Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Welcome!

Welcome the the New Orleans section! I moved a few threads in here to get things rolling, but NCB will move the others when he gets a chance. Be patient :)

Great! :D

Thanks, monsoon and Spartan!

BTW, I'll get right on moving the rest of the New Orleans threads in here.

Ok all New Orleans related topics have been moved into the New Orleans subforum.

Congrats to the New Orleans forum on reaching over 1000 posts! That sure was fast! ;)

With all the changes going on over here I'm wondering what will surprise me when I check in tomorrow. :lol:

Hopefully you'll see a new active member from Louisiana. :D

As I'm trying to make the New Orleans subforum as interesting as possible, does anyone have any suggestions on new threads, organization, or anything like that?

Hey cool New Orleans has it own sub-forum now! Awesome!

Looking good NCB! :D

Thanks, RK! :D

I'm experimenting alot with the New Orleans forum right now. Creating, moving, and merging certain topics in order to try to make the forum discussion friendly and interesting.

Maybe a restaurants or food forum of some kind would be a good idea. After all, New Orleans is all about food.

Great idea, Tom.

I was thinking about that before, and thought of possibly moving the "Louisiana Cuisine" topic into this forum, as most of the food discussed in that topic is from New Orleans.

Excellent idea. The new topic should be inclusive enough to encompass everything from Breakfast at Brennan's to making groceries at Schwegmann's (R.I.P).

You might make one in the general forum for "the Cajun" region of the state as well. Places like Morgan City and New Iberia have some mighty fine food offerings IMO.

^Thanks for the ideas guys.

What I'm going to attempt to do is start a "New Orleans Cuisine" thread, and move any of the posts relating to New Orleans food from the "Louisiana Cuisine" thread into it. After that, I'm going to start a "Cajun Cuisine" thread, and move any posts from the "Louisiana Cuisine" thread relating to Cajun food into it. :thumbsup:

^It's been pretty slow in both the New Orleans and Louisiana forums recently, but I havent been able to be as active as I would like to be. Expect more threads soon. :)

Nate, you are about to reach a milestone yourself !

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that. I knew I was getting close to 4000, but I hadn't even looked over to see what my post total was.

Congrats to Nate for reaching 4,000 post !!! + 7

Thanks for being the catalyst in getting the Louisiana Urban scene recognized and rolling.

Congrats to Nate for reaching 4,000 post !!! + 7

Thanks for being the catalyst in getting the Louisiana Urban scene recognized and rolling.

Thanks, Richy! :D

When I first talked to the admins about possibly starting a Louisiana forum back in August '05, I didn't know if it would even last more than a month, but that was not the case! We're not doing too bad down here, not too bad at all! :thumbsup:

Yes it looks to be a sucess. I am glad you took the initiative(sp?) to start a Louisiana forum. Aug.05'.... around the time of Katrina. Was that before or during.