{advertisement="MMFP"} Norfolk Arts and Entertainment - Page 10 - Norfolk - UrbanPlanet.org Jump to content

skylinefan

Norfolk Arts and Entertainment

1 hour ago, BFG said:

New high-end sneaker store and bakery coming to the district. Nearby business owners feel hopeful this could be the spark the District needs to grow.

https://pilotonline.com/business/consumer/article_43d997b8-5633-11e9-aa1c-873a2d91e64c.html

The work done by Cardinal Skate Shop looks really good. But I think the biggest catalyst for this will be the new TCC building. It will just change the entire vibe of that stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeagleAccountant said:

The work done by Cardinal Skate Shop looks really good. But I think the biggest catalyst for this will be the new TCC building. It will just change the entire vibe of that stretch.

Speaking of which, when is the Greyhound station slated to close / be demo’d?

• Like 1

The city received $900,000 for a streetscaping project. It's looking to improve sidewalks, traffic signals and more with community input... The city is looking for ideas about sidewalks, traffic signals and pedestrian improvements along Granby Street between Brambleton Avenue and Virginia Beach Boulevard... The project is expected to be done by November 2020.

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/news/local/mycity/norfolk/norfolk-moves-forward-with-improving-neon-district/291-184bf04a-7cb1-4996-b5fc-182b6822a522

Wish I could've made this meeting. I have some ideas, even though it's not about improving the sidewalks or anything.

It’s a possibility that the TCC arts building may not happen. There’s some behind-the-scenes issues, including a holdup with fundraising. The article mentions the pandemic, but doesn’t blame this project on that.

Hot take, but I’m at the point where I don’t wanna hear about any major projects in this area unless there’s 150% evidence and proof that it’s gonna happen. I’m tired of things being kicked down the road. 

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/education/vp-nw-tcc-reconsidering-neon-district-project-20201119-deum5wizzfe5xe3rw43mt73l3i-story.html

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, BFG said:

It’s a possibility that the TCC arts building may not happen. There’s some behind-the-scenes issues, including a holdup with fundraising. The article mentions the pandemic, but doesn’t blame this project on that.

Hot take, but I’m at the point where I don’t wanna hear about any major projects in this area unless there’s 150% evidence and proof that it’s gonna happen. I’m tired of things being kicked down the road. 

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/education/vp-nw-tcc-reconsidering-neon-district-project-20201119-deum5wizzfe5xe3rw43mt73l3i-story.html

This is really disappointing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BFG said:

I was home this weekend. The bus station was completely empty, did I miss something?

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, Asdfjkl; said:

d’Art Center is moving to a new location on Bousch Street with 14 apartments above. 
38555BE7-EBE9-4AD6-93E7-737FFD52AABA.thumb.jpeg.f7ba2c9b3b6e913fa92ada15edc20270.jpeg

Additional renderings - WPA 740 Boush Street

That is awesome, so glad to see the D'Art Center still around. I for the life of me can't remember the building they used to be in back in the '90s before they moved to the Sheldon Arcade.

21 minutes ago, urbanlife said:

That is awesome, so glad to see the D'Art Center still around. I for the life of me can't remember the building they used to be in back in the '90s before they moved to the Sheldon Arcade.

They were on Boush St at College Pl on property that is now part of Harbor Heights  I believe. 

16 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

They were on Boush St at College Pl on property that is now part of Harbor Heights  I believe. 

Yeah, I vaguely remember that, I just don't remember what the building looked like anymore. I do remember visiting it from time to time, it was always such a treat seeing all those artist studios functioning.

• Like 1