Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

:angry::angry:

At this point, I feel the rest of the season does not matter. Who cares about the SEC Championship? I don't. To me, it was National Championship or bust. I am so mad that I threw all of my LSU stuff in the back of my closet. I cannot recall being so angry over a football game. I'm still mad.

I agree with you Richy, where was the pressure on the 4th and 10? Are you kidding me? I also recall the same type of formation penalty costing us big plays several times this year (I cannot recall the instances...sorry). It has to be the coaching. With the talent out there, the two games we lost should not have even been close. I also like Les Miles and Bo Pelini, but we need results. I felt there was no motivation or desire there. Where was the passion? You would think that if you're #1 and the National Championship was on the line you could get jacked up and stop someone. I really could care less if Les and Bo leave. They are good coaches, but we're pratically starting over next year anyway. There was what, 25 seniors? I know they included Flynn, Hester, Doucet, Dorsey, Steltz, C. Jackson, Zenon, Highsmith, Sanders, Pittman. That is seriously, almost the entire starting defense.

Richy, I am also outraged by the chop block on Dorsey. I was in Albuquerque watching that game at my in-laws and dropped the f-bomb in front of my wife's Grandmother! My wife had been warning everyone the day before what could happen if things went wrong in the LSU game. Sure enough, it happened. I didn't care though, I think that it was appropriate in that situation. That was an intentional chop to hurt Dorsey, no question. I don't know that I have ever seen one so intentional. They must have been watching Denver Broncos instructional videos.

As much as I love LSU, no matter how much talent they have, they do not deserve playing in the NC game. Too many penalties, too many close games and losing to teams we should have beat. The thing that does make me mad is, what if Missouri and West Virginia both lose? Does it then, by default fall to Ohio State and Georgia (a team that didn't even win it's division, much less it's Conference)? What does everyone think about the possibility of Ohio State (with their powder puff schedule) or Georgia getting into the NC game???

I like Les Miles as a coach, no coach is perfect and w/o flaws. But I agree with Nate on some good points. I think you can flip a coin as to if he leaves for Michigan. I think he's torn; but Michigan may be looking at Ferentz as 1st choice from what I am hearing?? Les's wife & family love it down here in the warmer south.

Defensive Coordinator Bo Pelini has interviewed with Nebraska. Fans are more upset with him for is non-agressive play calling as the season progressed; esp. in OT when he failed to call a "blitz" vs. QB Casey Dick on 4th & 10. That was a back-breaker. It's not all Pelini's fault LSU's D is seriously "banged-up".

Poor Glen Dorsey (All-American DT) is a mere shadow of himself virtually playing with one leg struggling the last four games. He's still plays bec. he's a "warrior"; but sprained knees generally take six weeks to completely heal; he only rested during bye week. Auburns OG-Chaz Ramsey gave him an illegal "chop-block" that could have ended his career :angry: What's crazy is he was not suspended by the SEC or Tuberville. Dorsey is (was?) projected to be an early 1st Round pick w/ McFadden.

A "True" National Champion does not make the silly mistakes that LSU does...like getting long TD Pass called back bec. of an illegal formation that would have finally put them ahead of Arkansas 28-21 in 4th qtr. Or fail to take advantage of early opportunities with TD's instead of FG's after McFadden's fumble; and bad punter giving good field position. They had been doing the "Houdini" acts much of the year and it finally caught up with them.

Being #1 or #2 for much of the season they came out with "bulls-eye" on their backs and taking other teams "best-shot" every week. It seemed to wear them down esp. the Defense. Congrats to Arkansas the came to BR and handled business.

Hopefully LSU can regroup vs. Tennessee??

To me it just seems that the team is underachieving under Les Miles. I think people complained a while back about him being too 'mild mannered'. (Something we had a problem with under our old basketball coach who was also from that area.) Seemed like he stirred things up by talking about USC at the beginning of the season but then he went back to being mild mannered again. I'm not saying you have to trash talk to get your team motivated. But it almost seems to me that he tried using that method and it didn't really fit him.

