Celebrity sightings

Rizzo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago, I worked at a kiosk in Woodland Mall (hey...it paid for college) Anyways, people passing through GR always seemed to want to shop, so I was fortunate to see and meet these "famous" people:

-Bad Company (the whole group...wow...just wow...very interesting look they still have going on)

-Jerry Seinfeld

-Floyd Mayweather

-Bone-Thugz-N-Harmony (if you know who they are...they signed autographs in Sam Goody)

-"Teck" (Tecomsheh Jones from the Real World Hawaii...funny guy)

-Coral & Abraham from Road Rules were also in the mall later that year, and I witnessed Coral kissing another girl at Tiki Bob's

-The guy who played Norm in Cheers

-Chingy (a rapper...I think)

-Vince Carter (he refused to give a 5 yr old boy an autograph...he lost my respect)

-Nelly (another rapper...must be a Woodland thing)

-Bobcat Goldstein (I think that's his name...he was here to perform at Dr. Grins)

-John Logey purchased something to me...he was a funny guy...swore a lot

-Edgerrin James (I haven't a clue why he was here)

-Don Vito (for the younger folks here)

That might be it.

They were always easy to find. Just look for the crowd following shortly behind.

I had a customer who looked just like Don Vito. Yikes! :unsure:

Bobcat "Goldthwait"

Do you mean John Logie, the ex-mayor? Swore a lot? That I can see. :P

I saw Tim Robbins coming out of the bathroom as I was going in at Ed Debevic's in Chicago years ago. That dude was scraping the ceiling he is so tall. I know, not GR..

Holy crud, you actually met Don Vito? As far as I'm concerned that's the best name on your list. Was Ape in town too?

I love that show, it always cracks me up.

When Don Vito was at Margarita Grill last year my friends met him and they made him call me. It was after midnight and my phone rings, I answer and it's my friend going "hey Don Vito wants to talk to you", I seriously didn't know what was going on, plus when Don Vito started talking to me I couldn't figure out what he was saying. So I didn't get to meet him like my friends did, but I did get a phone call from him :D

In Chicago I have seen Robin Givens, Tom Selleck (same day!) and Horace Grant (former Bull). I lived in L.A. for 3 years and the only person I saw was Tackleberry (spell?) from the Police Academy movies, he was roller blading in Newport Beach. My wife saw Jim Belushi at LAX. My brother sat next to Mona from Who's the Boss while flying out to visit us. She was getting tanked while on the flight.

The only G.R. "celebrities" I've seen are Lee Van Amede at Marshall Fields in Rivertown Mall and Teri DeBoer @ Kobe Grill in Grandville- not too exciting. Did see President Reagan at a rally for Pres. Bush #1 way back during Bush #1 first campaign.

New Flash . . Kid Rock will be at Margaritagrille tonight . . before the show . .or say it just said on the radio . . .woo hoo . . . "I'm just sittin' here wastin' time . . ." :whistling:

Hmmm... haven't heard that from any of my inside sources... I'll look into it though..

As far as Vito, yeah he's at the Grill a bunch. He called us last year when he was in town, and we were opening another bar in Milwaukee.. the FUNNIEST drunk message i've ever heard in my life. Also met him last time he was in town, I have a picture someplace.. .

MTV does a LOT of promo stuff in GR, so there's always Real World/Road Rulers in town for a night or two. Great job if you can get it. Get paid to go to a city, hang out, sign autographs, drink for free. Most of em are fun, although Dieter (however you spell it) from Laguna Beach was a real fricking tool.

Hmmm... haven't heard that from any of my inside sources... I'll look into it though..

As far as Vito, yeah he's at the Grill a bunch. He called us last year when he was in town, and we were opening another bar in Milwaukee.. the FUNNIEST drunk message i've ever heard in my life. Also met him last time he was in town, I have a picture someplace.. .

MTV does a LOT of promo stuff in GR, so there's always Real World/Road Rulers in town for a night or two. Great job if you can get it. Get paid to go to a city, hang out, sign autographs, drink for free. Most of em are fun, although Dieter (however you spell it) from Laguna Beach was a real fricking tool.

that MTV promo job sounds like what Cuervo Man does in this Plan B piece from This American Life

My sources aren't sure about Kid Rock tonight, but apparently he was at Grand Woods Lounge last night.. fyi..

City Slicker from this forum was there and got to meet tha Kid. Said it was pretty funny; sounds like kidrok had a few pops before his impromptu performance on the stage at Grand Woods....

City Slicker from this forum was there and got to meet tha Kid. Said it was pretty funny; sounds like kidrok had a few pops before his impromptu performance on the stage at Grand Woods....

The two parts that stuck out from the description I got were "WASTED" and "a capella" :rofl:

I had a customer who looked just like Don Vito. Yikes! :unsure:

Bobcat "Goldthwait"

Do you mean John Logie, the ex-mayor? Swore a lot? That I can see. :P

I saw Tim Robbins coming out of the bathroom as I was going in at Ed Debevic's in Chicago years ago. That dude was scraping the ceiling he is so tall. I know, not GR..

Yeah, I meant Bobcat Goldthwait...don't know what I was thinking. I bought him a beer after his performance.

And yes, former mayor Logie. He's not that famous, but I thought his choice of language was worth mentioning (not because it's unbelievable...It's just funny) Also, he drives a Camry...if anybody wanted to know.

As far as Don Vito is concerned, he was with some people that didn't look familiar...no Ape. He was going to The Margarita Grille that night.

Archived