Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AceMentor

Rumors of the Jags leaving

When I was in ponte vedra this summer, I read in the times union that the Jags might be leaving to LA. My sister goes to college at UCLA and she would be excited but I would be dumbfounded. Are these true or just rumours?

Last summer there was minimal truth to them, but after the Jags sold out every home game this year, had zero blackouts, settled the signage issue, and had the 4th best record in the NFL this year... not any longer. The Jags will stay in Jacksonville.

I'm glad, because If the Jags left Jacksonville, the city as a whole would suffer. Having a pro sports team in a city generates big revenue for not only the team organization but for the community as a whole.

Again... no truth to this rumor. This is not something that "the NFL has done". It was a minor issue last year before the season, but the point the Jags had was a very good one.

The Jags were not at fault over all this... it was clearly the city trying to weasel their way out of a contract that they had already agreed upon. The Jags merely demanded that the city abided by the contract that they had already signed. Nothing wrong with taking that action...

The bottom line here is that the city recanted their position, kissed and made up, and the Jags will be in Jacksonville for as long as the foreseeable future takes us.