Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Not suprising, and really not bad news at all. Certainly we'll miss his arm strength, but up until about halfway through this past season, JaMarcus has been little more than average in his performance. He threw lots of picks and fumbled quite often. And what's great is the fact that we've got even more talent behind him, with Ryan Perrilloux and Matt Flynn. Ryan Perrilloux was the #1 QB recruit in the nation two years ago, and the #2 overall recruit. Matt Flynn had an absolutely amazing performace against Miami in the Peach Bowl last year, and LSU won that game 41-3. I'm looking forward to seeing those two guys battle it out in the Spring.

Yes, that been one thing Saban did was leave Les Miles "alot" of talent.

If J Russ had stayed another year, Matt Flynn would have transfered(rumor was Oklahoma) There is some special rule I have never heard of until now that says 5th year Seniors are allowed to transfer to 1A school without sitting out the season.

No suprise at all with J Russ leaving early; + he would have lost Top 2 Senior recievers Dwayne Bowe and Buster Davis who are headed for the NFL.

Expect another junior; 1st Team A-A #72 DT-Glen Dorsey from LSU to announce he will leave early for the NFL too!

The Eagles defeated the Giants 23-20 on a last second field goal.

Philadelphia @ New Orleans, Saturday at 7:00. It should be a fantastic game!

Just a little FYI, this will be another playoff rematch; the Saints defeated the Eagles by 3 back in week 6.

The Eagles defeated the Giants 23-20 on a last second field goal.

Philadelphia @ New Orleans, Saturday at 7:00. It should be a fantastic game!

Just a little FYI, this will be another playoff rematch; the Saints defeated the Eagles by 3 back in week 6.

That Giants loss was a heartbreaker! And it's Tiki's last game, too!

I'll be looking forward to seeing that NO vs. PHI game. Should be a close one!

BTW: The Falcons got a new coach today! Dan Petrino of Louisville.

Edited by ironchapman

Don't know what to say about Atlanta hiring Bobby Patrino. I guess I'm just suprised after everything going on with Nick Saban, that yet another good college coach makes the leap to the NFL, even after a coach like Nick Saban, who was amazing in college, did the same thing and paid for it. :dontknow:

LSU ends up 3rd in the final AP and USA Today Polls. Just behind Florida and Ohio State. In fact they weren't too far behind Ohio State in the voting and were comfortably ahead of USC. Looks like the SEC finally getting some respect.
I am so glad the SEC finished so strong in the BCS Bowls. And LSU and Florida winning with identical scores (41-14) is crazy :w00t: The Buckeyes were just pulverized!

More proof an "Elite 8" playoff system would be great!

Now I'm hearing that JaMarcus Russell hasn't officially said he's leaving for the draft. Looks like someone jumped the gun. Granted he still might leave. Not sure how much of a chance there is that he'll come back

JaMarcus Russell will hold a press conference Wednesday morning. He's going Pro. I starting thinking that in early last November. + He loses 2 of his Top Senior WR's. ESPN may have jumped the gun a little bit, but he's still going IMO. DT-Glen Dorsey will probably declare soon too; when is the deadline??

I saw where a couple of Razorbacks DE- Jamaal Anderson and DB Chris Houston have decided to leave early too.

Thanks for the info and imput Rod. I appreciate it.

Yall could get some Wintry weather next week; could go down as far south as Shreveport next Tuesday??

I am so glad the SEC finished so strong in the BCS Bowls. And LSU and Florida winning with identical scores (41-14) is crazy :w00t: The Buckeyes were just pulverized!

More proof an "Elite 8" playoff system would be great!

JaMarcus Russell will hold a press conference Wednesday morning. He's going Pro. I starting thinking that in early last November. + He loses 2 of his Top Senior WR's. ESPN may have jumped the gun a little bit, but he's still going IMO. DT-Glen Dorsey will probably declare soon too; when is the deadline??

I saw where a couple of Razorbacks DE- Jamaal Anderson and DB Chris Houston have decided to leave early too.

Thanks for the info and imput Rod. I appreciate it.

Yall could get some Wintry weather next week; could go down as far south as Shreveport next Tuesday??

You guys tend to be a little more active on topics like this down here so I like hanging around on some of these Louisiana topics. I do like to keep up with sports and it is SEC news that is connected to my team as well. And yeah some pretty cold weather is on the way, although I'm really not sure about much wintry precip.

DT-Glen Dorsey will probably declare soon too; when is the deadline??

I think that the deadline is Jan 15th. BTW, what the heck is going on with Ryan Perrilloux??? Reports are that he is under federal criminal investigation. This sounds bad. You know what they say, where there is smoke, there is fire. :(

I think that the deadline is Jan 15th. BTW, what the heck is going on with Ryan Perrilloux??? Reports are that he is under federal criminal investigation. This sounds bad. You know what they say, where there is smoke, there is fire. :(

I have to say that's news to me. Well your QB situation might end up taking care of itself. I think I heard the other guy (who's name I can't remember) has a slight edge at being QB next year.

Not too sure just yet on the Ryan Perrilloux story as of yet. :dontknow: I will have my ears open and try to post something ASAP. The other QB is Matt Flynn. He is a dual-threat QB who started in last seasons Peach Bowl; a 40-3 blowout of Miami.

DT-Glen Dorsey is said to be "torn" on deciding to go pro or not.

WR-Dwayne Jarrett of USC also declared for the NFL draft.

Best wishes to JaMarcus Russell; he still has plenty to learn. But he will probably have the strongest throwing arm in the NFL; they said he can throw the ball 85 yards :shok:

Here is a story that was in the Shreveport Times today about the Ryan Perrilloux investigation. Seems that it is about a counterfeit $20 that he had rejected at a convenience store in LaPlace last November. He has been interviewed by federal investigators and his high school coach seems to think that he is in the clear, lets all hope so. Here's the link.

LSU QB probe centers on counterfeiting

:yahoo::w00t::yahoo:

I wish I could bottle-up the adrenaline rush leading up to this game and other "Big" games. The Saints and Tigers tend to do that to me! :D

Horn playing is looking doubtful; but CB-Lito Shepard is Out for the Eagles. I expect Colston to be a "beast" tonight. Henderson needs to step-it-up...he's too erratic; but when he's on!!! Look-Out!!! Bush could have 8 receptions/ 70 yards....run Deuce for some ground-control. O-Line continue to play like you have!!! Michael Lewis some nice returns too!

If the Saints can contain Westbrook? and pressure Garcia?; then I think the Saints will pull-it-off!!! And Saints must have NO turnovers.

I expect another game similar to the 1st- matchup.