Providence City Council

Cotuit

The (majority of the) Providence City Council has lost it. Personal vendettas against the Mayor and many of his nominees, as well as sheer power tripping and classic over-stepping of bounds are hallmarks of this council. They are stiffling growth in Providence and confidence in government. You can mark my words. Replace them with well-qualified, intelligent council people who truly care about the city in 2006.

Dont believe me? Check and draw conclusions for yourself:

http://www.projo.com/metro/content/projo_2...3.1d2cc0b7.html

I'm going to allow this to be posted for now. But let's try to keep the deiscussion, non-heated. I believe we're all mature enough to have a level headed political discussion.

-Cotuit

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (majority of the) Providence City Council has lost it. Personal vendettas against the Mayor and many of his nominees, as well as sheer power tripping and classic over-stepping of bounds is a hallmark of this council. They are stiffling growth in Providence and confidence in government. You can mark my words. Replace them with well-qualified, intelligent council people who truly care about the city in 2006.

Dont believe me? Check and draw conclusions for yourself:

http://www.projo.com/metro/content/projo_2...3.1d2cc0b7.html

I couldn't agree more. I say let's start some sort of campaign to get these idiots out. I can't stand a single one of them.

I couldn't agree more. I say let's start some sort of campaign to get these idiots out. I can't stand a single one of them.

the scariest thing in that article, to me, is the vote to declare a "business non grata" which even if done for the right reasons just invites thoughts of backroom deals with competing businesses or with the company trying to unionize. Hmm, unions and the Providence mafia history...(I know this is crap speculation but seriously the first thing I thought about reading that paragraph was the guys leading the attempt to unionize paying off the council members)

Happens all the time, everywhere. We have an opening on the Budget Committee here in Tiverton. The Town Council is planning to reject the candidate we have offered for appointment (budget director for Shaw's Supermarkets; managing $200 million budgets) for a different candidate who is "friendly" with certain members of the council. Its' always about appointing who you know (i.e. control) vs. appointing the best candidate best qualified.

Sad, but true...

Archived