Carowinds

monsoon

Info is spilling before it is supposed to, but don't believe everything you read,  I will be at the press conference Thursday and will be sure to report here then!

I will share this: http://carowindsconnection.com/download/file.php?id=1404

a visual on what its "estimated" to look like

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

Looks like a green intimidator to me.

I hope they still have the Goldrush ride and Ricochet . I wish Supersaturator was still around (why did they take it away?)

I am super excited though that Carowinds becomes a better & better park :)

I agree that it looks almost just like Intimidator, only bigger. I think that they may have removed the Supersaturator because not as many people were riding it anymore?

Looks like a green intimidator to me.

I am excited for it, but it does have more similarities than I'd like in a park as modestly sized as ours. B&M, hyper/giga coaster, probably the same train style, similar out-and-back layout. However it looks like it will provide a different ride, being more focused on high-speed overbanked turns rather than the airtime hills of Intimidator, and being almost 100ft taller it should be much faster. I know this is premature but the leaked blueprints and the resulting mockups seem pretty consistent and makes me think they are very close to the real thing. 

I agree that it looks almost just like Intimidator, only bigger. I think that they may have removed the Supersaturator because not as many people were riding it anymore?

It had mechanical issues all the time too. I haven't been to Carowinds in years, but in HS, I had season passes every year. The Super Saturator seemed like it was broken half the time.

• Like 1

Again, look no farther than Canada's Wonderland, this is similar to Leviathan and Intimidator is similar to Behemoth. Cedar Fair has established this behavior already, so it is not really a surprise they have to similar. But yes, Intimidator is all about air time, Fury is 100000% pure speed. I have no issue with this at all. These coasters will stand the test of time much longer than a winged coaster or 4D will....I can not wait for this.

To summarize:

325ft

95mph

This thing is a BEAST. Fury 325 will pass over guests going into the park 4 times (through the new front gate)

Some articles:

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/outside_the_loop/2014/08/cedar-fair-adding-giant-coaster-to-carowinds.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/21/5119772/carowinds-to-get-one-of-the-worlds.html#.U_Yg_4BdVXA

and here is the POV

this thing is going to be amazing

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

Let's not forget an 81º drop and 6602 feet of track. That's nearly 1300 feet more track than Intimidator and 7º steeper than Intimidators..

Also, the days of big pamphlet press kits are numbered. Take a look at the Fury 325 press kit. It's a flash drive molded to fit snuggly into the side of the hornet. All the photos and videos shown in todays presentation and even some B-rolls that were not part of the presentation are on there. Nice to be able to put a press kit in your pocket for a change...They also gave away green glasses with honeycombed lenses. 

They did open Intimidator for us junkies to get our thrills. All I could imagine when we crested the top was "wow, Fury 325 will be 100 feet taller than this!!!"...

Another image from the flash drive.

post-9912-0-77759300-1408680255_thumb.jp

post-9912-0-24934700-1408680662_thumb.jp

• Like 1