Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

That's one of the WORST Pass Interference call I have ever seen in my life!!!! :o THE Ref's SUCK!!!

Karma! :lol:

On the next play, the same reciever that pulled down the LSU player and got away with it for a defensive pass interference call, has the ball go right off his hands, up in the air, and then intercepted by LaRon Landry.

And later, and ill-advised pass by JaMarcus Russell is intercepted. Though it has been a career day for Russell when all of the NFL scouts are watching.

Yep, Keiland Williams ran it in for a 22 yard touchdown, and LSU is just dominating now, leading 41-14. I expect Keiland Williams to be a serious force in the future; he's a true freshman who continues to show all kinds of talent as a running back. Look out SEC! :D

Just a huge night for the entire LSU football team. They are Sugar Bowl champs for the 3rd time in six years after they just destroyed Notre Dame 41-14. JaMarcus Russell was just amazing, and I think he will probably be headed to the NFL, where he will do extremely well. But you never know, LSU has a massive amount of talent, and JaMarcus might want a shot at his own National Championship. I guess we'll just have to wait an see! :thumbsup:

LSU finishes the year 11-2, and have now won eight of their last 10 bowl games, and have been to three BCS bowls in the last six years. In his two years at LSU, Les Miles has gone 22-4, though people know that if LSU had won against Auburn or Florida, they would be in the National Championship right now. Still, you can't argue with success, and the even better news is the fact that LSU will probably be the most talented team, or at least one of the most talented teams, in the nation again next year. Since 2000, LSU has gone 62-20, and in that time they have won four SEC titles, three BCS bowl games, and a national championship. LSU has established itself as a major powerhouse in the SEC, and the entire nation, and lets keep all of that success going next year!

Great year, Tigers! :yahoo:

Awesome game. I think that JaMarcus is gone, but with him, does anyone think we could make a run at a championship next year? I do. I think that if we win either the Auburn or Florida game this year we would have been a lock for the title game. Many experts have said that LSU is the best 10-2 team ever.

On another note, I think Nick Saban is a complete liar and jerk. It's LSU/Miami all over again. Multiple promises he is going to stay then he bolts. Can you believe after a month of denials he went anyway? I hope he bombs at Alabama, first of all because I hate Nick Saban now and second of all I hate Alabama!!! He'll stay at Alabama until someone offers him more money. Can you believe this jerk left Miami without addressing Miami and leaving the owner to answer all the questions? I hope it's a massacre everytime we play Alabama!

Edited by jcasey

BTW, I have a theory why Notre Dame has lost nine straight bowl games. I think that they have lost so many because they are always overrated and because of this they always get in a good bowl are out matched. They only play good teams (with the exception of USC and Michigan) at the end of the year and guess what, they lose. If Notre Dame would ever schedule some real games they would constantly see losing seasons.

Since 2000, LSU has gone 62-20,

Actually with Saban's 46-18 and and Miles at 22-4..that would be 68-22 ??right? :dontknow: Nonetheless it's still an awesome record in the new millenium! :thumbsup:

BTW Nate, nice job on all the detailed commentary. It's nice to have a moderator that's such a passionate sports fan!!!

I think the heart of the defense (Jr.) DT- #72 Glen Dorsey bolts for the NFL early too. He will have the pro scouts drooling at pre-draft workouts; he's one of the most explosive 300 lb.er's I have ever seen.

Edited by richyb83

BTW, I have a theory why Notre Dame has lost nine straight bowl games. I think that they have lost so many because they are always overrated and because of this they always get in a good bowl are out matched. They only play good teams (with the exception of USC and Michigan) at the end of the year and guess what, they lose. If Notre Dame would ever schedule some real games they would constantly see losing seasons.

