Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

And BTW, if all of these charges turn out to be true, I hope Michael Vick spends every possible minute in prison. The people who do this stuff- electrocuting, hanging, and shooting dogs, beyond all of the other tortures associated with dog fighting----are lower than scum in my book. And I don't just say that as a dog owner and lover, I say that as a human. If all of this turns out to be true, Mike Vick deserves everything that comes to him, pertaining to law or not.

NCB-Regardless of whether Vick is going against the feds or not, there's always a legal loophole that Vick can use to his advantage. Supposedly, somebody snitched on Vick and got him in the mess he's in. Vick is rarely in VA half the time anyway, he always in Atlanta. He may get off, but it's highly unlikely because the feds are involved. On that note, Vick should have known dogfighting was illegal. Also, he should have known someone was hating on him to the point where they were gonna set him up.

P.S: We're gonna be something serious in '07

LSU Dominates All-SEC Team; Five Tigers selected to first unit, 12 overall

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/8615782.html

No matter if "tricky" Nick Saban is at SEC West rival Alabama now; I will always be thankful to him for three things!!!

* For passing on free agent QB Drew Brees when coaching with the Dolphins last off-season; allowing Brees to visit the Saints! :D

*For helping LSU to a National Championship in 04' and helping bring them to finally become an "elite" program :yahoo:

*JUST AS IMPORTANTLY....getting this beautiful building on campus to become an Academic Center for Student Athlete's! This is/has been a HUGE recruiting tool that helps continue getting them top-notch student athletes :shades:

71107011lh0.jpg

This is going to be a special season for the Tigers!!!!!!!

Edited by richyb83

Good to the Saints handling business. Hopefully Meacham can stay healthy and contribute in this rookie season :thumbsup:

Lofty expectations for the Tigers!!! There's a buzz in the air!

Rivals.com's Top 50 Countdown had LSU #3. 13-1 record??

Other predictions by publications:

Lindy's - #2

Athlons - #3

Phil Steele -#2

Street & Smith- #4

CBS - #2

The Sporting News - #2

College Football News - #2

Yes, best of luck to Steve in his recovery. He's a major competitor who leaves it all out on the field every time. I made a point of saying hello to him last year on Magazine Street Uptown, and he seemed like a great guy. He lives in New Orleans throughout the whole year, and he's seen out and about frequently, especially shopping on Magazine and haging out in the Quarter. :thumbsup:

BTW guys, if you don't have NFL Network, you won't be able to see the upcoming Hall of Fame Game between the Saints and the Steelers. It's on the NFLN exclusively this year, so you'll have to hit a sports bar or a friends house with the NFLN to catch the game.

Of course you can still listen on the 870!

P.S. If you're a Saints fan or an NFL fan in general, and you don't have the NFL Network, you should really look into getting it if you can. Besides all of the fantastic programming on the NFLN, more and more regular season games are being carried exclusively by the NFLN, and I believe the "flex" scheduling will be brought to the NFLN as early as late this year, so it's very possible that a Saints game will be carried on the NFLN this year or next, and you wouldn't want to have to miss it!

I got a 55' Sony HDTV before last football season; the pic on it was absolutlely incredible!!!! FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN, etc. Football will never be the same! Right now I have Digital Cable.

I really missed NFLN during the pre-draft combines back in February.

How much does DirecTV co$t??

Thanks for the heads-up Nate...I'm gonna have to figure something out.

Hey Derrick, is that New Orleans digital cable that carries NFLN?? Is that thru COX Cable??

If you have digital cable, NFLN automatically comes with it. I have HDTV through Cox Cable. You can get the same channels in Baton Rouge as I do in N.O. Cox vs. Satellite

Richy, my bill for DirecTV is about $100 per month. That's paying for 3 TV hookups and the largest channel package they offer; all of the movie channels, all of the sports channels, including local FSN channels from all over the country (handy for Hornets games) and plenty of other channels that I honestly don't even watch. :lol:

It's a little more expensive, but I've had both COX digital cable and Charter digital cable, and I greatly prefer DirecTV over both of them. Also, if you're an HD lover, DirecTV will be offering something like 120 HD channels within 6 months or so, and the basic picture quality is better than anything I've ever had. The satellite connection does go out in heavy storms, but once it clears up a bit, you never have to worry about losing your connection. :thumbsup:

The Saints obviously lost the NFC Championship to the Bears, but Reggie Bush's 88 yard touchdown run still impresses the hell out of me. The move he put on the Bears safety was SICK and this video doesn't do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12Ndr-j9UQ...ted&search=

BTW Richy, thanks for the LSU highlights! Great video!

Well thanks for the replies yall. Looks like I'll be calling COX this coming week about NFLN and some other issues they have. I would not need the movies. I find it strange to learn last year the 2 of the U.S. 4 Largest Markets (NYC, Houston) did not carry NFLN as well! :huh:

Hey Nate, the link did not show anything, so I typed in Reggie Bushh 88 yard TD..and got a few different clips. You are right that was a sick open field move and tremendous open field speed!!! The Saints had the Bears on the ropes in the 3rd..oh well, I'm not gonna bring that up again....bring on 07' :thumbsup:

I was unable to find the old clip with LSU's World-Class sprinter Trindon Holliday's 92 yard KO TD return vs. Arkansas.

Edited by richyb83

Hey guys, don't forgot about ArenaBowl XXI, which will be airing live from New Orleans on ABC tommorow afternoon at 2:00. And if you're in or around New Orleans/SE Louisiana, there will be lots of events going on around the New Orleans Arena and the New Orleans CBD all day leading up to the game.

Columbus Destroyers (7-9) 399.gif

vs

San Jose Sabercats (13-3) SJ.gif

1165273454ArenaBowl_XXI_New_Orleans.jpg

Thanks for the head's up Nate, I thought about posting this earlier! Good to see New Orleans playing host to the Arena Bowl; like the logo's too :shades: What's up with Columbus 7-9 record?? Judging by records alone, the Sabercats should thrash the Destroyers. But you never know?? That's why they play the game!

Well Richy, Columbus played in a very weak division, and managed to sneak into the playoffs with a 7-9 record. Once they got into the playoffs, however, they turned on the heat and made it all the way to the championship matchup. Think of it like this...the New York Giants made the playoffs with an 8-8 record last year in a weak NFC conference, and had they suddenly dominated in the playoffs and made it to the Super Bowl, they would have been in the position that Columbus is in now. :thumbsup:

The Voodoo finished the year at 5-11, missing the playoffs. However, they lead the AFL in attendance, and set an AFL record for number of season tickets sold. The people in New Orleans may not be major NBA supporters, but man do they support their football teams! Since 2000, the Superdome has never been less than 97% full through a season, and of course last year it was 100% full, and there is a season ticket waiting list of over 35,000.

Thankfully I have tickets for the Rams game and the Eagles game in the Dome this year. :D