Development behind Van Andel Arena

GRDadof3

I think, based on another thread, there's already been talk of putting a massive structure where it's pictured on our "blue prints :P "

I understand; I'm just saying I'd rather the two swap positions so we can have the stagnant parking garage off of Ionia. I'm pretty sure it's too late, but it never hurts to ask :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand; I'm just saying I'd rather the two swap positions so we can have the stagnant parking garage off of Ionia. I'm pretty sure it's too late, but it never hurts to ask :)

I say we just require them both to have lots... underground.

Yes!!!

I ws reading the article you posted in another thread, I think it would be an excellent idea to make the above ground lots city-subsidized, and any underground lots private lots. I'd love to see all these developments have underground parking, it would make my day.

I agree with the underground lots, but I think the city should help developers build underground lots (like they are doing with Two West Fulton). Sometimes the numbers don't work for developers to build an attached UG ramp, and they'll piggyback on a deal with the city to share a nearby parking ramp. I think we need to get away from that mentality. In other words, I agree with the principle, maybe not in the delivery?

Archived