Exactly. They are consistently overrated. I think I saw they were preseason #2. Notre Dame also has skipped 'lesser' bowls in the past. Anyway nice looking game by LSU in the second half. Nice adjustments to shut down Notre Dame in the second half. Did anyone watch halftime. I don't remember his name but the former Notre Dame player turned ESPN college football anchor said he thought Notre Dame dominated the game at the half. His colleague had to bring him back down by saying were you watching the same game I was? :lol:

Exactly. They are consistently overrated. I think I saw they were preseason #2. Notre Dame also has skipped 'lesser' bowls in the past. Anyway nice looking game by LSU in the second half. Nice adjustments to shut down Notre Dame in the second half. Did anyone watch halftime. I don't remember his name but the former Notre Dame player turned ESPN college football anchor said he thought Notre Dame dominated the game at the half. His colleague had to bring him back down by saying were you watching the same game I was? :lol:

I remember several years ago when they turned down the Independence Bowl here in Shreveport. That was a slap in the face. That former player turned "analyst" was Tim Brown formerly of Notre Dame and the Raiders.

That former player turned "analyst" was Tim Brown formerly of Notre Dame and the Raiders.

Yep, talk about bias! Notre Dame is getting absolutely handled on offense, has less offensive yards and production, and is losing by a touchdown...but because they have more time of possestion, they're dominating! :rolleyes:

Alot of people are just jealous(Media) about the way the boyz from the South play football. I checked-out cbssportsline.com with MANY people (neutral) giving LSU props for the brutal beatdown inthe 2nd half....and the B.S. bias Ref's that tried to keep Notre Dame in the ball game...THEY (not me) said that!!! Beating the Irish despite the ref's bias.

"RESPECT"

Forbes has there NEW List of Top 10 Richest Football Programs....guess who was #1 and #2 ??? Notre Dame and Texas 2..of the Most Overrated Teams year-in and year-out. LSU finished #10

Check this out...http://www.forbes.com/home/business/2006/12/22/college-football-ncaa-business_cz_jg_1222collegefootball.html

I wish LSU could have played USC in the "Grudge-match" Unfinished Business 2003 Bowl...with Trojan QB- Booty Boy playing against his "Home-state" team LSU!!! That would have been as good as Florida/Ohio State...

:angry::tough: WE NEED A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF!!!!!!!

Edited by richyb83

The NFL Playoffs start today!

I'm picking Seattle to beat Dallas at home, and finally end the Cowboys' season. :D

And in the AFC Wildcard game, I see Peyton Manning having a very big day, big enough to overcome the fact that the Colts' defense will allow at least 150 yards on the ground to Larry Johnson.

Colts and Seahawks win.

Breaking news

Sean Payton has just been named the NFL Coach of the Year!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2722296

The voting results weren't even close, with Sean Payton recieving 44 of the 50 votes. Eric Mangini of the Jets recieved 3 votes, Marty Schottenheimer got 2, and Jeff Fisher recieved 1 vote.

Congrats to him, and to the entire Saints organization on an amazing year!

And in the AFC Wildcard game, I see Peyton Manning having a very big day, big enough to overcome the fact that the Colts' defense will allow at least 150 yards on the ground to Larry Johnson
The Colts running game led by LSU-Rookie Joesph Addai could be the difference??

Two high-scoring games today!!! Seahawks starting CB-Marcus Trufant is OUT for today's game w/ injury. The Cowboys need to attack that weak-spot!

Yes indeed :thumbsup:

Breaking news

Sean Payton has just been named the NFL Coach of the Year!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2722296

The voting results weren't even close, with Sean Payton recieving 44 of the 50 votes. Eric Mangini of the Jets recieved 3 votes, Marty Schottenheimer got 2, and Jeff Fisher recieved 1 vote.

I wonder where Jim Mora finished on that list ;)

Payton deserved the award after that turnaround New Orleans has had. Congrats to him.

LSU's 5th ranked HS Recruiting Class just got stronger today!!! :thumbsup:

LSU recieved two BIG commitments today at the U.S. Army East/West All-Star game! Both Defensive-linemen; From of all places Detriot MI Joesph Barksdale 6'-6" 323 and West Monroe's Luther Davis.

