Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g-man430

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Drury Inn and Suites

Thanks for getting this one going, g-man430. :thumbsup: I don't have photos yet, but I know that the crane is up, the footers poured, and the reenforced concrete columns are beginning to pop up from the ground level. This is going to be the pioneer midrise building for the Wooruff Road exit. :D

This hotel should really have a impact on the 85 skyline.If you add it with Hubble, ICAR, and the still unanounced St. Francis property which is sure to be at least a midrise this area will look great.

This hotel should really have a impact on the 85 skyline.If you add it with Hubble, ICAR, and the still unanounced St. Francis property which is sure to be at least a midrise this area will look great.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had they all been there back in 1997 the first time I drove through (between Atlanta and Charlotte), I may not have stopped to explore, but I sure would have taken note and made it a point to come back sooner. As it is, I was left with the impression of "will this road construction on I-85 ever end???" :lol:

I noticed it is up to the third floor in places now. Looking very nice from the interstate. I hope the other hotels follow shortly behind, but I have not heard much recently, or have at least forgotten their status.

Not to change the subject totally, but what is the story on the Hilton Garden Inn that is supposedly going next to the Drury Inn at the Point? I thought it was a definite, but I have not heard a timeline on when construction is supposed to begin. Anyone know?

Yesterday evening right at sunset, we exited off of I-385 South Bound onto Woodruff and drove toward Greenridge....this building is starting to have an impact on the skyline, too. Perhaps it was just the extra drama provided by the setting sun, but it stands out! :shades:

Drury Inn is expecting to pour it's roof next week.

Funny little story: as it goes, there was a thief onsite trying to steal their generator from the Temp roof and was lowering it thru the holes when his nylon rope gave way and dropped it the rest of the way sending a ball of flame up the hole and melting the rope to the thief's jacket and caused a little bit of fire damage to the structure. The would-be thief then threw his jacket in the dumpster and took off on foot. They found him walking up frontage rd...

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "fire in the hole!"

Drury Inn is expecting to pour it's roof next week.

Funny little story: as it goes, there was a thief onsite trying to steal their generator from the Temp roof and was lowering it thru the holes when his nylon rope gave way and dropped it the rest of the way sending a ball of flame up the hole and melting the rope to the thief's jacket and caused a little bit of fire damage to the structure. The would-be thief then threw his jacket in the dumpster and took off on foot. They found him walking up frontage rd...

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "fire in the hole!"

That's just about as intelligent as the guy that tried to break into Greenridge by throwing a paint can at the windows/doors. :rofl:

Heard this morning that Drury is scouting out locations for a second Greenville area hotel. Hearing they are looking at one location of 385 in Simpsonville and another off 85 closer to Spartanburg.

Heard this morning that Drury is scouting out locations for a second Greenville area hotel. Hearing they are looking at one location of 385 in Simpsonville and another off 85 closer to Spartanburg.

HMMM! it's apparently a hot market

WOW! With for more coming to the point, a couple apparently coming DT, that is adding a lot in a short time. I remember a report coming out last year showing that Gville had something like 8,800 rooms, which is more than Buffalo, NY and several other larger cities. Anyone know where to find an updated ranking on this sort of thing?