19. Oklahoma 13-4 471

20. Ohio State 14-3 464

21. Michigan 15-3 440

22. Indiana 12-5 289

23. Iowa 16-5 288

24. LSU 14-5 269

25. Northern Iowa 19-3 184

We're finally in! :thumbsup:

The fact that ULM is not appealing the Indian mascot "ban" by the NCAA is being frowned upon by many. Most believe that the athletic director is just trying to make friends with the NCAA, and by not appealing their decision that process will speed up.

The fact that ULM is not appealing the Indian mascot "ban" by the NCAA is being frowned upon by many. Most believe that the athletic director is just trying to make friends with the NCAA, and by not appealing their decision that process will speed up.

Overall I like the idea of getting rid of some of the offensive names. I realize some have been established as traditions but I don't think it's overall very respectful of the Native Americans.

^I am pretty split on the decision. I agree that it can be offensive to the Native Americans, but for schools like Florida State and ULM, where the indian has been the mascot since the founding of the schools, and the native americans still living in the areas, and the descendents of the native americans who used to live in that area have said many times that the mascot name does not bother them, I think some exceptions to the rule could be put into affect.

^I am pretty split on the decision. I agree that it can be offensive to the Native Americans, but for schools like Florida State and ULM, where the indian has been the mascot since the founding of the schools, and the native americans still living in the areas, and the descendents of the native americans who used to live in that area have said many times that the mascot name does not bother them, I think some exceptions to the rule could be put into affect.

Yeah I don't really have any problems with having exceptions. Especially if the involved Native Americans in the area don't really seem to mind. But of course you're never going to have everyone approve. I'm pretty sure I've heard that some of the Seminoles that live in Oklahoma aren't happy about it.

But of course you're never going to have everyone approve. I'm pretty sure I've heard that some of the Seminoles that live in Oklahoma aren't happy about it.

Yea definately not, but I think if there is an obvious choice of whether the school should keep/get rid of a native american-related mascot, then from that point on exceptions to the rule could be put into place if the decision is "yes", and the school should simply abide by the rule if the answer is a clear "no."

Overall LSU fans should be pleased with Les Miles 2006 recruiting class !

Rivals.com rated LSU's class at 7th in the country.ESPN only had them # 13 . SuperPrep and other recruiting sources have them 6th-8th !

And this does not include 5-star RB Keiland Williams...who is not supposed to decide til tommorrow. Tigerbait.com's Mike Scarbrough says he will chose LSU over USC tommorrow !!!

LSU simply looks like they are re-loading !

LSU Men's Basketball team now 7-0 in the SEC ! And 13 STRAIGHT SEC wins dating back to the end of last year ! After a hard fought win vs. Auburn Wed.nite 84-69 . The game was still close at 54 -52 in 2nd half; then theTigers pulled-away.

LSU goes on the road to play Alabama Sat. at noon on JP-Sports TV

Overall LSU fans should be pleased with Les Miles 2006 recruiting class !

Rivals.com rated LSU's class at 7th in the country.ESPN only had them # 13 . SuperPrep and other recruiting sources have them 6th-8th !

And this does not include 5-star RB Keiland Williams...who is not supposed to decide til tommorrow. Tigerbait.com's Mike Scarbrough says he will chose LSU over USC tommorrow !!!

LSU simply looks like they are re-loading !

I wasn't aware that the rankings for LSU's recruiting class were not including Keiland Williams until earlier this evening. I have seen some projections that if Williams signs with LSU, LSU's recruiting class would jump from #6 in the country to #3! This is definately a good year for LSU recruiting, which is now obviously a national recruiting powerhouse.

LSU Men's Basketball team now 7-0 in the SEC ! And 13 STRAIGHT SEC wins dating back to the end of last year ! After a hard fought win vs. Auburn Wed.nite 84-69 . The game was still close at 54 -52 in 2nd half; then theTigers pulled-away.

LSU goes on the road to play Alabama Sat. at noon on JP-Sports TV

That was a great game last night! And I can't wait until the Alabama game, that's gonna be a tough one, especially considering the game is at Alabama.

