Development in Clay County

jandar

No sorry, no pictures yet. The OLTC is across the street from Publix on Argyle Forest Blvd and Old Middlebug Road. It stretches West to almost Chaffee Road. Looks like whatever it is is going to be HUGE. I followed the links to the architectural developer's concept drawings, and they look great, but being in the Engineering field, I know that artistic rendereings are just that, and rarely are constructed in the manner they are presented. (Value Engineering we call it).

Anyone know what's going into the dust bowl across the street from OLTC? It's been cleared for about a year, with "coming soon shopping center" signs. On Saturday, the dust blowing out there was so bad, it literally looked like a sandstorm.

An update on the Super Walmart on Brannan Field and Blanding Blvd. We drove past there last week, it looks like the shell is almost complete. Lots of brick. Looks nice for such a large building. It doesn't look like the Home Depot has been started yet, but Kimco's website sows an updated tenant list.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! How far is the Super Walmart on Brannan Field from OLP? Is the traffic getting better?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! How far is the Super Walmart on Brannan Field from OLP? Is the traffic getting better?

Both the Super Walmart and the Home Depot are about 4 miles South of Oakleaf Plantation. I live in Phase 2 of Oakleaf which is a little farther south than phase 1 on the west side of Chaffee/Brannan Field Road. I leave for work at 6:00 am to avoid the traffic, but even then, I take the long way around Oakleaf to the stoplight at Chaffee and Argyle Forest Blvd. If I went straight out Oakleaf Plantation Parkway to chaffee, I'd sit there for several minutes waiting for a break in the traffic coming from the south (from Middleburg and Blanding Blvd). I've noticed that there are signs at each of these intersections stating that they are limited access temporary access to Chaffee Road. I know Oakleaf has an overpass on the long-range board that will connect Phase 1 and Phase 2 without having to deal with Chaffee Road.

Once the 4-laning is complete between Argyle Forest and 103rd Street (July 2006), it should help, but all I can forsee is a massive traffic jam at 103rd street where everyone and their brother is merging from the fast lane in the right lane. It's the same way now on Argyle Forest where the 4 lane stops and the merge is about 100 ft long. (They're supposed to complete the 4-lane all the way out to Watermill starting this summer). At least the extension from 103rd street to I-10 is nearing. From what the FDOT website states, land aquisition is supposed to be complete this year with construction starting in late 2007. That'll 4 lane it from Argyle Forest all the way to I-10 with a new interchange at I-10 a little farther west than the existing one.

Both the Super Walmart and the Home Depot are about 4 miles South of Oakleaf Plantation. I live in Phase 2 of Oakleaf which is a little farther south than phase 1 on the west side of Chaffee/Brannan Field Road. I leave for work at 6:00 am to avoid the traffic, but even then, I take the long way around Oakleaf to the stoplight at Chaffee and Argyle Forest Blvd. If I went straight out Oakleaf Plantation Parkway to chaffee, I'd sit there for several minutes waiting for a break in the traffic coming from the south (from Middleburg and Blanding Blvd). I've noticed that there are signs at each of these intersections stating that they are limited access temporary access to Chaffee Road. I know Oakleaf has an overpass on the long-range board that will connect Phase 1 and Phase 2 without having to deal with Chaffee Road.

Once the 4-laning is complete between Argyle Forest and 103rd Street (July 2006), it should help, but all I can forsee is a massive traffic jam at 103rd street where everyone and their brother is merging from the fast lane in the right lane. It's the same way now on Argyle Forest where the 4 lane stops and the merge is about 100 ft long. (They're supposed to complete the 4-lane all the way out to Watermill starting this summer). At least the extension from 103rd street to I-10 is nearing. From what the FDOT website states, land aquisition is supposed to be complete this year with construction starting in late 2007. That'll 4 lane it from Argyle Forest all the way to I-10 with a new interchange at I-10 a little farther west than the existing one.

Very informative. Thanks!

Bjj1839,

I know that this is irrelevant to the forum thread, but do you know anyone who do lawn care (mowing/edging in particular) in phase II OLP? Thanks

Very informative. Thanks!

Bjj1839,

I know that this is irrelevant to the forum thread, but do you know anyone who do lawn care (mowing/edging in particular) in phase II OLP? Thanks

If you go to the Oakleaf Residents Website there are several listings for Lawn care and maintenence. Follow the link for Community Classifieds / Home Improvement.

Oakleaf Residents

• 2 months later...

OLTC is still "breaking" ground.

SuperWalmart, still the shell, but at least its all brick and not stucco.

