How would you like to see the Ratings used?

PBJ

What should the rating "Judge"  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should It:

• Identify it it's on topic(5) or not(1)
    • Identify Interesting(5) or Not(1)
    • Identify Do you Like(5) or Dislike(1) the topic
    • Feel it's relevant to GR(5) or Not(1)
    • The ratings don't add ANY value at all

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think on UP theres this natural selection that goes on. We usually stick to the topics that are useful, so this weeds out all the topics that aren't relevant or have no use on UP. This system could work, but couln't it be abused by people who don't agree with a topic, yet it is valid and useful in the same?

Did you know that some companies test run products and services in GR before everyone else in the country. Do you know why? Well, its because Grand Rapids is considered 'middle of the road,' its where theres a little of everything represented. Maybe this is why UP put this system here, or its because its one of the higer viewed forums.

Did you know that some companies test run products and services in GR before everyone else in the country. Do you know why? Well, its because Grand Rapids is considered 'middle of the road,' its where theres a little of everything represented. Maybe this is why UP put this system here, or its because its one of the higer viewed forums.

I've heard this before.. remember Crystal Pepsi? :lol:

Here's an idea: I want to be able to turn them off from My Controls. This way I don't have to see them if I don't want to (which I don't :) ). Those of you who think they're useful, go right ahead and leave 'em turned on! Just a thought for the developers.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they were customizable..

You could always "AdBlock" the stars.. I do that with annoying signature graphics on almost every board i read.

The site seems to have been moving slow lately, so I think any added code that needs to load up is a hinderance and not a help.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Actually, the addition of this ratings system has extremely low affect on performance. Our hosting bill is already high and it will get even higher in the next couple of months as I plan to purchase an upgrade to our server which will also include more storage and bandwidth (which means more features down the road for you guys). The lag lately is because of the growth of the site in general. We steadily have 100 members online plus our average 150 or so guests. Count this along with lurkers in other sections of the site that aren't included in these statistics and other things and we have a lot of viership. We want to create the best environment possible for our users, enhance our offerings to our users, and keep it all free to everyone. I am doing quite a bit in the background to bring more enhancements that include and upgrade in speed on the site but it may still be a month or two away. I promise it is coming. :)

Hey neo, can we just make it so images aren't allowed in signatures before we have all that crap here? :lol:

The reason you haven't seen all of that crap here is because we do not allow it. We have set restrictions on the number of lines and have policies regarding what can go into a signature and avatar.

I love when people have like 8x10's of their family in their signatures. Like I want to see that every time you post. ;)

:offtopic:

That is against our rules here. Graphics in sigs can be no larger than 50px high and 300 px wide. If I see a violation then I either delete it or ask the offender to do something about it.

Edit: I see that Neo previously answered.

Archived