LSU losses 1st SEC game ! You were right NCB , it was a tough game on the road today for the Tigers. Sooner or later your gonna lose a conference game. No one ever goes the entire season undefeated in SEC play. + Alabama was 4-3 (2nd SEC West) three games behind, needed this win today. A loss would have made them 4 games back; now they are only 2 back of LSU .

The Bama fans baffled me today ! Late in the game they whined , complained ,and boo'd about foul-calls even when there player delivers an vicious elbow shot to "Big Baby"Glen Davis jaw ! Right before that Bama got a 2-pt.gift on a called "goal-tending" on Tyrus Thomas,when clearly announcers and replay showed a perfect block shot ; no where near going down. Yet they still wanna complain. Cheer for your team;but live in reality also !

Edited by richyb83

LSU losses 1st SEC game ! You were right NCB , it was a tough game on the road today for the Tigers. Sooner or later your gonna lose a conference game. No one ever goes the entire season undefeated in SEC play. + Alabama was 4-3 (2nd SEC West) three games behind, needed this win today. A loss would have made them 4 games back; now they are only 2 back of LSU .

The Bama fans baffled me today ! Late in the game they whined , complained ,and boo'd about foul-calls even when there player delivers an vicious elbow shot to "Big Baby"Glen Davis jaw ! Right before that Bama got a 2-pt.gift on a called "goal-tending" on Tyrus Thomas,when clearly announcers and replay showed a perfect block shot ; no where near going down. Yet they still wanna complain. Cheer for your team;but live in reality also !

That was a great game, though I was sad to see LSU lose. One positive thing is that LSU didn't just give up, like they have done in situations like the ones they were in vs Bama over the last few years.

I agree about the Bama fans on some of those calls, but I can tell you(and I'm sure you know) LSU fans can be the same way sometimes. :lol:

^Well the inside will be full of updates, both for technological and design purposes. The Superdome will be a much better Superdome than it was before, and more updates are planned for the dome, in order to make it look and feel as new as it did back in 1975.

^That is part of the extended plan for renovations. If the state and the team are able to come to terms on a long-term deal to keep the team in New Orleans, the extended plans for renovations on the Superdome will take place. At that point, it could be like a whole new stadium. :D

They almost blew it ! That could have been a devestating loss that would have been really hard to recover from since they are so young. Thank goodness for a cool,calm Senior like Darrel Mitchell ! + LSU travels to an angry #7 (20-3) Florida team this Saturday,who is coming of a loss to So.Carolina. LSU needs to bring their "A"-game vs. the Gators ! LSU has limited depth,only playing 8 men; I hope the fatigue factor is not trying to set-in ? They need to stay fresh for this stretch-run in the SEC !

I think LSU had it in the bag. Arkansas NEVER wins on the road in a close situation. At least not in the past two years. They always find some way to lose on the road. I admit though I didn't expect them to come back from behind to lose, epecially to a team as good as LSU. Usually they build an early lead and give it up at the end of the game.

They almost blew it ! That could have been a devestating loss that would have been really hard to recover from since they are so young. Thank goodness for a cool,calm Senior like Darrel Mitchell ! + LSU travels to an angry #7 (20-3) Florida team this Saturday,who is coming of a loss to So.Carolina. LSU needs to bring their "A"-game vs. the Gators ! LSU has limited depth,only playing 8 men; I hope the fatigue factor is not trying to set-in ? They need to stay fresh for this stretch-run in the SEC !

I don't know about your richyb, but I cant wait until the LSU-Florida game tommorow afternoon! :thumbsup:

I think LSU had it in the bag. Arkansas NEVER wins on the road in a close situation. At least not in the past two years. They always find some way to lose on the road. I admit though I didn't expect them to come back from behind to lose, epecially to a team as good as LSU. Usually they build an early lead and give it up at the end of the game.

That really sounds like the LSU teams of the past few years...

Hopefully Arkansas will start to pull it all together soon. :D

I don't know about your richyb, but I cant wait until the LSU-Florida game tommorow afternoon! :thumbsup:

That really sounds like the LSU teams of the past few years...

Hopefully Arkansas will start to pull it all together soon. :D

I think it might be getting too late for Arkansas this season. But as you said the LSU-Florida game is looking really good tomorrow. Has LSU played Tennessee yet?