City Council Furious at State over Zoning

monsoon

Looks like the pro-developer city council and mayor are quite upset of the new zoning law enacted by the NC Legislature. From what I can tell, it only requires the council to say that a zoning does or does not meet the local plan for zoning. It seems like a good thing to me. Why would the Mayor in particular and some on the city council be so upset over that?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the pro-developer city council and mayor are quite upset of the new zoning law enacted by the NC Legislature. From what I can tell, it only requires the council to say that a zoning does or does not meet the local plan for zoning. It seems like a good thing to me. Why would the Mayor in particular and some on the city council be so upset over that?

Did this happen at the most recent City Council meeting or was there something in the paper that I missed? I am a bit lost, but very interested in finding out more about this. If you have any type of direction that would help me in educating myself on this particular subject, I would be thankful and that is the Truth the Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth.

Have a Great Day-If Not-Make it a GREAT DAY!!!!

I saw the meeting and it was disappointing to see the mayor rant and rave like a spoiled kid. It's no wonder we can't build a relationship with our state legislators. I have no clue what was accomplished handling the issue this way. That's not a leader if you ask me.

Archived