John Curtis HS A-A all-purpose athlete Joe McKnight scored a TD today! He will chose between USC and LSU; He reminds many of Reggie Bush, who actually attended some of his games this year. I really hope he stay's here!

East St.John's Stefoin Francois had a 88 yard kick-off return in todays game. He is still uncommitted.

The 4th player from La. in todays game was WR-Ahmad Paige from tiny Sterlington HS has already commited to Florida State.

QB commitment Jarrett Lee from Brenham TX is also one of LSU's top recruits has already stated he did not mind being redshirted with returning QB's (Sr.) Matt Flynn and super soph. Ryan Perrilloux.

D.B. in exchange for another D.B. Big time WR commitment DeAngelo Benton from Bastrop may be forced into getting early playing time with the departure's of Dwayne Bowe and Craig "Buster" Davis. Two future NFL'ers. Gosh I'm gonna miss them; so is QB-J Russ..just Another reason for him to opt early for the NFL Draft.

Edited by richyb83

Well, I got the first game result right, though the way it happened is far different from what I predicted. The Colts beat the Chiefs 23-8, though Peyton Manning really didn't have a big game at all, throwing 3 picks and one TD. The Colts D held Larry Johnson to 32 yards on 13 carries, and Trent Green to only 107 passing yards. Though the Colts did get a pretty big game from former LSU standout Joseph Addai, who had 122 rushing yards and 1 TD. Nice call with that one, Richy. :thumbsup:

The Cowboys vs the Seahawks in about 30 minutes; my prediction again, the Cowboys season ends tonight.

I went against the popular pick and picked the Cowboys to lose to the Saints; result: Cowboys lose.

I went against the popular pick and picked the Cowboys to lose to the Eagles; result: Cowboys lose.

I'm going against the more popular pick and am picking the Cowboys to lose to the Seahawks; result: ?

Will my streak continue!?

BTW, I know most everyone will be watching the NFL Playoffs tonight, but if you're looking for something to flip between, watch during commercials, or watch during halftime, the #19 ranked LSU men's basketball team hosts #14 Connecticut tonight at 8:00 on ESPN.

What a crazy game! I can't believe they botched the snap at the end. Poor Romo. So close; yet so far. I don't know if Parcells will be back next year or not?? I doubt it. Good call on the prediction Nate.

former LSU standout Joseph Addai, who had 122 rushing yards and 1 TD. Nice call with that one, Richy
Thanks Nate! Maybe we could have our own radio talk show :lol: Addai is alot of fun to watch. People forget he got injured toward the end of last season and was not able to play(barely) in SEC Championship game vs. Georgia.

The Colts Defense came ready to play today. Manning and crew had better be ready for the Ravens next week with their strong D!

the #19 ranked LSU men's basketball team hosts #14 Connecticut tonight at 8:00 on ESPN.

Congrats to LSU for whipping U Conn 66-49; after being down 15-6 early in the game!

I was trying to watch both LSU B-Ball and the NFL at the same time. I miss Pic in Pic . I don't have it on my new 55" HDTV.

I was trying to watch both LSU B-Ball and the NFL at the same time. I miss Pic in Pic . I don't have it on my new 55" HDTV.

You should totally get a DirecTV HD DVR. It has two tuners so you can pause one show and flip to the other, hence watching them both at on time! I do this very often. I absolutely love mine. I am now able to keep up with shows I like to watch, I just TIVO it and catch it when I can.

The NFL released the Divisional Playoff schedule:

The New Orleans Saints will play Saturday Night (Jan.13th)on FOX at 7:00 vs. either the Seahawks or Eagles.

The Bears will play Sunday's early game at Noon.

Oops, I heard that last night but didn't think to try posting that info here where you guys would find it of interest.