Yeah, when I saw the replay of that chop block I just about went through the roof. That was no accident, it was a perfectly executed two-man chop block that was intended to cause nothing but harm. Was it sent in from the sideline? We'll never know and I sure hope that's not the case...but it wouldn't suprise me.

Sorry Nate, I can't bare to see that play happen anymore; it's too painful to watch and totally disgust me :sick:

Wow jcasey, that's sounds intense. I have trouble controlling myself too; even when I make an effort days before not to take this stuff so seriously. It's nearly impossible eventhough it's just a game. Thanks for reading my long post.

Yeah Rod, until at least an SEC Championship is Won; Les Miles will have underachieved; even with a impressive three year record of 32-6.

Uptown, I'm a firm believer in what "goes around" -"comes around"; I predict before Ramsey's 4-years are up at Auburn something might just happen to him. He's a chump. I hope this did not co$t Dorsey $millions in the NFL. He needs to sit the Tennessee game out and be back strong for the Bowl game. That sucks, but that would be best for him and the team.

Edited by richyb83

It also looks like Jack Del Rio, current head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, is very interested in the LSU job. He has all kinds of Louisiana ties; his wife is from Lafayette, his stepdaughter graduated from LSU and lives in New Orleans, his daughter is currently attending LSU, and Del Rio himself was drafted by the Saints as a player and coached for the Saints under Mike Ditka. He lived in New Orleans for many years and comes back to the city many times during the year.

Another big name is Virgina Tech coach Frank Beamer, who apparently was interested in the LSU job after Saban left in 2004.

And it's basically a done deal that Pelini is going to Nebraska, so it looks like we're in for a "fun" time with all these coaching changes.

P.S. I've gotta say, at least Miles isn't dishonest about the situation. He may not have definitively stated that he did not want to leave LSU(and we now see why) but at least he didn't stand up there and tell us that he was staying at LSU with no if's, and's, or but's about it and nothing was going to change that...only to leave a few days later...like a certain somebody. Who was that again? ;)

Hey Nate, Jack Del Rio as LSU'S possible new HC would be fantastic! I'm stoked about that! But what about his Jacksonville Jaguars ??How could LSU pull that off?? Would he finish the season?? If they make the playoffs they could be playing in January??

I sure wish Les Miles the best no matter what happens. He's a class act IMO; a nice person.

Wreckon Tricky Nick wants the LSU job deep down?? :whistling:

Yeah Richy, I was definitely containing myself during the game, but that chop block sent me flying over the edge. Dorsey is a great guy and will be a great NFL player and to see that put in jeopardy by an intentional, illegal chop just makes me so angry. It merited the f-bomb! I also hope Ramsey gets what's coming to him.

Nate I agree with you about Les. He is a very stand up and honest guy. After what Satan did, I respect Les very much for how he is handling the situation. I think that Jack Del Rio would be an interesting pick. He would match up to the LSU style very well. He is a guy that likes to play hard-nose defense and run the ball. I'm not sure how razzle dazzle Gary Crowton, though he has not looked razzle dazzle this year, would fit in with Jack's plan. I would love to see Jack Del Rio in Baton Rouge, but I've never been a fan of Beamer.

It also looks like Jack Del Rio, current head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, is very interested in the LSU job. He has all kinds of Louisiana ties; his wife is from Lafayette, his stepdaughter graduated from LSU and lives in New Orleans, his daughter is currently attending LSU, and Del Rio himself was drafted by the Saints as a player and coached for the Saints under Mike Ditka. He lived in New Orleans for many years and comes back to the city many times during the year.

Another big name is Virgina Tech coach Frank Beamer, who apparently was interested in the LSU job after Saban left in 2004.

And it's basically a done deal that Pelini is going to Nebraska, so it looks like we're in for a "fun" time with all these coaching changes.

