Tha Big 3!

motonenterprises

Yeah, Francis Marion is a Westin. I thought they had a Hyatt?

Actually, the Francis Marion used to be operated by Wesin but it's not anymore.

Here's the link to the hotel website:

http://www.thefrancismarion.com/

Here's the link to the Starwood-operated hotels in Charleston (only the Sheraton):

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/searc...mberOfAdults=01

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah based Sportsman Warehouse will be opening a 60,000-square-foot store at this location on Piney Grove Road in late Aug/Sept. The project is looking to spark a redevelopment boom along Piney Grove Road at the interstate.

Check it out in the Business section of the state.

As of now its the only one in the state that I know of.

Yup, cool stuff.

On that note, from the State business section...looks like Cola is going to LOSE a well known retailer.

Bye Bye Office Max

What a defensive statement.

The Upstate has several locations alongside several Staples, Office Depots, and others, so they aren't "clearly" a thing of the past yet. That being said, I agree that Staples is the best overall store out of the rest and the best to have in any town. :)

What a defensive statement.

The Upstate has several locations alongside several Staples, Office Depots, and others, so they aren't "clearly" a thing of the past yet. That being said, I agree that Staples is the best overall store out of the rest and the best to have in any town. :)

I really didn't mean anything by it!!! I gues it came out the wrong way. But Staples and office depots clearly ran office max out of buisness in cola. It's just so much competition now. when office max 1st came to cola in the early 90's it was one of the first stores of it's kind.Now, it just too much competition...

I've always preferred Office Depot because of the one on Laurens Rd and for the same reason I dont like Office Max at all. Their store on Laurens had a horrible layout and was understaffed when I've been in there. I'm sure their new location on Woodruff is great, but I've been turned off to them by them and besides, who'd want to fight Woodruff Rd traffic when Office Depot is more convienient (to me). :shades:

In Greenville, the Monterrey's by Haywood Mall & off Batesville Rd next to Publix are great! :thumbsup: The one on Wade Hampton in Taylors is terrible!

Hey, I always liked the one on Wade Hampton...who else would serve a 16 yr old beer?java script:emoticon(':rofl:', 'smid_14')

:rofl:

Its crazy how many electronic/toy stores have closed at Haywood Mall......Kaybee closed, Sam Goody and Suncoast are closing.......and Wet Seal has closed, is there a wet seal left in SC? Myrlte Beach maybe?

Apparently the heavy saturation of stores selling toys, electronics, DVDs, and music all around the area outside the mall caused them to look closer at the profitability of their locations inside. Also, the targeted range of age seems to have changed over the years. But I think it is mostly due to so many other stores around the area.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit different from the rest of the stuff mentioned here, but it's unique nonetheless.

On the Weather Channel, in areas that do not get their own forecast at the bottom of the screen or for 'local on the 8's', weather for major cities across the nation are given. Greenville is the only SC city to be mentioned on this. So, throughout the day, Greenville is flashed up on the bottom of the screen with its local temperature and then on the 8's, Greenville's current conditions and forecast are broadcast across the US with other cities of importance. :)

Iv'e seen that before, but also whenever regional cities are listed such as when they zoom into sections of the southeast, northeast, etc.. Iv'e noticed that Columbia is the only SC city that is listed on the regional map. :shades:

Charleston is also listed on the regional map. I know this b/c I look at the weather channel at work for 8 hours :shok: .

Archived