New Format

monsoon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upper South and Lower South works a lot better for me. Thanks for being flexible on this. My concern is that someone new to the forum would have had difficulty with the Gulf and Mid Atlantic. I think this will work a lot better.

:thumbsup:

I have no idea where Oklahoma belongs. How about a region called Tornado Alley. :lol:

Like I said, no one will ever know where Oklahoma is supposed to go. It's really the crossroads of the country geographically and culturally. You can go to Northwest and find midwestern culture and hilly trees, go to the southeast and find Deep south/gulf state culture and mountains, go to OKC and find North Texas culture and 100% flat plains, west is the frontier culture, panhandle is ranches and some foothills. Plus it borders or corners on two states from every region except NE and Pacific NW. (CO and NM, TX and AR, KS and MO) It shares the most border with the South though.

And no matter what forum it is in, it will never be involved in any discussions unless an Oklahoma person brings it into the discussion. And usually complaints will follow that Oklahoma doesn't belong in [insert region]. I just find it to be more adamant when dealing with Midwesterners.

And no matter what forum it is in, it will never be involved in any discussions unless an Oklahoma person brings it into the discussion. And usually complaints will follow that Oklahoma doesn't belong in [insert region]. I just find it to be more adamant when dealing with Midwesterners.

This is an inclusive site. Nobody here is going to complain if someone from OK wants to join in a discussion in The South section, or any other section for that matter. As I mentioned above, we are here to improve communication, amongst people from all sections of the planet.

So, I see that a rating system has been created for this forum (Southern Regional Discussion, not the whole of UP). Is this just a "test drive" of the system for the rest of the site?

Maybe. Its been there all along, but this is the one of the first times we have turned it on.

Archived