P.S. I've gotta say, at least Miles isn't dishonest about the situation. He may not have definitively stated that he did not want to leave LSU(and we now see why) but at least he didn't stand up there and tell us that he was staying at LSU with no if's, and's, or but's about it and nothing was going to change that...only to leave a few days later...like a certain somebody. Who was that again? ;)

Is it a done deal with Pelini? He had been on Arkansas' early list but I admit I haven't heard as much about him recently. Ironically I keep hearing Tuberville's name mentioned at Arkansas. Either way it's going to be weird in the SEC West next year with some many coaching changes. By the way next year when LSU is looking for revenge direct it to Ole Miss instead of Arkansas. :lol:

There's also alot of buzz surrounding Steve Spurrier and Rich Rodriguez of West Virginia.

Spurrier seems to be going nowhere in South Carolina, and we know what kind of coach he can be when he has talent surrounding him. Hell, he's a great coach even with mediocre players. There's really nothing to this buzz, just part of the idea that LSU can go after and pay for anyone they want. Certainly would be interesting!

I have, however, heard that there is legitimate interest in Rich Rodriguez, the current head coach of West Virginia. Before going to WV, he was an assistant coach for Tulane, which ended up (very, very stupidly) passing on him as their new head coach, instead opting for Chris Scelfo, who was fired last year. Anyway, Rodriguez went to a program in West Virginia that no one had even heard of, and in a few years brought them to a Sugar Bowl win, and they are now in the middle of the national title race. Also interesting is his noted work with running & throwing QB's. Ryan Perrilloux, anyone? ;) We also know that he is not completely tied to West Virginia, as he was only steps away from becoming the head coach at Alabama last year. Another interesting idea for a hire.

I've also heard some stuff about LSU being interested in the current head coach of Wisconsin, Bret Bielema. Apparently he is regarded highly in the coaching ranks and is greatly underpaid at Wisconsin. But that's about all I've heard about him as a possible coach.

There's also alot of buzz surrounding Steve Spurrier and Rich Rodriguez of West Virginia.

Spurrier seems to be going nowhere in South Carolina, and we know what kind of coach he can be when he has talent surrounding him. Hell, he's a great coach even with mediocre players. There's really nothing to this buzz, just part of the idea that LSU can go after and pay for anyone they want. Certainly would be interesting!

I have, however, heard that there is legitimate interest in Rich Rodriguez, the current head coach of West Virginia. Before going to WV, he was an assistant coach for Tulane, which ended up (very, very stupidly) passing on him as their new head coach, instead opting for Chris Scelfo, who was fired last year. Anyway, Rodriguez went to a program in West Virginia that no one had even heard of, and in a few years brought them to a Sugar Bowl win, and they are now in the middle of the national title race. Also interesting is his noted work with running & throwing QB's. Ryan Perrilloux, anyone? ;) We also know that he is not completely tied to West Virginia, as he was only steps away from becoming the head coach at Alabama last year. Another interesting idea for a hire.

I've also heard some stuff about LSU being interested in the current head coach of Wisconsin, Bret Bielema. Apparently he is regarded highly in the coaching ranks and is greatly underpaid at Wisconsin. But that's about all I've heard about him as a possible coach.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering who LSU might be looking into if Miles really does leave.

Wow. Can you believe what has happened today??? Well, ESPN BCS experts are saying that the NC game will be Ohio State and LSU. I will be very anxious until tomorrow night when they have the BCS game announcements. I cannot believe that LSU has a chance at the NC. Many people feel that only the Conference Champions should be able to get in the NC game, which keeps Georgia and Kansas out. Those conference champ teams are Ohio State, LSU, USC, Oklahoma and Virginia Tech. It's pretty obvious that Ohio State will get in. Look at the losses. USC lost to Stanford; Oklahoma got straight beat by Texas Tech and lost to Colorado; VT lost big to LSU; and LSU lost in triple overtime to Kentucky and Arkansas which both had Heisman contending players. I think that LSU, even though they were barely winning some tough games, should make the NC game with Ohio State. I'll be crossing my fingers until tomorrow night and hoping that all the pollsters see it the same way.

