Tha Big 3!

motonenterprises

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Backyward Burgers in Greenville?

Is the Rock Bottom in Chas, the same as Rock Bottom Brewery in Charlotte?

Backyard Burger is off of Halton Road and Congaree Road, just behind Rafferty's.

If we're into local franchises, then the Stax restaurants are top of the line.

I know I've seen a Sharper Image store somewhere in Greenville.

Chief's Wings and Firewater in Greenville

BTW, it seems like Jack In The Box built a store on every block in and around Greenville! You're never more than a couple minutes drive from the nearest location.

Let's see.......

...Alot of you forgot the retail differences and only mentioned restaurants.......look how much Columbia is lacking....Capital City is lagging behind.....

Great list, Temeteron! I do have one question dealing with Don Pedros. Are you sure that's the correct name of the restaurant, or is it Don Pablos? If it is Don Pablos, Chas did have one along with G'ville on Rivers Avenue...it is now a north area Wild Wings.

Here's a Charleston franchise I'm pretty certain no one else in this state has: Salsarita's. It's great Mexican, served similarly to Moe's, but it has much better, more authentic Mexican. They also have great margaritas and a better atmosphere. I know there are none in Cola, but G'ville may have some. Can anybody confirm that?

Wet Seal does have a location in Spartanburg at Westagate though.

Salsarita's is not authenitic mexican. Its more of that Tex-Mex thing, like Moe's. Authentic mexican food is not good unless its made by mexicans. Monterrey's is a large chain, as well as Corona's. I am a fan of the La Hacienda chain in Chas- specifically downtown, and Casa Linda on Beltline in Columbia. Monterreys in Cayce is popular though, as is San Jose on Garners Ferry.

One key thing about mexican chains is that they vary from place to place. Sometimes you get a Monterreys that is great. Sometimes you don't. Its funny how that works.

Spartan, I have been to many of the places you've stated in Cola, and I'm just not that impressed with the food or the service. Now I am spoiled...I lived in Colorado for 4 years, and the Mexican food out there was impressive, to say the least, as well as the service.

I guess I confused Salsarita's in that category. I definitely think it is better than Moe's; it has more variety, better tasting food (IMO), and better atmosphere and decor. Moe's does have good service, so it still is a pleasant experience. However, about the only decent Mexican I've found in Cola is San Jose's on Garners Ferry. Their service was great and the food was pretty good. I haven't eaten at the one on Sparkleberry just down from our house because my wife is not a big fan of them... :cry:

Spartan, I have been to many of the places you've stated in Cola, and I'm just not that impressed with the food or the service. Now I am spoiled...I lived in Colorado for 4 years, and the Mexican food out there was impressive, to say the least, as well as the service.

I guess I confused Salsarita's in that category. I definitely think it is better than Moe's; it has more variety, better tasting food (IMO), and better atmosphere and decor. Moe's does have good service, so it still is a pleasant experience. However, about the only decent Mexican I've found in Cola is San Jose's on Garners Ferry. Their service was great and the food was pretty good. I haven't eaten at the one on Sparkleberry just down from our house because my wife is not a big fan of them... :cry:

The one in Cayce is Monterreys... Unless there is another furthur out. I don't like Salsarita's or Moe's, or any outher Tex-mex/ southwestern style as much. I personally don't consider them mexican places. I have heard many that the Mexican food closer to Mexico is much better, so that doesn't suprise me :)

In Greenville, the Monterrey's by Haywood Mall & off Batesville Rd next to Publix are great! :thumbsup: The one on Wade Hampton in Taylors is terrible!

The Monterrey in Cayce is part of the same chain (and it's not that good). I found it interesting that this particular chain (or family, as it may be more appropriate) has locations in Minnesota! :blink:

The one in Cayce in Monterreys... Unless there is another furthur out. I don't like Salsarita's or Moe's, or any outher Tex-mex/ southwestern style as much. I personally don't consider them mexican places. I have heard many that the Mexican food closer to Mexico is much better, so that doesn't suprise me :)

My woman is from Houston, and she's given me a proper education in what is good mexican food! :thumbsup:

Archived