Ivy Hotel + Residences

Minneapolitan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing previous illustrations when the complex was going to be an office tower. But this is a great looking complex too. Another neato thing to dense up the skyline when you come cruisin' into town off 35W.

I can't help but think it would look better if a crane "accidently" knocked down the orignal Ivy tower during construction :whistling:

I can't help but think it would look better if a crane "accidently" knocked down the orignal Ivy tower during construction :whistling:

:lol: That's blasphemous!

But I wonder what will go in the actual Ivy Tower building. 3 studio condos and a 2-table Starbucks? (being cheeky on that last bit)

Does anyone else ever remember the rendering of the original design of the Ivy Tower complex? I mean when it was supposed to part of a four-tower Christian Science Church in 1930? I remember the four towers were supposed to support a large globe in the center that was the Sanctuary.

:lol: That's blasphemous!

But I wonder what will go in the actual Ivy Tower building. 3 studio condos and a 2-table Starbucks? (being cheeky on that last bit)

This is a bit old, but according to the Minneapolis Development web page..."The Ivy Tower itself will be used for high tech conference space. The space will include a grand staircase entry, specialty commercial use including a coffee shop, a Minneapolis history museum and meeting rooms. There will be a solarium and public open area connecting the new construction with the Ivy Tower."

So yes, maybe it will be a 2-table Starbucks! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived