Ashland City Condos

MidTenn1

I have roamed and I have seen. I was actually amazed how fast I got there until I realized it's the same distance from my house as it is to work in La Vergne...but many times over a much prettier drive. Sometimes it's easy to forget that we've got such beautiful, hilly countryside so close. I hope the developers stay away from much of that area. It just seems so lost in time and it beats the heck out of driving for hours to wind up driving on those cool, almost mountainous roads when we have them just up the road a piece (I would insert Far-fe-noo-gan, if I could spell it).

Anyway, I made it to Pleasant View Village and was pretty impressed with what I saw. It's an odd development in that there's nothing much around it, but the scale and layout was pretty cool. I loved the building styles and even went inside a couple of them. It'll be interesting to return in a year and see it when more is finished and it's a little less muddy. Hopefully, more towns will use this as a model for avoiding all that sprawly mess people are becoming accustomed to. I liked it a lot.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anybody tell me what, if anything, surrounds this development as far as urban assests are concerned? I mean, I am all for this project, and applaud Ashland City for it, but I know nothing of the city aside from that it is a very small town. Obviously a dense structure only works if it is in an environment that is also dense with amenities. Otherwise, it's somewhat impractical. Are there shops and stores around for people to walk to? Or is this sitting in the middle of a cow pasture a mile away from a super wal-mart and a waffle house? lol

This is just a few blocks from DT Ashland City which does not say a lot. Not a lot of restaurants around and about 3 miles from a Wal-Mart. The Marina will have a rest. and club house. Sometimes in the middle of a cow pasture is what people want in order to be away from an urban area. It can be just as much of a draw to not have a lot of services around. There is a large 800 acre sub division going in a couple of miles away with private lakes and 1 and 2 acre lots. Many people want a small town feel and dont want all the urban services you may want.

This is just a few blocks from DT Ashland City which does not say a lot. Not a lot of restaurants around and about 3 miles from a Wal-Mart. The Marina will have a rest. and club house. Sometimes in the middle of a cow pasture is what people want in order to be away from an urban area. It can be just as much of a draw to not have a lot of services around. There is a large 800 acre sub division going in a couple of miles away with private lakes and 1 and 2 acre lots. Many people want a small town feel and dont want all the urban services you may want.

I see where you are coming from. I do hope Ashland City does not go the route of uncontrolled sprawl although there are small signs of this on Hwy 12 with the new Wal Mart and a shopping center...plus a new apartment community and a lot of acreage for sale. I would have rather seen a nice development close to the DT. The DT area of AC is very small and not much business diversity there. The DT is not very pedestrian friendly although the City is planning a major upgrade to the DT area with the Ren

It's about time Nashville stopped turning it's back on the river. Richard Fulton was involved with the original Riverfront Park concept, where 25 steamboats were docked just prior to the Civil War (TN state archives steamboat collection) but nothing ever got moving. It's been years!

FINALLY there are two marina condo concepts under way now, and I think it's great. More river traffic will cause riverfront development and new restaurants like the lamented Blue Moon (sob) of a couple years ago. I wish them all the best,

Midtown

• 1 year later...

Last weeks Ashland City Times has an article about a merchant complaining that the new curbing in the AC revitalization of downtown is causing water problems in his business.

I must say that as of this last week I am beginning to see a difference. Some of the elevation of the sidewalks does look low, opposite the courthouse in front of a lawyer's office.

I will have to go and take a look. I have been battling pneumonia all week and have not been out of the house and barely out of bed. I may get a look this weekend depending on how I feel.

Any idea how far the city is going to go with the project as far as the distance DT?

The downtown work is moving on and looking good.

The lawsuits are in motion to lift the block on the up-scale homes planned across the river. I can not see how they can not go ahead, though.

Have seen all of the tv commercials to sell building sites off of Bell Road around the lake?

Archived