CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Drury Inn and Suites

g-man430

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

No problem! Glad to help out, if only in a small way. :)

G-man430 may be right about the Hilton Garden Inn; I have not heard anything else about it. Will it be as high as the Drury?

I am not sure how tall the Hilton Garden Inn will be, but I assume it will be at least 4-5 stories.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, by Greenville Standards, it's pretty big...especially for Interstate-side hotels. It looks like construction prep work has begun in the area around the Point for the other hotels, too, so I expect to see those rising soon.

I have a couple of questions about The Point.

Where will the additional hotels go?

Will they eventually close the Frontage Rd and let the Road next to Circuit City extend to Salters Rd? (my two cents- I sure hope so, I'd rather have buildings up on 85. BUT they just extended the road AND added a side road to connect to Frontage... but then again Frontage road has the awkward and dangerous turn that must not be permanent... ) anyone know?

Also, is there any sort of time table for South Financial?

I *think* I can answer part of that, but not the entire question with any certainty.

The road between Circuit City and the Drury Inn & Suites (Carolina Point Parkway) has been extended on past Fibers Drive (the road that goes past Drexel Heritage to the Frontage Road). It's currently closed off. However, the property between Carolina Point Parkway and the Frontage Road looks to be getting cleared and prepared for construction. I believe this is where at least a couple of the new hotels will be going. The other is going next do the Drury Inn & Suites, from what I recall reading somewhere (perhaps on U.P.). I'd have to check the Greenville County GIS site to try to verify this, though.

I agree with you 100% here, too. It would be nice if Carolina Point Parkway were made to extend all the way to Old Sulphur Springs Road and if the I-85 Frontage Road were turned into development sites fronting the interstate for maximum exposure.

Map for Reference from Yahoo Local (Beta).

• 5 months later...

Archived