• Predators
    • Grizzlies
    • Sounds
    • Redbirds
    • Other (lookouts, diamond jaxx, rhythm, metros

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx, simply because they are the closest and I like to watch baseball live. If we lose them, I dunno probably the Memphis Redbirds or Memphis Grizzlies.

In all actuality I would be the most active as a supporter of one of the region's KIT "Kitty" League (Kentucky-Illinois-Tennessee) -Class D- baseball teams, which would probably be either the the Union City Greyhounds or Fulton Railroaders.

Well, my favorite sports team from the state--not listed, yeah I know it's college--would be Univ. of Memphis basketball. Most of 'em go pro in a year anyway . . . . lol

After being an avid Saints fan for 25 years, I got my fill of the NFL, and could now care less.

I like to see the Grizzlies win, but I'm not much of a real fan.

Chattanooga Lookouts... 30 minutes away with $5 seats, You just can't beat the entertainment of cheap baseball along with my favorite reoccurring military lookouts mascot known as General Admission!

Because of where I live I am only 2 hours from the Atlanta Braves. I know they're not a Tennessee sports team, but many folks in this area of Tennessee will claim the Braves and even the Falcons as their own. The Hawks on the other hand are just disowned!

Nashville Predators Hockey. Quite simply, the most exciting sporting event in the state. Especially during the playoffs. Unmatched in intensity and unmatched in excitiment. This coming from a University of Kentucky basketball diehard fan of over 20 years.

Nashville Predators Hockey. Quite simply, the most exciting sporting event in the state. Especially during the playoffs. Unmatched in intensity and unmatched in excitiment. This coming from a University of Kentucky basketball diehard fan of over 20 years.

I had to vote for the Titans, but it was a close decision between them and the Predators. There's no denying that Predators hockey is super intense and exciting. However, I've been a season ticket holder for the Titans since they played their first home games at Vanderbilt Stadium. I'm an original PSL seat holder. NFL playoff football is incredibly intense, and it pulls the entire community together like no other sport, especially here in the South. I'll never forget seeing from my perfect vantage point in the Upeer Deck, West stands the Music City Miracle as it happened. It was a moment I'll never forget and was clearly the most exciting sports moment of my life. I'll never forget the incredible buzz that was Nashville during the 2000 Super Bowl. I watched the game with 3,000 other crazies crammed into the Wild Horse Saloon. It was a night to remember, and we were.....Oh so close. Here's hoping that the Preds can get into the playoffs this year, and advance through them to the Stanley Cup finals. Oh, what an amazing thing that would be.

GO TITANS!!!....GO PREDS!!!

Chattanooga Lookouts... 30 minutes away with $5 seats, You just can't beat the entertainment of cheap baseball along with my favorite reoccurring military lookouts mascot known as General Admission!

Because of where I live I am only 2 hours from the Atlanta Braves. I know they're not a Tennessee sports team, but many folks in this area of Tennessee will claim the Braves and even the Falcons as their own. The Hawks on the other hand are just disowned!

Lookout baseball is a tremendous value, and a lot of fun. I enjoyed all the games I've been to a bunch. I have no trouble with any Tennesseans rooting for the Braves. They're the closest Major league team for most of us, and I'm a big fan of their's myself. However, I get a little annoyed at Tennesseans who are Falcon fans. I know they've had a team a lot longer than the Titans, but they're a Georgia team, not a Tennessee team. On top of that the Falcons have NEVER put together two winning seasons in a row in their 40 years of existence. The Titans did that the first two years after they became the Titans. I believe we've got more Titans fans in the Chattanooga area than Falcons fans, but the difference in numbers is too close for me. I believe once the Titans rebuild (and they most certainly will) and make the playoffs several more times, there will be far more Titans fans in the Chattanooga area than Falcon fans.

Well I can see why you find the Predators more exciting this year...... :lol:

Redbirds, grizzlies

ive only been to two tiger basketball games... but i enjoyed them a lot.

tiger football, stinks haha.

and i really dont like the titans at all. nor have i ever liked them.

the Preds, i dont know enough about that. in fact i didnt even know nashville had NHL until like 6 months ago... How long have they been there?

the Preds, i dont know enough about that. in fact i didnt even know nashville had NHL until like 6 months ago... How long have they been there?

