Tha Big 3!

motonenterprises

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen Spartanburg on the regional maps as well. It just depends on what scale they are using. TWC sucks though. If they'd stop showing storm stories and report the weather i'd me more inclined to watch more frequently.

:thumbsup: I wholeheartedly agree. I think TWC has been worried more about ratings rather than what is really important: 24-hour updates on the weather.

On Chas, (it seems like I've had to be my hometown's defender in practically every frickin' subject, and I'm getting tired of it!) the city does come on the regional map, it just depends on what time of the day it is. In the mornings, Chas is usually displayed, then Cola in the afternoon.

Now, on Fox and Friends, during the weather report, Chas is the ONLY city in the Carolinas placed on the map in the South next to Atlanta and Miami! I think they know Chas is more than just a tourist village, and an important city in the Southeast.

I think showing up depends more on where you're located. You can't say Greenville, Charleston, and Columbia on a regional map because there's no room. Charleston may fit better on some and Columbia may fit better on some. You have to remember Charleston can be written on most because the ocean is there for the taking... Take it for what it's worth, but I hardly think it says anything about a city.

There is one on 290 in Duncan right near 85 that is excellent. The name escpares me though/

It's El Molcajete!!! I used to work right down the road from there and would go once a week for lunch.

They also have a location in Greenville at E. North St and Pelham.

That's one of the places I miss now that I've moved.

They actually have decent eggrolls. I tried one for the first time a few weeks ago as a substitute for fries, and they're acutally alright.

Hey, how about Wild Wings? That franchise, based in HHI, is on fire! They have the best dang wings in the state, hands down (or should I say wings down . . hehe). The Charleston area now has 3, Spartanburg has one downtown (cool location, and helping S'burg's renaissance), Greenville I believe has one, and now FINALLY Columbia has 1, with 2 more coming! The one that will be the most popular is the downtown/Vista location. Can't wait!!

As for stores, Charleston now has a Pottery Barn, a Brooks Brothers and an Urban Outfitters, as well as those mentioned earlier in the string. Do any other S.C. towns have these three? I know the Pottery Barn is the only S.C. location, dang it!

Cheers All!

Hey, how about Wild Wings? That franchise, based in HHI, is on fire! They have the best dang wings in the state, hands down (or should I say wings down . . hehe). The Charleston area now has 3, Spartanburg has one downtown (cool location, and helping S'burg's renaissance), Greenville I believe has one, and now FINALLY Columbia has 1, with 2 more coming! The one that will be the most popular is the downtown/Vista location. Can't wait!!

As for stores, Charleston now has a Pottery Barn, a Brooks Brothers and an Urban Outfitters, as well as those mentioned earlier in the string. Do any other S.C. towns have these three? I know the Pottery Barn is the only S.C. location, dang it!

Cheers All!

Actually Greenville just got a Pottery Barn at Haywood Mall

Greenville has had a HOT Wild Wing Cafe for many years. It isn't the main attraction like the one is in downtown Spartanburg, but Greenville's probably stays busier annually. I guess it was covered in another forum that Belk is currently only located in the Greenville area, right? There are three in and around Greenville, that I can think of.

Greenville has had a HOT Wild Wing Cafe for many years. It isn't the main attraction like the one is in downtown Spartanburg, but Greenville's probably stays busier annually. I guess it was covered in another forum that Belk is currently only located in the Greenville area, right? There are three in and around Greenville, that I can think of.

I think his point is that its a main feature in Spartanburg. Everyone knows there are more people in Greenville. And considering Spartanburg's has barely been open a year, its hard to say. All I know is that I have yet to go to Wild Wings and not have to wait a minute for a table.

Greenville has had a HOT Wild Wing Cafe for many years. It isn't the main attraction like the one is in downtown Spartanburg, but Greenville's probably stays busier annually. I guess it was covered in another forum that Belk is currently only located in the Greenville area, right?

I was asking earlier if there was more than one Belk in Greenville, but are you saying Belk is only in G'ville? :huh: There are 3 in Cola and 3 in Chas.

I noticed G'ville is the only city with Swoozie's. Holy cow, my wife loved that store. :rolleyes: It is definitely a girly store, and it currently is the only one in the state.

Actually Greenville just got a Pottery Barn at Haywood Mall

Cool, glad to hear Greenville has a Pottery Barn now. My neice who lives in G'ville will be making a bee-line to their doors, if she isn't already! The last I checked PB's website, Charleston's was the only one listed, and it just opened when I lived there in 2004. Hope they open one here (Columbia), too, soon.

Cheers

You are right, Greenville's is very popular, and has been around awhile. Since Wild Wings is putting more than one now in each of the other two "Big 3", Greenville will surely get one or two more. I think one downtown would be logical. Also, one closer to Clemson, perhaps in Easley? Or maybe on the Furman side of town. They have a huge appeal to college-age folks, especially when they convert into a live music venue/bar after 10pm or so. Also, their prices are a bargain, plenty of beer at hand, and bar food extraordinare. I used to see many older than 25 regulars as well when I'd go each and every Wednesday night for 2-fer night! Families with kids, everybody, really. And Spartan is right about the wait. It's just a popular place.

Cheers

A correction to my earlier post, Greenville has 2 Belk locations (with Gville addresses), and Easley has one. I guess Simpsonville does not? :blush: So still 3 overall.

More Wild Wings in Greenville would be great. Furman students go to the one downtown so I wouldn't look to put one up that way. I'd say one toward Easley and one in Simpsonville/Woodruff Rd. Maybe where the Pawley's resturant is...?

Archived