The Homedepot center has some buildings now, but still no asphalt on the ground and they have the rough-in done for plumbing for the rest of the site, its moving along pretty well.

I need to get there with a camera, especially since I live a mile from it.

• 2 weeks later...

OLTC is still "breaking" ground.

SuperWalmart, still the shell, but at least its all brick and not stucco.

The Homedepot center has some buildings now, but still no asphalt on the ground and they have the rough-in done for plumbing for the rest of the site, its moving along pretty well.

I need to get there with a camera, especially since I live a mile from it.

What's being built in front of publix? Oakleaf Twncntr and what else? It's a huge space.... How's the crime rate in our area?

What's being built in front of publix? Oakleaf Twncntr and what else? It's a huge space.... How's the crime rate in our area?

In front of Publix...on the same side of the road or across the street? Publix = don't know...must be outparcels. Across the street...Oakleaf Towncenter is the only thing as far as I know. If you look on Sembler's website the entire tract of land over there is supposed to be OLTC. Now, on the opposite of the road on the corner of Branan Field and Argyle...I don't know if anything is planned for that yet. Apparently something was at one time because they cleared that land way back in the beginning when OakLeaf first got underway.

Super WalMart on Branan Field is going to be finished soon. Both the SWM site and Home Depot are progressing very fast.

Over in Fleming Island...some unknown restaurant very near completion (Chili's I think). Mellow Mushroom, Kanki Japanese Steakhouse, Blue Grotto (by Sarnelli family of Sarnelli's on SR17)...all set to break ground within 30 days. 10-screen theater still on the drawing board.

New website detailing construction phases of Branan Field-Chaffee Expressway

http://www.bfcxpress.com/

Just FYI's for anyone interested :)

:blink:

How quick does CLAY county police respond whenever they're called into action? Does someone know if they're planning to improve police service? (since CLAY is quickly developing)

:blink:

My impression is that they respond just as fast if not faster than any other place. We had an emergency on our street just last week and they were here very fast...of course a lot them live in this subdivision so maybe that's not very accurate. You can check the statistics on their web site...they publish a very detailed report every year - response times, crime statistics, etc. I think they actually have what seems to be an abundance of officers because I see them everywhere...and I tend to speed so that's not always a great thing. :blink:

http://www.claysheriff.com/00_06_0Report.asp

Yup,

the firefighters for Oakleaf/Argyle (clay county side) are staying in the Old Jennings area firehouse right now.

The station they had was torn down before they finished the new one in Oakleaf.

for the record though:

it took 20 minutes on a saturday night @ 1AM for the ambulance to show up when my infant son choked and turned blue(had reflux) last year.

Yup,

the firefighters for Oakleaf/Argyle (clay county side) are staying in the Old Jennings area firehouse right now.

The station they had was torn down before they finished the new one in Oakleaf.

for the record though:

it took 20 minutes on a saturday night @ 1AM for the ambulance to show up when my infant son choked and turned blue(had reflux) last year.

That's not good (re: response time). Scary.

Old Jennings fire house?? I live off Old Jennings...in the back of Fox Meadow (the side with the big Catholic church on the corner)...was never a fire house here that I know of. There is one in Middleburg proper, but even then, we are a Grade 9 over here as far as home owner's insurance. Grade 10 is the highest. The first few years I lived here it was being reported incorrectly (I think a 3) by the fire dept (they rate themselves), and once it was corrected, HO went up big time, more than doubled. We have wells in all of Fox Meadow, so that is a big part of it, but if you are outside of a five-mile radius that will raise your rating right there, plus they rate themselves according to their response time, which they admit is not the best. Hopefully with the Oakleaf station things will improve.

PS - I'll pay extra for HOs just not to have even the remote possibility of a snake (or snakes!) coming up through any of the drains in my house. Apparently, when you have a well, there is no opening between the well and the house that they can get into, unlike being on the city water system. YUCK! SNAKES - EWWW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've never gotten around to taking any pictures of all the construction going on around here...but here is a link to a recent article which has some pictures of the new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Both stores are new concept stores and the architectural style is very different...especially Wal-Mart.

Branan Field Development

Over at OakLeaf Town Center...Super Target is taking shape and has stacked stone styling on the exterior. Looking good. I'm confident the town center is going to look very nice and fit in well at completion.

They've also broken ground on the new grocery-anchored shopping center which will be a second Publix for the OakLeaf area (on the side with the golf course community of Eagle Landing).

On the opposite side construction has finally gone vertical on OakLeaf Village Center. I bought an investment home there so I am excited about that.

• 1 year later...

Archived