Celebrity sightings

Rizzo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Foo Fighters called Wenger's the "coolest bowling alley in the world". I'll have to check it out sometime.

And as far as celebs, I think everyone has an Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) story.

Joe

I have a feeling that they went bowling on the West Side at Weangers. It seems like all kinds of celebrities end up there at one time or another. I can't even begin to name them all.

Also I guess that I know of one celebrity that comes around often. If you ever stop by the Office Depot on Alpine on a Saturday you might run into Anthony Kiedis's dad. His son (Anthony) stops in with him every now and then too. He does all of the printing for the fan club there.

Wenger's is a great spot. I used to bowl in a league there but haven't seen any celebrities.

Also, I wasn't there to see it but a couple years ago a friend of mine got kicked out of the BOB for throwing up on a professional wrestler after an event they did at the Van. I don't remember which guy it was but I think it might have been Chris Jericho.

Anthony Kedis' dad is everywhere, I believe his name, nickname, is Blackie, he's a roast beef fan. Real nice guy, I've seen Anthony once or twice around Rockford, years ago. Mostly because of my restaurants location. I end up serving the news 8 people.

I've seen Susan Geha, she actually seems really tall, but that could just be cause i'm like 5'6. I don't know if Local news people should count. And the Piston that you are refering to, his last name is Vaught I believe, I could be wrong, I think he's from here. I could be refering to the wrong person, but my friend Kevins brother used to play for the Pistons. I remember only that much.

Loy Vaugn (sp?) played for E. Kentwood, UofM, and then went to the NBA. Anthony Kiedis also graduated from Kentwood. A guy that I work with, who runs the West Michigan SPCA (animal rescue mission), has Anthony and Blackie as one of their biggest benifactors. Blackie owns several wolves that live at the shelter, and they also have a bear there named Anthony because he helps fund his care.

Saw Brian Austin Greene at the Amway back in the 90's . . a friend and I waited by the elevator banks as a friend in security told us he was headed that way . . :rofl: cracks me up now . . .

Also see Matt Steigenga around . .

And finally . .saw Joe LaFurgey at the mall once . .he is very handsome in person . . . :shades:

I think kedis grew up in forest hills, and GR and his dad now lives in rockford, he moved to cali to live with his mom for high school. but he came back and bought a hummer a couple years ago at harvey

Other celebs i've seen floyed mayweather a few times in his bentley, farrari and a hummer with his entourage, he sometimes stays at the crowne plaza and once I saw them at the amerisuits, but i think he has a couple houses in town too

other than that I've seen a lot of celebs at the grand plaza, colon powell, green day, g-unit, stevie nicks, bill russel, some lions; kelly butler stays there all the time and cory slezinger, joe D., and a that red wings goalie stayed recently as well as many others that I cant remember

also there was a few ppl from mtv the realworld that I dont really consider celebs but there were a bunch of teenage girls that were freaking out

Close. He's from Ohio, but studied at Kendall in GR. I've heard that you can see some of his work at their campus, but I've never checked it out.

He's from Scottville, MI. He did go to KCAD but only for a couple of years. None of his artwork is hanging up anywhere, but he does stop by every time he's in town. He's good friends with a professor.

He's from Scottville, MI. He did go to KCAD but only for a couple of years. None of his artwork is hanging up anywhere, but he does stop by every time he's in town. He's good friends with a professor.

Gotta love Scottville.....Any town who's claim to fame is a clown marching band is allright in my book.

band7cr.jpg

Sufjan Stevens is at my house right now.....

i have had many famous people here in town.

Ice Tea is my cousin and when out in LA we hang out.

i have had many cameos in movies with do-well-ers, the most notable in the zoolander movie.

i will be famous when i kill the bigfoot creature out by 108th and division. thats 2 sightings in the last 3 weeks. he took 6 sleeping darts and did a barrel roll off a dumptruck hood before ducking across the street and loosing me in some thick brush...

i have had many cameos in movies with do-well-ers, the most notable in the zoolander movie.

i will be famous when i kill the bigfoot creature out by 108th and division. thats 2 sightings in the last 3 weeks. he took 6 sleeping darts and did a barrel roll off a dumptruck hood before ducking across the street and loosing me in some thick brush...

Out of all the experts and insiders that we have frequenting this board, I think I look forward to your posts the most. :rofl:

That is defininately "Sasquatch Territory". I always lock my doors when driving out there. :blink:

:rofl: I sure hope you show up at the meet up on Friday!

mrknowitall, since I am a fan of your cousin may you reach out to him and show some love? 'Cause I can use graph... that would be fly on my grand rapids wall.. Maybe he can possibly sign my glock, apparel? I'd pay for the shipping... but hes gotta front the sig.

Loy Vaugn (sp?) played for E. Kentwood, UofM, and then went to the NBA. Anthony Kiedis also graduated from Kentwood. A guy that I work with, who runs the West Michigan SPCA (animal rescue mission), has Anthony and Blackie as one of their biggest benifactors. Blackie owns several wolves that live at the shelter, and they also have a bear there named Anthony because he helps fund his care.

That'd be Loy Vaught. He was born in Grand Rapids and helped lead U-of-M to the 1989 NCAA championship. He was drafted 13th in the 1990 draft and played for the Pistons during the 98-99 and 99-00 seasons.

A few years ago, I worked at a kiosk in Woodland Mall (hey...it paid for college) Anyways, people passing through GR always seemed to want to shop, so I was fortunate to see and meet these "famous" people:

-Bad Company (the whole group...wow...just wow...very interesting look they still have going on)

-Jerry Seinfeld

-Floyd Mayweather

-Bone-Thugz-N-Harmony (if you know who they are...they signed autographs in Sam Goody)

-"Teck" (Tecomsheh Jones from the Real World Hawaii...funny guy)

-Coral & Abraham from Road Rules were also in the mall later that year, and I witnessed Coral kissing another girl at Tiki Bob's

-The guy who played Norm in Cheers

-Chingy (a rapper...I think)

-Vince Carter (he refused to give a 5 yr old boy an autograph...he lost my respect)

-Nelly (another rapper...must be a Woodland thing)

-Bobcat Goldstein (I think that's his name...he was here to perform at Dr. Grins)

-John Logey purchased something to me...he was a funny guy...swore a lot

-Edgerrin James (I haven't a clue why he was here)

-Don Vito (for the younger folks here)

That might be it.

They were always easy to find. Just look for the crowd following shortly behind.

Archived