New Format

monsoon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't see a problem with the Mid Atlantic name. I've always considered TN and KY as Mid Atlantic states, along with VA, NC, and SC. That's just what I've heard the Northern part of the South called. OK and AR being considered Gulf States is a little weird, but I imagine that that is where they fit best. It would have a been way uneven if they had been in Mid Atlantic. Good job. I have no complaints.

Unfortunately that is a limitation of the forum software so I can't grant that request.

A code modification could be in order to allow people to select different parent forums from a child forum in the breadcrumb bar?

Yeah, I think this works well for one particular reason: those states which don't have subforums could always use "The South" forum.

I believe we should have its like the SEC-

Southern EAST

Georiga-

N.C

S.C

Alabama

Virginia

Florida

Southern West

Tennessee

Kentucky

Mississippi

Louisiana

Arkansas

Texas

Oklahoma

in the sec it's like this:

east:

flordia

georgia

south carolina

tennessee

kentucky

west:

alabama

louisiana

arkansas

mississippi

and of course we kick out all of those fake "southern" states out like north carolina and texas out. :whistling:........ j/k :D

Oklahoma must be the hardest state to classify, anywhere.

In the mid-1980s, an Oklahoma City advertising agency commissioned an informal national survey to find out how others perceived the state. Surprisingly, instead of encountering the typical stereotypes, those conducting the survey found few of the respondents connected Oklahoma with oil, cowboys and Indians, or even the Dust Bowl. Many of those polled claimed they had no impression at all of Oklahoma. Not only that, but most of the survey participants had real difficulty in pinpointing the state's location or in indicating any of Oklahoma's preeminent features. Some thought that Oklahoma was "near Texas" or "along Interstate 40," but not one person placed the state in the Southwest or the South

Bad move! When poled Americans say that they are American first, then identify with their region second. This is not true in the South. When poled Southerners are Southerners first, with American being a distant second. It's the only region where this is true... and you got rid of it???

I understand yoou have to do something to make it more managable.

I like showtime 21's interpretation of Southern East & Southern West.

I am an Atlantan first, Georgian second and Southerner, third,,, but American is a clear, long distant fourth for me. NO WAY am I a Mid Atlantic person.

We do appreciate the comments and we do listen to the People. As a result we have made the following adjustments:

• Changed Gulf Region to Lower South

• Changed Atlantic Region to Upper South

• Created Mississippi Forum in Lower South, NCB & Rural King are moderators. (working on a flag)

• Virginia is now in the Upper South

We do appreciate the comments and we do listen to the People. As a result we have made the following adjustments:

• Created Mississippi Forum in Lower South, NCB & Rural King are moderators. (working on a flag)

I realize this hasn't been easy, trying to find a good way to divide the Southern Forum. Personally I like this a little better. The flags are a nice touch too. Thanks for the efforts. :D

YESSSSS!!! :thumbsup::yahoo::w00t::silly:

Excuse me, correct me if im wrong but, since when was Georgia considered "the upper south"??? That's about as dirty and deep as you get in the south lol.....there has to be a different way of naming these than upper and lower.........

We are open to constructive suggestions. This is the 2nd go around to attempt to please everyone.

Excuse me, correct me if im wrong but, since when was Georgia considered "the upper south"??? That's about as dirty and deep as you get in the south lol.....there has to be a different way of naming these than upper and lower.........

A poll would be a good idea to see how people feel about Georgias position of being in the upper south at the moment.

Archived