peach Bowl. Now it's just the Chick-fil-A Bowl ...that just sounds stupid. I like Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, Gator, etc. And the old Copper Bowl sounded cool too. But these corporate sponsors with the MPC Computer Bowl, Meinke Car Care Bowl, Insight Bowl, etc just sound silly. Sorry to vent.

Please bring a playoff whether that be a Final 4 or an Elite 8. Rotate the major bowls. This is the only sport that does not decide a champion the right way.

Nothing silly about the name PetroSun Independence Bowl!! And of course NO ONE could get any better than the old Poulan-Weed Eater Independence Bowl. ;)

When referring to Bowl names, I like it when they still have their "normal" name in it, like Independence Bowl. At least you can drop the "PetroSun" part when saying it. And I agree with you, I also like the Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, Gator, etc... those all sound normal, and you can leave off the sponsor's name altogether when saying it.

New Orleans Bowl sounds good as well, by the way.

New Orleans Bowl sounds good as well, by the way.

I like the sound of that too.

Another couple of example is the Capital One Bowl...used to be the Citrus Bowl. That sounded cool; but a credit card??

The long-time Sun Bowl was once the John Hancock Sun Bowl; the the plain stupid John Hancock Bowl for a short time. Then they came back to their senses with the Sun Bowl.

Congratulations to the John Curtis High School Patriots football team, which won its 21st state title two weeks ago in the Superdome, and finished the prep football season ranked as the #2 team in the nation, behind only Southlake Carroll High School in Texas. John Curtis is located in River Ridge, a few miles west of New Orleans.

Congratulations to the John Curtis High School Patriots football team, which won its 21st state title two weeks ago in the Superdome, and finished the prep football season ranked as the #2 team in the nation, behind only Carroll High School in Texas. John Curtis is located in River Ridge, a few miles west of New Orleans.

John Curtis has an awesome football program.

Evangel also won another state title, in the 1A championships. It still burns me that they have to play in 1A.

I had posted way back in September when John Curtis knocked-off then#1 at the time Hoover(AL) 28-13...I would love to see John Curtis play#1 Southlake Carroll.

Where will John Curtis all-purpose athlete #5 Joe McKnight end-up in college next season??? USC or LSU?? His girlfriend goes to USC; I sure hope he goes to LSU next year!

Evangel also won another state title, in the 1A championships. It still burns me that they have to play in 1A.

I agree....both Evangel in 1A and John Curtis in 2A need to be in a higher classification. They recruit, so public schools are at a big disadvantage

Edited by richyb83

I had posted way back in September when John Curtis knocked-off then#1 at the time Hoover(AL) 28-13...I would love to see John Curtis play#1 Southlake Carroll.

Where will John Curtis all-purpose athlete #5 Joe McKnight end-up in college next season??? USC or LSU?? His girlfriend goes to USC; I sure hope he goes to LSU next year!

I agree....both Evangel in 1A and John Curtis in 2A need to be in a higher classification. They recruit, so public schools are at a big disadvantage

I completely agree. Shows what I know, I thought John Curtis was higher than 2A. That school has always been one of those "hot" programs.

Alabama must have lots of fans in Tennessee, because I've been seeing Tennessee license plates around here the last couple of days like crazy. I've always seen "some," but not like I have over the last couple of days. And half of the ones I've encountered have been the slow left-lane driving type, too. :angry:

I have yet to notice a car with Alabama plates. I usually see Alabama plates ona regular basis, so I'd think that I would see more during I-Bowl weel but I haven't. Supposedly they have a ton of fans in town for the game, though. I've also seen plenty of Oklahoma plates, though that's not really uncommon around here.

The plates I typically see a lot of would be as follows, ranked by how often I tend to see them normally:

Louisiana

Texas

California

Arkansas

Oklahoma <-- seeing lots more of these this week

Mississippi

Illinois

North Carolina

Alabama <-- you'd think I'd be seeing tons of these this week, but I'm not

Georgia

South Carolina

Tennessee <-- seeing lots more of these this week