Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

What a great run by Columbus then, I really have not followed Arena ball much this year. San Jose looked impressive handling business today(yesterday) :lol:

I only got to see bits and pieces of the game. Nate did it seem like they did a good job promoting New Orleans?? I saw them showing the inside of Commanders Palace, that was cool!

Great to see New Orleans supporting football so much! :thumbsup: I did not realize the Vodoo lead in attendance.

Thats good to see you were able to land Rams and Eagles tickets in the Dome. This means Haslett will be returning, that should be interesting to see.

I went over to the Georgia Force forum, just to see what some of the fans thought of the Arena Bowl in New Orleans, as I saw many Forece fans here even though their team wasn't in the big game. I was very happy to see alot of stuff like this:

the city showed why it should be a regular on the circuit to host the game.....there was a buzz whereever we went about the game....banners lined the streets....tv news had stories every day......I even had a chance to speak with commish himself and I told him what I thought and I believe that it will definately return to New Orleans

Everyone at the Sheraton, Harrahs, and the New Orleans Arena showed top-notch Southern Hospitality. The whole weekend was filled with music and activities. Locals would see our jerseys and say "oh, you're here for the big game". In Vegas, I had the feeling no one noticed we were even there.......

The Big Easy gets my vote for the permanent home for the AB!

New Orleans BLEW away the last 4 Arena Bowls I have been too. Site should be permanent no doubt. Why even consider any other cities, place knows how to host sporting events and treated Arena Football fans like KINGS and Queens.

:thumbsup:

That's great!

You guys will love NFL Network!!! I don't even bother with ESPN for my NFL news and coverage anymore. NFL Total Access airs at 6:00 p.m Monday-Saturday, and is an excellent show. Think SportsCenter, but without the basketball, baseball, hockey, and all of that other stuff you don't care about when football season is about to start. ;)

Also, their series "Inside Training Camp" has just started. The show is what its title describes, an inside look at a team's training camp with coverage, breakdowns, analysis, and player/coach interviews. I don't know when they'll be covering the Saints, but it will be sometime soon I'm sure.

Also, they will be starting a new college football show somtime soon, which will most likely follow the same structure as NFL Total Access, though it will be for the college game.

Congrats guys! :thumbsup:

NFLNetwork_250-175.jpg

Awesome video Nate! Thanks for posting! It does not get better than that, it got me more hyped!!! Reggie does run like his feet are on fire :lol: The Saints won't sneak-up of anybody this season.

How did Spike Lee get in that video <_<

Yes indeed, Richy! You've gotta love the voice of the Saints, Jim Henderson. I listen to him every week on WWL 870 AM, and he's the best in the league, IMO!

And Spike Lee...he was at the home opener to draw attention to his Katrina documentary. -_-

Alright guys, get your TV's set to NFL Network! Pre-game coming up at 5:00, and the HOF Game between the Steelers and the Saints will be on at 7:00.

Look for the starters(apart from Deuce and possibly Roman Harper) to play about 15 snaps. Usually I wouldn't much care after that, but with all of the position battles going on this year, and success of guys like Roman Harper, Marques Colston, and Jahri Evans who came off the second string last year, I'll be interested in seeing how the whole team does tonight.

No doubt Nate! Just because the starters will only play a series or two doesn't mean it won't be interesting. It's 90 players battling for 53 roster spots! These guys careers are on the line. Like you said, you never know who's under the radar that's ready to make an impact!

I'll be interested to see how Rookie 3rd-string QB Tyler Palko looks...he's a good athlete. I'm guessing Jason Fife is the 4th QB?? Not sure how comfortable I am with Jaime Martin as 2nd String QB??

Also another sleeper to keep an eye on is rookie CB-Usama Young out of Kent who has been having an excellent camp! He was not even invited to the NFL Combine back in February.

Can Josh Bullocks hold off?? new free-agent from the Bengals #43 Kevin Kaesviharn who has a knack for making big plays!

I just read that Cox in BR is adding the NFL Network. I hope they make room to show the game in HD once the season starts.

I emailed Cox BR asking them if they will show the NFL network games in HD. They responsed that during the regular season, the NFL network games will show in HD on Channel 780. (MOJOHD). The games NFL Network will show are:

Thursday, 11/22 Indianapolis @ Atlanta, 7:00pm

Thursday, 11/29 Green Bay @ Dallas, 7:00pm

Thursday, 12/6 Chicago @ Washington, 7:00pm

Thursday, 12/13 Denver @ Houston, 7:00pm

Saturday, 12/15 Cincinnati @ San Francisco, 7:00pm

Thursday, 12/20 Pittsburgh @ St. Louis, 7:00pm

Saturday, 12/22 Dallas @ Carolina, 7:00pm

Saturday, 12/29 New England @ New York Giants, 7:00pm

That's great!

You guys will love NFL Network!!! I don't even bother with ESPN for my NFL news and coverage anymore. NFL Total Access airs at 6:00 p.m Monday-Saturday, and is an excellent show. Think SportsCenter, but without the basketball, baseball, hockey, and all of that other stuff you don't care about when football season is about to start. ;)

[...]

NFLNetwork_250-175.jpg

Yeah, the NFL network really is something.

NCB (and others), how do you think the Saints are looking heading into the regular season? Will Reggie Bush still be a force to be reckoned with? (I hope so. The guy's amazing--and I'm a Falcons fan!)

Yes IC, I believe Reggie Bush is still going to be a force to be wreckon with; maybe even more so! He's seems to be even quicker so far in camp. He is learning to run between the tackles better; and of course he's one of the NFL's best recievers out of the backfield. His electrifying plays can happen anytime he touches the ball! Staying healthy is always a concern!

The NFLN "Kicks Butt"!!!!

I like RB- Jerious Nowood for the Falcons. I knew he was good eventhough he played on a bad college team. And RB-Warrick Dunn and Center-Todd McClure are from my hometown of Baton Rouge. I am still going to miss Joe Horn. Maybe the Falcons should have kept QB- Matt Schaub(now w/ Texans) since Mike Vick could be suspended for the year??

NFL Network just did a really cool piece on Saints Training Camp "behind the scenes" with TE- Mark Campbell's video camera following the action during the day. Only on NFL Network!

Hard to believe this time in two weeks LSU will have already played their 1st game vs. Mississippi State!

Edited by richyb83

An excellent article from Alexander Wolff of Sports Illustrated:

A city in recovery

First-hand impressions from ground in New Orleans

Article

What I love most about the city -- and what, I believe, argues most eloquently for its preservation, regardless of the cost -- is the devotion to it of the people who live there. Its music is a cultural treasure. Its food is too. There are precious few Arby's in New Orleans because no one wants anything but the debris po' boy at Mother's on Poydras Street. Dunkin' Donuts hardly stands a chance because a beignet at Caf

Reggie Bush's running game is on point, but he got lit up on the following clips. Even the best RB's take severe hits. Like a soldier, Reggie stood up and kept playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRLtoiCRlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQUiZ6ioK

Edited by UptownNewOrleans