New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

I think the new orleans centre wont be apart of the project. meanwhile the dominion tower is suppose to be turned into luxury apartments.

Hopefully they will buldozed the crappy new orleans centre.

But, i wont mind renting one of those apartment if the development goes through!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the new orleans centre wont be apart of the project. meanwhile the dominion tower is suppose to be turned into luxury apartments.

Hopefully they will buldozed the crappy new orleans centre.

But, i wont mind renting one of those apartment if the development goes through!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish everything would have followed through the way that they wanted it to but, I guess that's just business. I can wait to see the new Trump tower though .

Great shot Nate, they new camera is very impressive ;) The detail in the Trump condo sign is remarkable.

I wish that New Orleans can get is a fox sports grill the ones in Atlanta and Houston are nice, and the food is amazing.

Never had the food; but saw the inside in Houston and was impressed. FoxSports Grill would be a nice fit with NOLA's sports venues.

Edited by richyb83

Yes, I am too. The architectural firm hired does really great work and from the description of the tower, it seems to be rather slender. Also, its always great to see surface parking lots put to better use. Ice House condos will be getting rid of a huge lot too. These rentals should go up quicker since they dont have to meet an amount of sales to start.

I also believe that the Vantage project is all but dead. He raised the prices and I dont think that building's design, location and overall placement is very nice to be honest.

So as of right now. We can basically declare the Tracage and this apartment tower on the corner of Okeefe and Poydras as under construction. Anyone know the timetable on the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Ice HOuse Condos?

Yes, I am too. The architectural firm hired does really great work and from the description of the tower, it seems to be rather slender. Also, its always great to see surface parking lots put to better use. Ice House condos will be getting rid of a huge lot too. These rentals should go up quicker since they dont have to meet an amount of sales to start.

I also believe that the Vantage project is all but dead. He raised the prices and I dont think that building's design, location and overall placement is very nice to be honest.

So as of right now. We can basically declare the Tracage and this apartment tower on the corner of Okeefe and Poydras as under construction. Anyone know the timetable on the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Ice HOuse Condos?

I thought the Vantage project was a definate go. They have a sign with a picture of the future building up at the designated construction site, as does Trump, and their web site is still up.

I question the location of the Tracage project.

:shades:

I got an email from vantage tower about 2 or 3 months ago that said they are close to selling out the penthouse area and said that construction could begin sometime before may.

What's the status of Crescent City Towers? I believe their web site says you can move in in '08 but I see no activity.

Also , National WWII museum poised for major expansion

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/ind....xml&coll=1

It will be great to see work on this massive expansion begin, and it's something I'm looking forward to seeing in the future. Here is a rendering of the expansion of the National World War II Museum, formerly the DDay Museuem.

DDAY.jpg

It will be great to see work on this massive expansion begin, and it's something I'm looking forward to seeing in the future. Here is a rendering of the expansion of the National World War II Museum, formerly the DDay Museuem.

NCB, I don't think your rendering of the WWII museum came through. I read the article in the Times Pic and the expansion of the museum is very impressive. It's going to be across the street from the existing building connected by a pedestrian bridge.

There is a hideous high rise building that has long been neglected on the lake side of Canal 2 blocks from Claiborne that has a lot of construction going on in it. It looks like it's being gutted. Does anyone know what its being transformed into?

NCB, I don't think your rendering of the WWII museum came through. I read the article in the Times Pic and the expansion of the museum is very impressive. It's going to be across the street from the existing building connected by a pedestrian bridge.

Sorry about that, thanks for letting me know! I put the link in the post, and it should be up now. :thumbsup:

Found The Bid for Trump Tower New Orleans: This is Good News

Project ID: Project Name:

448215 Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Project Type: Building Use: Reported: Status: Private / Public: Location:

New Construction

Site Work Hotel

Multi-Residential

Office

Parking Garage

Retail 12/28/2006 Conceptual Private New Orleans, LA

Project Address: Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Bid Date: Est. Start Date:

Second Quarter 2007

Description: Project Documents (0):

Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in New Orleans. Plans call for the construction of a 67-story development that will house residential units and a hotel. Construction will include 12 floors of parking and ground floor retail space. Each unit will range from 600 to 2,000 square feet.

This project is currently going through approvals. Interested parties may direct inquiries to the general contractor. Map: Aerial Photo:

Divisions of Work:

General Requirements, Site Work -- Excavation, Paving, Landscaping, Grading, Fences & Gates, Termite Control, Concrete -- Cast-In-Place Concrete, Concrete Formwork, Concrete Reinforcement, Masonry / Stone -- CMU, Metals -- Structural Steel, Metal Decking, Metal Fabrications, Metal Framing, Wood / Plastics -- Carpentry, Casework, Millwork, Wood Trusses, Thermal / Moisture -- Roofing, Insulation, Caulking & Sealants, Flashing & Sheet Metal, Waterproofing, Doors / Windows -- Metal Doors & Frames, Wood Doors, Glazing, Access Doors, Sliding Doors, Hardware, Finishes -- Drywall, Plaster, Stucco, Paint, Tile, Carpet, Hardwood Flooring, VCT, Specialties -- Signage, Toilet & Bath Accessories, Fire Extinguishers, Mailboxes, Equipment -- Residential Appliances, Security Entrance Systems, Mechanical -- HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Electrical -- Wiring, Lighting, Telephone/Data Systems, Grounding

Project Contacts:

Name: Company / Address: Role: Phone: Fax:

Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Developer Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Architect Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Architect Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! General Contractor Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

Click here to view a Sample Project with complete details.

Heres another one, I think for the St Louis Towers on Rampart.

488814 Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

New Construction

Site Work Hotel

Multi-Residential

Office

Restaurant

Retail

Swimming Pools 10/09/2006 Conceptual Private New Orleans, LA

Project Address: Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now! Bid Date: Est. Start Date:

October 2007

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use complex in New Orleans. Preliminary plans are calling for a 14 to 20-acre site to include four to five 40-story towers to house 1,500 one, two and three-bedroom condominiums, entertainment space, an indoor/outdoor water park, a 350-room hotel and 100,000 square feet of commercial space.

The project is currently in the due diligence phase. Interested parties should direct inquiries to the developer. Map: Aerial Photo:

Heres another one, I think for the St Louis Towers on Rampart.

488814 Available to subscribers only. Sign Up Now!

New Construction

Site Work Hotel

Multi-Residential

Office

Restaurant

Retail

Swimming Pools 10/09/2006 Conceptual Private New Orleans, LA

October 2007

Site work and new construction of a mixed-use complex in New Orleans. Preliminary plans are calling for a 14 to 20-acre site to include four to five 40-story towers to house 1,500 one, two and three-bedroom condominiums, entertainment space, an indoor/outdoor water park, a 350-room hotel and 100,000 square feet of commercial space.

The project is currently in the due diligence phase. Interested parties should direct inquiries to the developer. Map: Aerial Photo:

The Trump project is not new news but I knew nothing about the other project. 4 to 5 40 story buildings, that's impressive! I couldn't find anything out there on St. Louis Towers. Are you an Emporis member?

I assume you're a tennis player. Do you have a NTRP rating?

This isnt really new proposals. i was just letting you know that the contracts for construction have gone out to bid, that is always a good thing. Mean these projects are progressing. The project I posted second is I believe the one that would be by the Munincipal Auditorium on top of the Winn Dixie there. Seems to fit what was proposed months ago.

Ok now that i reread the bid it is actually for the Project proposed last spring for the New Orleans Lakefront. I specifically remember that water park. Sorry I got them confused!!