Wow...I'm still trying to figure out what went on in college football this weekend! :wacko:

But in the end the result is the same...LSU vs Ohio State in the BCS National Championship Game!!! :yahoo:

Pretty stunning huh??? Now I just wish I had tickets! I don't think I'll be getting any, Shreveport Times was reporting that they were already at $600 each today!!!

^Nice prediction jcasey!

Can yall believe it???? Things sure looked rough after the Arkansas 3 OT Loss and Les Miles supposedly already off to Michigan.

So true yall!!! What a way to cap off a wacky season! The only thing predictable was it's unpredictability :unsure: Pitt still managed to shock the nation beating West Virginia despite the refs horrible holding calls.Seems like the Big East had some kind of agenda to promote their conference??

Good to see D-Lineman #90 Ricky Jean Francois back in the line-up playing Tennessee after missing the season w/ academics issues.

Whether they call it the "default bowl" or not, the BCS got it right with LSU and Ohio State! Should be a fantastic game!! 5 weeks should be enough time for LSU to heal up; Dorsey, Doucet, Flynn, Holiday, Taylor, Beckwith, Williams, etc. And Ohio State still has a chip on their shoulders from last years smack-down from Florida.

Man...did the Saints blow it or what?? With the lead late in the game vs. division leading T.B. Bucs they blow-it trying to get fancy. Now at 5-7 they will probably need to win their 4 remaining games to have a chance for a wild-card??

Edited by richyb83

^Nice prediction jcasey!

Can yall believe it???? Things sure looked rough after the Arkansas 3 OT Loss and Les Miles supposedly already off to Michigan.

So true yall!!! What a way to cap off a wacky season! The only thing predictable was it's unpredictability :unsure: Pitt still managed to shock the nation beating West Virginia despite the refs horrible holding calls.Seems like the Big East had some kind of agenda to promote their conference??

Good to see D-Lineman #90 Ricky Jean Francois back in the line-up playing Tennessee after missing the season w/ academics issues.

Whether they call it the "default bowl" or not, the BCS got it right with LSU and Ohio State! Should be a fantastic game!! 5 weeks should be enough time for LSU to heal up; Dorsey, Doucet, Flynn, Holiday, Taylor, Beckwith, Williams, etc. And Ohio State still has a chip on their shoulders from last years smack-down from Florida.

Man...did the Saints blow it or what?? With the lead late in the game vs. division leading T.B. Bucs they blow-it trying to get fancy. Now at 5-7 they will probably need to win their 4 remaining games to have a chance for a wild-card??

I cannot take credit. It was ESPNs expert...I just relayed the prediction! I am very happy that he was right though. I think we will see the team that throttled VT earlier this year because they have five weeks to get healthy, especially Glen Dorsey. Speaking of him --

LSU DT Dorsey wins Nagurski Trophy

Yes the refs did try to help UWV win that game. It was very obvious what was going on. It was the conference trying to assure one of their own got in the NCG. And yes the Saints blew it big time. What was Payton thinking??? That was a very bonehead call. I am pretty sure the season is over, although as bad as the NFC is, you never know. Oh well, at least our Tigers will be playing in January!!! :yahoo:

Well, I'm really looking forward to just hanging out in New Orleans in early January. Hawaii fans, Georgia fans, Ohio State fans, and of course, LSU fans. I'll actually be on a mini-quest for a University of Hawaii shirt or jacket. When else would I be able to get one!? ;)

Well, I'm really looking forward to just hanging out in New Orleans in early January. Hawaii fans, Georgia fans, Ohio State fans, and of course, LSU fans. I'll actually be on a mini-quest for a University of Hawaii shirt or jacket. When else would I be able to get one!? ;)

You know, I have been hoping that Hawaii would whip Georgia, but then I thought about it. If Hawaii beats Georgia and are undefeated and LSU beats Ohio State, would we have to share the National Title again? I could envision that happening, so after thinking about it, I think it would be better if Georgia wins. I really hate wanting that. I feel so dirty!