Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Yeah the section he drowned where the Industrial Canal meets the lake are strong currents almost like a funnel between the wooden locks; even smaller boats can sway. We still can't figure out why he was not wearing a "life-jacket". They also said he possibly had a mild concussion.

Truly sad.

Somebody else on the opposite side of the lake in Mandeville also drowned Monday.

My prayers are with his family. On another subject Kobe Bryant wants to get traded from the Lakers , and I just had a dream that he would get traded to the Hornets. If this happens New Orleans won't have to worry about the Hornets leaving, because once you hear that Kope is going to be a Hornet , season tickets would be sould out. The hornets would have such a large fanbase because he is a star. I think the reason why some people don't support the team is beacuse we really don't have any starts on the team , and we don't win many games. Just a dream how do you guys feel about this?

Well, just yesterday there was an article in the Sports section of the Times-Picayune saying that George Shinn has said he won't be spending any big bucks for players this summer, so I don't see that happening.

I just don't think it would matter with fan support for the Hornets; New Orleans just isn't a pro basketball city. It wasn't when the Jazz played here back in the 70's, and it isn't know. If the Hornets do well, sure, support will be there, but long term, I just don't see it happening. There could be 5 people living in the city of New Orleans and the Superdome would still be packed with 70,000 people to see the Saints on Sunday's. I can't say that about the Hornets. :dontknow:

Kobe Bryant wants to get traded from the Lakers , and I just had a dream that he would get traded to the Hornets. If this happens New Orleans won't have to worry about the Hornets leaving, because once you hear that Kobe is going to be a Hornet , season tickets would be sould out. The hornets would have such a large fanbase because he is a star. I think the reason why some people don't support the team is beacuse we really don't have any stars on the team , and we don't win many games. Just a dream how do you guys feel about this?

You're right, the Hornets don't have any stars. The best teams have one or two star players that make everyone else better. Miami Heat=Wade & Shaq, Chicago Bulls (Jordan years)=Jordan, Pippen, and Kerr. The Hornets have the players, but they just need some players to step their game up. If they can do that, I can easily see the Hornets getting the same support as the Saints. Until then, New Orleans will continue to rep for the Saints. If Kobe does come to the Hornets, it will be good because we'll have an established player. Given Kobe's reputation as a supposed "ballhog", could he be able to co-exist with the other players? That's the question.

That's my thinking too Nate. New Orleans is a "Football City" pure and simple. Only 8-Home Games in the Crescent City about every other Sunday + a few pre-season games and it's a party! :yahoo:

While 41 Home Games for the Hornets; many on weeknights just don't seem NOLA's speed. Too many empty seats except against the premier teams/players. How long will it take for Shin to pull the plug?? In New Orleans defense, the Hornets had the NBA's Worst W/L record before Katrina and have improved drastically since then CP3.

Let Kobe whine some more; he did not know what he had til it was gone. Shaq simply left at Kobe's request; then complimented DWade and the Heat to get him his Championship Ring. Something Kobe probably now realizes he will never obtain again.

^ So true Uptown. Kwame Brown hasn't panned-out; and rookie- Andrew Bynum has a ways to go.

I read somewhere yesterday that this La. Legislative Session at the Capitol it is expected $18 million will be forked-over to the Hornets for a new "state-of-the-art" practice/training facility. Shinn should be happy. What do yall think??

I can't see the logic in $18 million being used for a new practice/training facility when the NO Arena is more than enough for them to practice & train at :dontknow:

I have to agree with you there. If the arena currently being used is good enough, then why do you need a new one? It's like a child who always wants new toys.

We've had similar troubles, albeit less prevalent or discussed, with the Falcons and the GA Dome here in Atlanta, so I sympathize with you guys.

More photos, all courtesy of the amazing "Dubya" over at SaintsReport.com

QB Drew Brees

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

RB Deuce McAllister

DSC_0119.jpg

RB Regie Bush

DSC_0052.jpg

And his famous cleats

DSC_0093.jpg

FB Mike Karney

DSC_0088.jpg

C Jeff Faine

DSC_0059.jpg

WR Marques Colston

DSC_0099.jpg

Recieving Corps

DSC_0040.jpg

DT Hollis Thomas

DSC_0058.jpg

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again "Nate the Great". Thanks for posting those great shots by Dubya. :shades:

I am glad Drew Brees elbow injury in the Pro Bowl was to his "non" throwing arm; he already went thru enough with the gruesome shoulder injury. I like that QB's can be 6'-0 or 6'-1" and still be on the top; they don't have to be 6'-4" or 6'-5" to be a star!

Deuce & Reggie "Thunder & Lightning" are great compliments to each other. Is Mike Karney a TANK or what!!! :tough: Talk about devastating lead blocker! It was said in his college years at Arizona State he used to train by pulling Volkswagons on a harness. :shok:

The WR situation looks to be interesting headed into camp. Is Henderson ready to be a starter? Or will he stay inconsistent? Breaking big-plays all over the field one game; and disappearing in others.

Center Jeff Faine proved to be an excellent free agent pick-up from the Browns after losing LeCharles Bentley(virtually a trade) to the Browns; who blew his knee out the last year the first week of camp.

> Hoping to see TE- free agent signing Eric Johnson (ex-Pro Bowler) from the 49ers regain his "old form"; after missing most of the past two seasons with big injuries. If he stays healthy?? He and Brees could put up some impressive numbers.

Edited by richyb83

You definately need to tune in, Richy! Sports Talk airs on WWL every weekday evening from 4-7, and it's hosted by Kenny Wilkerson and the Cajun Cannon (and former Saints QB) Bobby Hebert. You can listen to it live on the internet for free at www.wwl.com if you sign up as a member, which is free and requires just about no time at all.

This week they will be featuring interviews with many Saints coaches and players, including WR Devery Henderson and OLB Scott Fujita. :thumbsup:

I am about to go up to Alexandria for a two-day workshop. Do they get WWL up there??

1st Rounder WR- Robert Meacham's missing time in mini-camp; problem with right knee, team doctors were looking at it. I hope it's better by July so he doesn't get behind.

College Baseball>> The UL-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns take on Texas A&M tonight at 6:30 in Round 3 of the Regionals in College Station TX. The winner advances to the Super Regionals! Go Ragin'Cajuns!!! :yahoo:

And congrats to the UNO Privateers who were eliminated last night, but had a good season.