Ashland City Condos

MidTenn1

Looks like the possible construction of the ten-story condos in Ashland City took another step in the right direction. With a big full page ad in this morning's paper, it becomes a serious project.

Harpeth Shoals Condos

It is interesting that they have confidence to build something of this scope this in a small town, 25 miles away from Nashville. Maybe they are aiming at retirees with boats, considering the convenient access to the Harpeth Shoals Marina under construction by the County. I hope it leads to some more development and better retail options throughout the area.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a great project. They have been working on the marina for a while. They have to dig a huge trench first. It will be a good fit here I think. There are several subdivisions going in here and Hidden Lakes is the high dollar one with the lots going for 50 to 80 thousand. That's not much in Franklin and Brentwood, but who would have considered Ashland City. With Bells Bend going in off Old Hickory Blvd @ the Hwy 12 side, there will be a lot more growth up here. I live only 5 minutes or so away from the new condos and from where I live I can be in downtown in about 20 minutes. I will try to keep my eyes open as construction starts.

This will be a great project. They have been working on the marina for a while. They have to dig a huge trench first. It will be a good fit here I think. There are several subdivisions going in here and Hidden Lakes is the high dollar one with the lots going for 50 to 80 thousand. That's not much in Franklin and Brentwood, but who would have considered Ashland City. With Bells Bend going in off Old Hickory Blvd @ the Hwy 12 side, there will be a lot more growth up here. I live only 5 minutes or so away from the new condos and from where I live I can be in downtown in about 20 minutes. I will try to keep my eyes open as construction starts.

Ashland City seems to be trending upward with the newer developments and that is good news for Cheatham County. The music industry has known about the County and it's natural beauty for a while as many well known recording artists have chosen to live here. The rest of the world is beginning to find out.

Now let's hope Ashland City can move ahead with it's downtown rennaisance plan to upgrade streets, sidewalks and landscaping and make it even much better.

Kingston Springs and Pegram are starting to see some growth (density, not sprawl) as the Nashville area continues to expand. The historical downtown of Kingston Springs is starting to boom with development in the form of condos, commercial and single family residential. One 1/2 acre lot with a white frame house is listed for a half mill and a 1/4 acre empty lot was sold for $125,000. These numbers may not impress the Brentwood crowd, but it is shocking to us down here in the south end of the County. The City is about to begin the upgrade of the downtown street system by widening streets, adding sidewalks, decorative street lights, more parking and underground utilities. It will be quite a change.

There are three large, undeveloped lots next to the I-40 interchange that the Mayor is trying to promote for development. He apparently has an agreement from the owners, that they would sell together if a developer were found. He is thinking of a big box developer like Krogers or even Wall*&#, but I think it would be perfect for a smaller version of Atlanta's Atlantic Station with a mix of on-street retail, housing, hospitality and commercial. A new urbanist type village!

Pegram has adopted some design standards for new development, but maybe too late. When they rezoned all the Hwy 70 frontage to commercial, most of the intial the development was tacky and ugly. I hope any new development, along with some retrofitting of landscaping, will significantly enhance the City's look help it overcome the lack of early planning which led to this fiasco.

Things are changing in Cheatham. Nothing we can do about all this growth, though, other than to manage it well.

This development is really something out of the blue for most of us. Most, if not all, the developments you hear about is in the southern half of the metro. A welcomed change is what this is to me. The northern half of the metro is ripe for development.

My only concern with this project is that there may be too much condo/marina development for both of these to work. When I say both ,I mean this project and Cumberland Yacht Harbor. They are about 15 miles apart. I do think that once both of these are finished there will need to be a larger boat dock or marina downtown because I think a lot of people will be bringing their boats downtown for ballgames or whatever instead of their cars..

I may be wrong.

What do you all think?

I do think that once both of these are finished there will need to be a larger boat dock or marina downtown because I think a lot of people will be bringing their boats downtown for ballgames or whatever instead of their cars..

Cool! Bring it on. Before long, you'd have a Titan's Navy.

I've never really thought of the Cumberland River being open to private boaters. Could people really just drive from their condos to downtown whenever they want?

Oh yea! I have been down town and seen a number of boats docked at the dock just below Shelby St Bridge. Ive seen people riding wave runners and other boats right through that area. You may not be aware that the Cumberland is navigable all the way to the ocean. Many times I have seen river barge hotels docked downtown along with the Mississippi Queen.

Oh yea! I have been down town and seen a number of boats docked at the dock just below Shelby St Bridge. Ive seen people riding wave runners and other boats right through that area. You may not be aware that the Cumberland is navigable all the way to the ocean. Many times I have seen river barge hotels docked downtown along with the Mississippi Queen.

The Cumberland runs all the way to the ocean ? :blink:

I thought we would go on Dave's yacht he bought himself for his birthday. :rolleyes:

That would be a good meet. It would be great to have someone in the forum with a good size boat. In all honesty we could start having a few road trips to other parts of Middle TN, Chattanooga, or Memphis, from time to time. I would just have to have some notice.

One more thing about Cheatham County;

Pleasant View, on I-24 halfway between Nashville (1.3 million SMA) and Clarksville (250k SMA), is seeing tremendous growth highlighted by the new urbanist development Pleasant View Village

It will be a very pedestrian friendly community with a mix of townhomes, Charleston style homes, retail and office. There will be a large town center with a park and a main street type retail area. Some photos of the ongoing development:

Winter06005.jpg

Winter06003.jpg

Winter06001.jpg

Come up and drive through, sometime. Pleasant View will be largest City in Cheatham, easily, with plenty of gentle, rolling land to spread out on.

There's a whole lot to explore up here. Hey Dave, if you need a tour some time, give me a call.

I expect Hwy 49 between Ashland City and Pleasant View will get widened to 4 or 5 lanes in the not to distant future. That will cause even more growth. I also suspect Pleasant View will not be the largest for too long. There is a lot of land to develop in and around AC, and the area is just now beginning to be discovered.

Archived