This is their 7th season, plus there was a lockout season, so they've been here 8 years.

You should cheer for them, they are Tennessee's only major sport expansion team. They were built from the ground up and they are currently 1 point back of being at the top of the Western Conference.

You should cheer for them, they are Tennessee's only major sport expansion team. They were built from the ground up and they are currently 1 point back of being at the top of the Western Conference.

And if they win their game tonight in Detroit they will vault right into first place in their division. They are clearly on their way to the playoffs and there's a Buzz in Nashville about the Predators! GO PREDS!

Redbirds, grizzlies

ive only been to two tiger basketball games... but i enjoyed them a lot.

tiger football, stinks haha.

and i really dont like the titans at all. nor have i ever liked them.

Tiger football may stink, but they made a bowl game for the third straight year, including this year, when it was the only major mid-south team to make the bowls (no UT, no Ole Miss, no Miss State, no Ark). That says something about the program. So at least they represented the region very well given the decimating injuries (losing their first, second, and third-string quarterbacks), unlike some of the local SEC teams with major bandwagons. That says a lot more about the U of M program that they had that level of perseverence in the face of incredible adversity, and were able to finish pretty strong when 90 percent of other teams would've just folded or felt sorry for themselves. They also have an impressive coach and recruiting class.

In terms of franchise quality, no team in the state really matches the Redbirds (even though I chose the Grizz b/c they're the major-league team in Memphis, and do an impressive amount of outreach and community relations). But, in reality, none of the major league franchises can really touch the Redbirds. It may be AAA, but it's a not-for-profit. That's priceless. Not to mention the impact they have had on the local pride, downtown nightlife, and architectural environment. The national recognition of the franchise is impressive for a non-major league team.

Go Grizz!

Go Tigers!

Go Predators!

edit: didn't mean to sound so defensive about the Tiger football. I just wanted to give those who might not be familiar with the program (i.e. SEC fans) some insight as to this remarkable and rewarding season, even though the cards didn't turn out all that great, the team was GOOD this season given the situation, and the program is headed in the right direction.

Its most definitely the Grizzlies for me. Excitement overcomes you as soon as you enter the Forum! Those of you who've been to a game no what I'm talking about! Even though I LOVED going to games at the Pyramid, FedEx Forum is by far one of the best arenas that I've ever been to! The United Center in Chicago is my second favorite (maybe until I get a chance to go to Madison Square Garden).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My favorites are the Grizzlies, U of M, then the redbirds. I wish the Grizz could win a playoff game, because now they have the most consecutive losses in playoffs, which is 12. The U of M basketball and football teams have been doing very well in the past season, and the Redbirds aren't that bad either. They all have really made downtown a fun place to go, starting in the early 90s when the Pyramid was built, then ATP, and finally Fedex Forum(which I think is the best Arena in the nation). I think the Pyramid is a great landmark and the Tigers should've kept it because they promised they would stay in the Pyramid forever! ATP is probably the best AAA ballpark in the nation(especially because its feild meets MLB standards), and also it makes for great arial shots of Memphis. GO GRIZZ! GO REDBIRDS! GO U OF M!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The Murfreesboro Musicians

OK the choices on the poll are woefully incomplete. The Redbirds are included, who are lucky to get 3,000 to 4,000 on some games, and not he Vols, who normally draw over 100,000? If you are not including college teams, the topic heading should then be edited to read "favorite professional sports team in Tennessee". Tennessee is still overall a college state and the favorite team objectively by far is the Tennnessee Vols. Obviously some people here don't like them but that's a fact. The Titans are second in popularity statewide and 1st in Nashville metro.

My favorite team is the Vols of course, and I chose "other". Since I drive from Memphis to Knoxville for most of the games (but 4 home games in a row was a little tough for me, with the U of M game coming up next Sat.).

Archived