Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

:o:lol: We posted at the same time on the same subject....

I posted my reply when asked in the Football Predictions thread in the Sports forum.

Nick Saban realized his mistake not long after he left LSU; he's just more cut-out for the college game(Spurrier,Pete Carroll) He wanted the challenge of bringing back a storied past like the Dolphins. But they regressed this year(6-10). He misses the college game..and the $ + tradition-rich Alabama + slower lifestyle of Tuscaloosa than fast-paced Miami.

I can't believe he's going to an SEC West school rival after such a short time. Some people think he is a jerk for doing this. I say bring it on!!! I appreciate what Saban did building LSU into a "Powerhouse" program"...

but Les Miles is 21-4 so far at LSU with an improved special teams.

I had wondered if people would be a bit unhappy he's going to another SEC West team. Then again Spurrier ended up at another SEC East team. Anyway I was just curious to see what the reaction is down there.

Geaux Tigers!!! :yahoo:

Amen! It's great to see the Sugar Bowl back where it should be, the Superdome.

On another subject: do you guys have any idea how difficult it is to prepare a stadium for three football games over a short period of time? (the Peach Bowl, a Falcons game, and the Sugar Bowl) I pity the GA Dome clean up crew.

Notre Dame tried a fake punt on a 4th and 3 at their own 40, and didn't get anywhere. I think that was a stupid call, and two plays later, LSU scored a touchdown. JaMarcus Russell is already impressive with a 35 yard pass that led to the touchdown.

And after another defensive stop, LSU has the ball again.

Notre Dame tried a fake punt on a 4th and 3 at their own 40, and didn't get anywhere. I think that was a stupid call, and two plays later, LSU scored a touchdown. JaMarcus Russell is already impressive with a 35 yard pass that led to the touchdown.

And after another defensive stop, LSU has the ball again.

Yeah a pretty stupid call, don't try something like that that deep on your side of the field. Honestly I think the only way Notre Dame had much of a chance is if LSU didn't take them seriously enough. I had wondered with all the players being suspended if the players were taking them seriously enough. Yeah Notre Dame is always way overrated but that doesn't mean this is Creampuff St either. But so far LSU is making it look pretty easy.

Please tell me, how is that not an interception? He has it in his arm when he's in the air, he has it in the arm when he hits the ground, when he rolls over on the ground the ball is still wrapped in his arm, and it never hit the ground in that entire process. Incomplete? :dontknow:

:lol:

And that doesn't even matter now, as two plays later, Johnathan Zenon, the same player who intercepted the prior pass, picked off Brady Quinn's pass and brought it up to around the LSU 40 yard line.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TOOK THE INT AWAY.......an in The Dome too!!!

I expect this in Auburn.....they are BIG 12 Officials..they suck!!!

They BLITZED and Int by Zenon!!!!!!! Take that away!!!!!!!

Oh no, another review..NOT ONE REVIEW has gone LSU's way this year!!!

This is where it stops.

Edited by richyb83

And the halftime score:

LSU- 21

ND- 14

On that last LSU drive, JaMarcuss Russell showed why he could very well be the top pick in the NFL draft if he does indeed come out early. He hit Early Doucet on a 58 yard bomb, and then ran it in for a touchdown for the 5.

If JaMarcus Russell actually comes back to LSU next year, which I dont expect to happen, he would be the pre-season front runner for the heisman. Everyone was originally looking at Darren McFadden from Arkansas, but Russell is really starting to gain attention, especially from the college experts. And as he continues to develop as a runner, his rating is only getting higher.

Trindon Holiday and Jessie Daniels will play in the 2nd half after being disciplined for missing curfew!!! :whistling:

Trindon Holiday, LSU's best kick returner, comes back in the second half. Interestingly enough, LSU gets the ball first in the second half. :lol:

Well Notre Dame has made more of a game of it. I thought for a while LSU might have it pretty easy. I've been a bit surprised at some of the play calling. I think LSU has passed up some opportunities. Now I guess we'll have to see if they really take it to Notre Dame and try to take them out of the game of let them stay within striking distance. Notre Dame can be dangerous team when it's close near the end of the game. But I still feel LSU is the better team. I think they need to make some adjustments on defense at the half. Notre Dame was starting to have an easier time moving the ball.

Now that is when you run a fake! :thumbsup:

A perfectly executed option-fake by LSU on a field goal attempt got them the first down and more, and they now face a 3rd down inside the Notre Dame 10.

And that drive lead to a field goal by LSU, and the Tigers now lead 24-14.

Another huge 58 yard pass from JaMarcus Russell, this one going for a touchdown. LSU dominated the 3rd quarter, and going into the 4th, they have their largest lead of the game at 20; they lead 34-14. :thumbsup:

According to what Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long were talking about on Fox, JaMarcus Russell can throw the ball 85 yards with both feat completely planted to the ground, 60 yards from his knees, and 40 yards from his butt. That's just insane! :w00t: And alot of NFL experts say that if he is drafted, he could have the biggest arm in the NFL.