CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Drury Inn and Suites

g-man430

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for getting this one going, g-man430. :thumbsup: I don't have photos yet, but I know that the crane is up, the footers poured, and the reenforced concrete columns are beginning to pop up from the ground level. This is going to be the pioneer midrise building for the Wooruff Road exit. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had they all been there back in 1997 the first time I drove through (between Atlanta and Charlotte), I may not have stopped to explore, but I sure would have taken note and made it a point to come back sooner. As it is, I was left with the impression of "will this road construction on I-85 ever end???" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drury Inn is expecting to pour it's roof next week.

Funny little story: as it goes, there was a thief onsite trying to steal their generator from the Temp roof and was lowering it thru the holes when his nylon rope gave way and dropped it the rest of the way sending a ball of flame up the hole and melting the rope to the thief's jacket and caused a little bit of fire damage to the structure. The would-be thief then threw his jacket in the dumpster and took off on foot. They found him walking up frontage rd...

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "fire in the hole!"

Drury Inn is expecting to pour it's roof next week.

Funny little story: as it goes, there was a thief onsite trying to steal their generator from the Temp roof and was lowering it thru the holes when his nylon rope gave way and dropped it the rest of the way sending a ball of flame up the hole and melting the rope to the thief's jacket and caused a little bit of fire damage to the structure. The would-be thief then threw his jacket in the dumpster and took off on foot. They found him walking up frontage rd...

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "fire in the hole!"

That's just about as intelligent as the guy that tried to break into Greenridge by throwing a paint can at the windows/doors. :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! With for more coming to the point, a couple apparently coming DT, that is adding a lot in a short time. I remember a report coming out last year showing that Gville had something like 8,800 rooms, which is more than Buffalo, NY and several other larger cities. Anyone know where to find an updated ranking on this sort of thing?

Archived