Carowinds

monsoon

I always enjoyed the Hurler too. That thing would throw you around like crazy. Masochistic is definitely an appropiate word there.

I am surprised to find out that there are 14 coasters. I honestly thought it was closer to 8 or maybe 9. The fact that they are wanting to make the park THE coaster park of the south is pretty cool. I'm sure that number will climb in the near future.

• Like 1

I always enjoyed the Hurler too. That thing would throw you around like crazy. Masochistic is definitely an appropiate word there.

I am surprised to find out that there are 14 coasters. I honestly thought it was closer to 8 or maybe 9. The fact that they are wanting to make the park THE coaster park of the south is pretty cool. I'm sure that number will climb in the near future.

It already is the coaster park of the south though. That's what I don't understand when they say that haha.

It already is the coaster park of the south though. That's what I don't understand when they say that haha.

Honestly I don't think its until Fury is completed that we can take that title, and you could still make a sound argument that Six Flags Georgia and Kings Dominion have more large, high-quality coasters even if none of them are record-breaking. 

Honestly I don't think its until Fury is completed that we can take that title, and you could still make a sound argument that Six Flags Georgia and Kings Dominion have more large, high-quality coasters even if none of them are record-breaking. 

Having been to both, I will say even with Fury, Kings Dominion is better. But Six Flags Over Georgia is pretty close, I would argue with Fury we overtake them.

Kings Dominion has Volcano, Intimidator, Dominator, Grizzly, Flight of Fear (borders the line), Avalanche is unique and awesome and Anaconda is okay

Six Flags Over Georgia has Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Dare Devil Dive, Superman, and Great American Scream Machine is okay.

Looks like Carowinds will not only be adding a world class coaster in 2015, but also a Sling Shot ride like this one at Cedar Point according to this article today in the CBJ. This has been rumored for a while but this article practically confirms it. Wow! 2015 is shaping up to be pretty exciting at Carowinds.

Yup mentioned that last page, but those are pretty fun, cheap and easy for amusement parks to add and promote.

Yup mentioned that last page, but those are pretty fun, cheap and easy for amusement parks to add and promote.

Looks like a cool addition for sure, but I have to assume it'll be an additional charge attraction, maybe even reservation-based, since it is so low-frequency. The lines would be atrocious if it were general admission with what, 2 riders every 3-5 minutes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I've seen mention of Cabela's somewhere on the site before, but the search function isn't working.  

I went by there Saturday around lunch time, I was going to take my boy for an adventure during the rainy weather. As I was approaching Carowinds Blvd from 77, I saw cars parking along the service roads around the store. Noped the F out of my plan. I'm looking forward to checking out the store when it isn't a zoo.  

Has anyone been yet? Impression vs. Bass Pro? 

I can't yet say why, when or how, but Fury 325 is... just wow. Carowinds is definitely moving in the right direction putting in ish like this. Wow.

Would it matter to a laymen? I mean, I can't think of what classified information would make this anymore spectacular